xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Think I Broke My Xtractor (plugged In Power Wrong Way)  (Read 115 times)

360newb22

• Archived User
Think I Broke My Xtractor (plugged In Power Wrong Way)
« on: February 02, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »

I think I may have just broke my Xtractor reader.  I hooked it up to do a flash and being in a rush I didn't realize that I had the power connector upside down on the drive end (I know...that's what happens when you rush).  Anyhow, I tried to fire up the drive and the power LED went on and then off right away.  I thought I probably broke the drive and the Xtractor, but fortunately the drive is still working fine.  The Xtractor on the other hand doesn't seem to be getting any power, as in it doesn't illuminate the power LED when I push the power switch.  Does anyone know if I did in fact break it, and if so is it repairable?  Thanks in advance!

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »

If its the xtractor with the fuse then you just need to replace the fuse.

360newb22

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Jul 14 2009, 08:10 PM) *

If its the xtractor with the fuse then you just need to replace the fuse.

It was the first gen I believe.  I got it when it first came out.  I am about to order a new one, so if anyone knows how to fix it that would be great because it will save me from buying a new one.  Thanks!

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure there's a guide for this, but you should be able to spot the blown trace (I believe this is usually what happens) and replace it with a wire.