xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite On Key Extraction  (Read 174 times)

eavaria

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:15:00 AM »

I'm actually not a noob, but sadly, i'm acting like one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

After several hours, i simply can't get my key.

I'm using nForce chip (Abit AN9 32X) and also have a Via PCI card so that shouldn't be the problem.
I'm using a homemade transistor kit with serial to usb adapter

I have PortI/O installed and JungleFlasher detects the drive, but says wrong serial data.

DosFlash32 keeps sending MTK but can't get into the correct status.

Can you please tell me what status should i get from DosFlash when accesing it?

I've done everything with the drive, and 0x52 is what i usually get after doing the pull the plug while closing trick.

Can anyone tell me what the status means, and which statuses should i get?

I've read that i need 0x73, but the only status that i can get are

0xD2 = no power
0xD1 - 0x51 = powered and locked
0x52 = Powered up after disconnecting while closing
0x80 = a small moment just when powered up before 0x52

MTK never reach the drive. I'm not 100% sure that my kit is working, but i've triple checked everything, including testing the transistor on a multimeter with transistor checking and everything seems OK. I would change it, but MTK intro not doing anything is what worries me right now.

Any help will do, i've read a lot and tried everything that i could think about.
Thanks

m3nd0za23

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(eavaria @ Jul 12 2009, 03:15 AM) *

I'm actually not a noob, but sadly, i'm acting like one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

After several hours, i simply can't get my key.

I'm using nForce chip (Abit AN9 32X) and also have a Via PCI card so that shouldn't be the problem.
I'm using a homemade transistor kit with serial to usb adapter

I have PortI/O installed and JungleFlasher detects the drive, but says wrong serial data.

DosFlash32 keeps sending MTK but can't get into the correct status.

Can you please tell me what status should i get from DosFlash when accesing it?

I've done everything with the drive, and 0x52 is what i usually get after doing the pull the plug while closing trick.

Can anyone tell me what the status means, and which statuses should i get?

I've read that i need 0x73, but the only status that i can get are

0xD2 = no power
0xD1 - 0x51 = powered and locked
0x52 = Powered up after disconnecting while closing
0x80 = a small moment just when powered up before 0x52

MTK never reach the drive. I'm not 100% sure that my kit is working, but i've triple checked everything, including testing the transistor on a multimeter with transistor checking and everything seems OK. I would change it, but MTK intro not doing anything is what worries me right now.

Any help will do, i've read a lot and tried everything that i could think about.
Thanks

Use CK3 with Probe. Read my tutorial also.

eavaria

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

Sell me one in Chile or find me a store that accepts chilean payment and ill gladly will.

Anyway, i need to get the "ready to read" status on the drive. Have read in some places that i need to turn off and on several times the drive from the ck3 till it gets the 0x72. if i put a switch in the open/close (or maybe in the power) cable from the xbox to the drive, will that help?

Thanks.

murdock2577

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(eavaria @ Jul 13 2009, 03:46 AM) *

Sell me one in Chile or find me a store that accepts chilean payment and ill gladly will.

Anyway, i need to get the "ready to read" status on the drive. Have read in some places that i need to turn off and on several times the drive from the ck3 till it gets the 0x72. if i put a switch in the open/close (or maybe in the power) cable from the xbox to the drive, will that help?

Thanks.

dude.... the 0x72 status its only for flashing....
you need to half tray power cycle the drive         on-half tray /off/ on with half tray open..
after that probe the r707    then hit get key....
after you have the key.. you can liteon erase the drive.. and get it in 0x72/73 status 4 flashing

eavaria

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 02:06:00 AM »

Thanks for the answer. Can you tell me which status is for reading the key?

As i posted earlier, i can't get into the DosFlash32 main screen cause it never gets a success sending the MTK intro.

Jungleflasher tries to read the probe, but with bad data error, i guess that the MTK is not working. I've done the power cycle a lot of times and always get 0x52 and DosFlash not advancing.

Any help will do. I've already tried buying extractors and no site accepts Chilean credit cards.

Thanks.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 02:14:00 AM »

try using, ck3tool.
It will give you a bit more of a hints whats going wrong.

then post up what it gives you.

murdock2577

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(eavaria @ Jul 13 2009, 11:06 AM) *

Thanks for the answer. Can you tell me which status is for reading the key?

As i posted earlier, i can't get into the DosFlash32 main screen cause it never gets a success sending the MTK intro.

Jungleflasher tries to read the probe, but with bad data error, i guess that the MTK is not working. I've done the power cycle a lot of times and always get 0x52 and DosFlash not advancing.

Any help will do. I've already tried buying extractors and no site accepts Chilean credit cards.

Thanks.

first of all you need to use the dvdkey 32 tab ...    for reading
the drive doesnt get into any status...   it just needs to be unlocked....      
so... power cycle the drive on-half tray /off/ on with half tray open           then hit get key... if the setup is corect.. it should work.. if not   maybe your spear is broken or something

prankster360

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(murdock2577 @ Jul 13 2009, 05:41 PM) *

first of all you need to use the dvdkey 32 tab ...    for reading
the drive doesnt get into any status...   it just needs to be unlocked....      
so... power cycle the drive on-half tray /off/ on with half tray open           then hit get key... if the setup is corect.. it should work.. if not   maybe your spear is broken or something

Might I add that if the OP is going to use jf for the task, it's a good idea to read the jungleflasher guide before you use the app, rather than try and guess your way thru it's functions?
Come on, Oggy spent alot of time writing the tut, it's fully comprehensive, do yourself a fave and read it!

eavaria

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »

nobody seems to be reading my posts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I can't get a kit cause I'm in Chile and the retailrs don't accept my credit cards or my paypal.

I've read the whole JF manual, I've flashed about 6 drives including benq, hitachi 79 and sammy.

JF did't work, so I went to DosFlash to try to access the drive and since DosFlash informs about the status of the drive, guessed that it could better for debugging the process.

Since i couldn't find the info on several hours of searching, I came here trying to get someone that knows about the DosFlash statuses.

When I open DosFlash it says that need to send the MTK itro to the drive. I press yes and power cycle the drive unpluging it from the xbox while closing, leaving the half tray open and plug it again, but DosFlash never reach the main screen. That's why i think the problem is not my probe.
Thanks for the answers.

OggyUK

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

No, you mis-understand.

You need to run DVDKey32 in JF, or, LiteOn K (?) in DosFlash to obtain the key.  LiteOn K might be erase for all I know, never used it

Although, I read you are using serial to usb, this wont work in DOS.

Im assuming these kits have probes/spears / a pointy bit.

Set half closed tray status, insert you pointy thing into the via above/below R707 (depending on orientation)

Open JF, DVDKey32 tab, Click "Get Key....."

Once this is read out 6 times and you are happy its a valid key.

Proceed with the tutorial.

This post has been edited by OggyUK: Jul 14 2009, 10:42 AM

prankster360

• Archived User
Lite On Key Extraction
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »

Ogs is right, if you are going to use your homemade serial adapter, you will need to alter it to connect via rs232 interface, the usb function will not work, you need an actual com port onboard to use it.
When you start dosflash, ignore the first mtk vendor intro request, I wrote a guide on dosflash and liteon way back when the liteon hacked firmware and jungleflasher were first released (to help peeps with the infamous liteon 'freeze' with via cards) it may be of some use to you (pdf)

CODE
http://prankster.freeserverhost.com/Xbox%20360/liteon_dosflash_tutorial_v1.02.pdf

This post has been edited by prankster360: Jul 15 2009, 05:55 AM