xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Liteon 74850c, Flashing Green Light, Constant Restarts  (Read 124 times)

Xinserz

• Archived User
Liteon 74850c, Flashing Green Light, Constant Restarts
« on: July 11, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »

Ok, So I have a Liteon 74850C A0A1 manufactured in oct 2008 and came in a refurbished 360.

My first liteon flash, ordered a USBxtractor for it. Take the 360 apart, follow the jungleflasher pdf. Have the drive powered through the 360 with metal to metal contact between my computer and 360 case. Had some minor issues, bad serial data a couple times but eventually figured out it wasn't in vendor mode. Finally get it in vendor mode, extract the dummy.bin from the drive and continue to flash it. Everything goes fine, unplug it and screw the liteon back together, pop it into the 360.

Now heres the issue. When I turn on the 360 it boots up fine, except the middle green light is always flashing unless the drive is open, then in that case the light is solid. Anytime I close the drive, the 360 will restart. I've tried reflashing it in jungleflasher, and have flashed it with dosflash16. I tried using a different power cable for the drive and a different sata cable for the drive (both from a working 360) and same thing. I completely took apart the liteon and put it back together and same thing. The drive shows no signs of burnt out traces or any type of damage at all. I have a spare 0078fk that I plug in and the middle light doesn't flash with that one. So I spoofed the 78fk with the liteon key and it works fine and plays retail and back ups fine.

I'm currently stuck and don't know what to do to try and fix it. Any help, please?

murdock2577

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xinserz @ Jul 11 2009, 11:09 AM) *

Ok, So I have a Liteon 74850C A0A1 manufactured in oct 2008 and came in a refurbished 360.

My first liteon flash, ordered a USBxtractor for it. Take the 360 apart, follow the jungleflasher pdf. Have the drive powered through the 360 with metal to metal contact between my computer and 360 case. Had some minor issues, bad serial data a couple times but eventually figured out it wasn't in vendor mode. Finally get it in vendor mode, extract the dummy.bin from the drive and continue to flash it. Everything goes fine, unplug it and screw the liteon back together, pop it into the 360.

Now heres the issue. When I turn on the 360 it boots up fine, except the middle green light is always flashing unless the drive is open, then in that case the light is solid. Anytime I close the drive, the 360 will restart. I've tried reflashing it in jungleflasher, and have flashed it with dosflash16. I tried using a different power cable for the drive and a different sata cable for the drive (both from a working 360) and same thing. I completely took apart the liteon and put it back together and same thing. The drive shows no signs of burnt out traces or any type of damage at all. I have a spare 0078fk that I plug in and the middle light doesn't flash with that one. So I spoofed the 78fk with the liteon key and it works fine and plays retail and back ups fine.

I'm currently stuck and don't know what to do to try and fix it. Any help, please?

first of all .....liteons don`t go in vendor mode when reading..  only when flashing....
try a different firmware...      ix 1.5.1 ori 1.5    see how that goes..           other than that it looks like a bad flash

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

Make sure your flashing the iXtreme 1.6 REPACK  to the drive, also make sure your not flashing iXtreme Liteon 0800 FW to it.

Xinserz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 02:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(murdock2577 @ Jul 11 2009, 06:17 AM) *

first of all .....liteons don`t go in vendor mode when reading..  only when flashing....
try a different firmware...      ix 1.5.1 ori 1.5    see how that goes..           other than that it looks like a bad flash

Sorry, meant half open trey status. I've tried flashing it with ix1.5, 1.51, and 1.6 repack using the liteon 74850 FW and not the 0800 FW. All of them result in the same thing. I'm using dosflash and using l-o-eras to erase the drive and put it into ff72 status. Says it erases and writes the new firmware fine. I've been making all my firmware with jungleflasher and the key is correct since it works on the spoofed 78fk drive. Aslong as the 360 sata cable is plugged in though, the 360 will restart anytime the trey is closed.

This post has been edited by Xinserz: Jul 12 2009, 09:48 AM

Xinserz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Update: When I extracted the key, I followed the JF tutorial in which it says to get one dummy.bin. I load that dummy.bin and have spoofed all that info into x1.5, 1.51, and 1.6 repack using JF. Each time it results in the drive doing this. I even just tried flashing the dummy.bin to the drive and that resulted in the drive showing brick like symptoms where it not longer responsed/opened. I then tried flashing it again with 1.5 and the same flashing light and restarting the 360 everytime the trey is closed. I even tried using FW toolbox but that doesn't read the dummy.bin properly and doesn't even show the key.

murdock2577

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 02:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Xinserz @ Jul 13 2009, 03:45 AM) *

Update: When I extracted the key, I followed the JF tutorial in which it says to get one dummy.bin. I load that dummy.bin and have spoofed all that info into x1.5, 1.51, and 1.6 repack using JF. Each time it results in the drive doing this. I even just tried flashing the dummy.bin to the drive and that resulted in the drive showing brick like symptoms where it not longer responsed/opened. I then tried flashing it again with 1.5 and the same flashing light and restarting the 360 everytime the trey is closed. I even tried using FW toolbox but that doesn't read the dummy.bin properly and doesn't even show the key.

are you sure the key is good?... maybe there some info missing there..

Xinserz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(murdock2577 @ Jul 13 2009, 03:01 AM) *

are you sure the key is good?... maybe there some info missing there..

What could be missing? I've spoofed a 78fk and it works fine in this console and plays backups. Would that not mean the key is working?

Xinserz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

I think I'm pretty much giving up on this. I'll just stick the spoofed Hitachi in there and use the lite-on as a spare/test drive for future liteons.

Now one last question. In the process of using the USB Xtractor, after 10 mins of use the plastic started burning and the xtractor got really hot. I've already got an RMA coming but do you think having a "defective" USB xtractor would have given me a semi bad key? Meaning enough of the data to spoof a hitachi but not enough to reflash the liteon?