xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: LiteOn 83850c Solution  (Read 2377 times)

Iriez

• Administrator
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(g8crapachino @ Jul 9 2009, 11:21 PM) View Post

The thing is they already announce that the firmware has been dumped.  That was stupid.   There's nothing to stop Microsoft from continuing to make changes thus making whatever Team HyperX has irrelevant.

No, your assumption that vendor's are not already working on new securities is 'stupid'. Your assumption that LiteOn/MTK knows precisely how we achieved our progress is also 'stupid'. There are a thousand and one way's to attack a problem, and until we reveal information (not likely, most of the valuable data from the original liteon hack is NOT public) we can wave whatever flag we want for the world to see, and they cannot do anything about it.

Or do you think that corporations are going to go "OMG, HACKERS ANNOUNCED HACK? WE MUST SCOURGE OUR CODE. SCOURGE! FIND ALL HOLES. A FORUM SAID SO!"

Its children who do not understand the business structure who think this way. These are businesses, not hobby hacking groups releasing hardware to microsoft.

I cleaned up all the trash on the thread. Your trollish behavior's are not welcomed here. Those who seek to battle the trolls wont be punished, but your publishings will not be publicized.

Skinzaholic

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(dbldown768 @ Jul 10 2009, 08:32 AM) *

So where am I least likey to get this model drive from?
    * Newegg is listing 360s with the 512 mb (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105018). I'm guessing this would ensure that I get the latest hardware.
        * Or, dell has an arcade that I can get for $180 with taxes - the problem here is I do not know what version arcade I will get.

I just ordered the arcade unit from Dell last week and it is the 512mb version. I have not had a chance to open it up yet to see what drive it has in it though. Kinda figured I should go ahead and use it a week or so as is just to make sure it is all working out properly before I should open it up. I can let you know as soon as I find out which drive it is.

g8crapachino

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Iriez @ Jul 10 2009, 02:40 PM) View Post

No, your assumption that vendor's are not already working on new securities is 'stupid'. Your assumption that LiteOn/MTK knows precisely how we achieved our progress is also 'stupid'. There are a thousand and one way's to attack a problem, and until we reveal information (not likely, most of the valuable data from the original liteon hack is NOT public) we can wave whatever flag we want for the world to see, and they cannot do anything about it.

Or do you think that corporations are going to go "OMG, HACKERS ANNOUNCED HACK? WE MUST SCOURGE OUR CODE. SCOURGE! FIND ALL HOLES. A FORUM SAID SO!"

Its children who do not understand the business structure who think this way. These are businesses, not hobby hacking groups releasing hardware to microsoft.

I cleaned up all the trash on the thread. Your trollish behavior's are not welcomed here. Those who seek to battle the trolls wont be punished, but your publishings will not be publicized.

Oh Please.   You really think you know what happens in the office at Microsoft?   You are making assuming just as much as you accuse me of it.  How arrogant can anyone get?   Drop the ego and just think.

(Yeah I know, you'll probable ban me and erase this post.   Your ego probable couldn't do otherwise.)

BoNg420

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(Skinzaholic @ Jul 10 2009, 11:02 AM) View Post

I just ordered the arcade unit from Dell last week and it is the 512mb version. I have not had a chance to open it up yet to see what drive it has in it though. Kinda figured I should go ahead and use it a week or so as is just to make sure it is all working out properly before I should open it up. I can let you know as soon as I find out which drive it is.

If it was made after may 2009 then you have a chance probably, most likely if its made in June 2009 to get this drive since these drives have a May 2009 manufacture date and they might of taken longer to get them and not put them in May 2009 boxes but June 2009 boxes.

RRODXbox

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

I just hope we dont have to purchase new extractors for this, Well. I need a new one but it's not the point.

Thinking about it, since the regular key extraction points do not work anymore where the hell is the key going to come from?

(I don't expect the "in the know" to answer.I'm just speculating smile.gif)

brain27

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

im so thrilled to know that Team HyperX are on the job.  laugh.gif  
Not long before they crack it. but till then i'll have to be patient. hooray for Team HyperX

dbldown768

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »

so how frequently are people receiving these new liteOns in the US from retailers?

hvm

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »

That's good news.

I got mine a few days ago @ the mediamarkt in holland. The MFD was 26 may 09. I checked the MFD on other xboxes there (you can see it through the packaging) and all of them were from that date. When I went back next day to try and get my money back (which didn't work) most of them were gone. So I think we'll be seeing alot more of these in short notice.

Iriez

• Administrator
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(g8crapachino @ Jul 10 2009, 10:42 AM) View Post

Oh Please.   You really think you know what happens in the office at Microsoft?   You are making assuming just as much as you accuse me of it.  How arrogant can anyone get?   Drop the ego and just think.

(Yeah I know, you'll probable ban me and erase this post.   Your ego probable couldn't do otherwise.)

My "ego" is quite under control, thank you.

Your ignorance precedes you. This has nothing to do with microsoft. But to answer your falsely placed assumption, yes, I do infact know of some goings within Microsoft.

It is not Microsoft we speak of though.

I am only responding to you to prevent more trolls from swarming the thread. Please understand that the information im sharing with you is insightful. Read, and learn a little instead of thinking inside your tiny box.

The vendor's that supply Microsoft with hardware are under contract. They win bids, in accordance to specifications to provide X. In this scenario, LiteOn has won a contract with microsoft to provide optical media. They are under contract to provide securities for the hardware outside of the norm. For this, they work very closely with MTK to provide technologies (hardware/software) that are secure.

While Microsoft is certainly part of the process, it is not nearly as much as you (and likely the rest of the world) thinks.

How do you (and by you, i mean most of the 'innocents' here) think that we defeat these technologies?

Team HyperX is not comprised of dungeon nerds who trade off between assembly and world of warcraft in all of their spare time. No, the majority of members are *industry* professionals, who work dilligently in their spare time between work and family. I will make no claims of who works for what. I will not say anyone is a 'insider'.

Rome was not defeated by the enemy if you will recall.Well, these technologies require people familiar with the technology.

People involved with the technology understand how technology is implemented, both in theory and infrastructure. This is not only technology, it is BUSINESS. Most professionals who are not involved in this scene, but have a firm grasp of *business* would be able to surmise the actions of MTK/LiteOn aswell as anyone with firm knowledge. It is common sense when you familiarize yourself with it.

Strategy is not difficult to ascertain in this industry. We knew what the next wave of hardware would contain. We surmised what they would attempt to block before the LiteOn ixtreme was even public. Such is the way of professionals who understand the industry.

Now, i would appreciate if you, or anyone else who thinks they are king of the mountain, step down a little and not throw your ignorant trash at this thread. It is not me who has the ego issue, but you, and your like to presume you know the goings of things that you obviously dont have a clue about. Of course, if you persist, I WILL delete your posts, but for the plain reason that your trash does not belong in this thread, and nothing else.

zickZackMann

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

I just need to say: I salute team HyperX and all soldiers involved in the development process. The world sure would suck a whole lot more without you.

ALL HAIL HyperX!

Daitron

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »

Sorry for my poor English.

First of all thanks to HyperText Team for the work they do.

I bought my Xbox in the day 24/06/2009 www.Game.es directly and I came with this firmware. So please make public the instructions to modify my Xbox.

These are the data on my xbox
Lote: 0910X
Date: 2009-03-06
Serial: 125051791XXX

Thanks.

I hope HyperText make public the steps soon

RRODXbox

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »

Dont get your hopes up, I would expect at least a month wait. maybe more.

This post has been edited by RRODXbox: Jul 10 2009, 09:40 PM

Daitron

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »

First sorry for my poor english...

a month? WTF ...

but they have the solution, which is the reason / explanation for not giving us the right solution?

They were waiting to Microsoft begin selling directly to this firmware, and are already doing, as they said when this happened would give us the solution or not???

Thanks anyway...

xbox360sexual

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »

If they release the hack now while there are very few drives in circulation, and microsoft patch it, then that will have been a lot of effort for not much.

Waiting FTW

shai12

• Archived User
LiteOn 83850c Solution
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Daitron @ Jul 10 2009, 07:23 PM) View Post

Sorry for my poor English.

First of all thanks to HyperText Team for the work they do.

I bought my Xbox in the day 24/06/2009 www.Game.es directly and I came with this firmware. So please make public the instructions to modify my Xbox.
These are the data on my xbox
Lote: 0910X
Date: 2009-03-06
Serial: 125051791XXX

Thanks.

I hope HyperText make public the steps soon

That date you have there is it June or March 2009 mfr date?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20