xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on Erase Power Cycle With Xbox 360 As Power Source  (Read 51 times)

Xboxno0b

• Archived User
Lite-on Erase Power Cycle With Xbox 360 As Power Source
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

Has anyone tried?

Bravo1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

I flashed my Lite-On from 1.51 to 1.6 by just powercycling the 360 and not using any extractor.

No0B

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Yes it is, but u need to unplug and plug the drive's power cable NOT the xbox's one. The drive's power cable is the one that's next to the sata cable for the drive. U gotta have someone to click yes for u cos u need to unplug the power cable and plug it back in within a sec or it won't work. Make sure u plug it the right way. If u don't get it the first time, try again, but i suggest u to get someone to click yes for u lol. Otherwise u r gonna have a hard time.

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(No0B @ Jul 2 2009, 07:37 PM) View Post

Yes it is, but u need to unplug and plug the drive's power cable NOT the xbox's one. The drive's power cable is the one that's next to the sata cable for the drive. U gotta have someone to click yes for u cos u need to unplug the power cable and plug it back in within a sec or it won't work. Make sure u plug it the right way. If u don't get it the first time, try again, but i suggest u to get someone to click yes for u lol. Otherwise u r gonna have a hard time.

idk wat u mean saying it needs to be within a second. ive taken my sweet time with it, always powering from the 360, and it always works.

Datenshiz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

well, from my experience i just power cycle it as fast as i can, meaning not faster then the xbox allows me to which is beyond 1 sec. Ive successfully flashed 4 times so far with the power button and i doubt it'll cause issues.