xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Restore Spoofed Hitachi From V78 To V47  (Read 112 times)

raddav

• Archived User
Restore Spoofed Hitachi From V78 To V47
« on: June 26, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »

I am trying to restore a Hitachi drive from a v78 spoof back to it's original v47 state. I am trying to use jungle flasher with a SATA to USB kit powered by a team xecuter connectivity kit. The drive shows up in windows and I can see it in jungle flasher but when I try to do a restore it fails to dump the firmware and locks up. The drive appears to be in mode b because it takes two pushes to open & close the drive.

I have trie Maximus 4.6 toolbox as well and that locks up when try to do a restore. I can dump the firmware in maximus so can't understand what's wrong, is it the USB or is there something wrong with the drive????

Is it not really in Mode B, I send the USmodeB command from jungle flasher and it seems to have taken the command. Shoulds I not have the toggle switch turned on to mode B on the connectivity board when I plug in the drive to windows?

Also Jungle flasher picks the V78 drive option and raw mode for the restore command as it is spoofed as a v78, is this correct or should I use v47 and mode select.

Thanks for any help in advance

hardie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »

make sure you have the firmware pack in the firmware folder in JF

Mason2214

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(raddav @ Jun 27 2009, 03:29 AM) *

I am trying to restore a Hitachi drive from a v78 spoof back to it's original v47 state. I am trying to use jungle flasher with a SATA to USB kit powered by a team xecuter connectivity kit. The drive shows up in windows and I can see it in jungle flasher but when I try to do a restore it fails to dump the firmware and locks up. The drive appears to be in mode b because it takes two pushes to open & close the drive.

I have trie Maximus 4.6 toolbox as well and that locks up when try to do a restore. I can dump the firmware in maximus so can't understand what's wrong, is it the USB or is there something wrong with the drive????

Is it not really in Mode B, I send the USmodeB command from jungle flasher and it seems to have taken the command. Shoulds I not have the toggle switch turned on to mode B on the connectivity board when I plug in the drive to windows?

Also Jungle flasher picks the V78 drive option and raw mode for the restore command as it is spoofed as a v78, is this correct or should I use v47 and mode select.

Thanks for any help in advance

Hi

I had the same problem yesterday.  U need to send mode b to drive then it has to be dumped as a 47 drive with ram upload and should then work no problems,

raddav

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:42:00 AM »

Checked I have the firmware in the JF folder but I read somewhere it should be where the JF .exe is? What should the original firmware be called, Hit-47 or orig47, what does JF look for? I am using my original v47 backup in the JF folder at the moment

Just tried it on v47 with ram upload, got this report in jungle flasher

Restoring Stock f/w to Hitachi 0046/0047 by Ram Upload Method via WIN32 API
UnLocked!
Dumping Flash:Ram Upload Dump Failed

This post has been edited by raddav: Jun 27 2009, 09:59 AM

boneym

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:00:00 AM »

download jungleusb v0.1 drivers install them as per the read me file contained within the download, now use usmodb command in jungleflasher, should show up in jungleflasher ,now dump drive to establish things are working, you cant brick just dumping ,but you can restoring or flashing.

raddav

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:23:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice but the jungle drivers are installed already and jungle flasher see's the drive fine. I'm wondering if I need to send the Usb mode as it appears to be in mode b anyway because I am using the xecuter connectivity v2 kit. The reason I think it is mode b is because it shows up in the drive drop down menu straight away without sending the usb mode command and it takes 2 eject presses to open or close the tray.

Never had this kind of problem before, just jungle flasher.

boneym

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(raddav @ Jun 27 2009, 11:23 AM) *

Thanks for the advice but the jungle drivers are installed already and jungle flasher see's the drive fine. I'm wondering if I need to send the Usb mode as it appears to be in mode b anyway because I am using the xecuter connectivity v2 kit. The reason I think it is mode b is because it shows up in the drive drop down menu straight away without sending the usb mode command and it takes 2 eject presses to open or close the tray.

Never had this kind of problem before, just jungle flasher.
well if you are sure jungleusb drivers are installed correctly and are showing in device manager, then it maybe your usb to sata kit,3 in 1 are terrible for not working ,the ones that the jungleteam used when testing were bridge type usb2 to esata then you will need a esata to sata lead, thats what i used , i tried 3 in 1 job and had ram upload failed problems with a 47 and 79 , yet moved to bridge type and worked like a charm. the whole point of the jungleusb drivers the it shows up in mode A , but will only be dumped or flashed in mode B.If you are using jungleflasher the let jf put in in mode b,just use your kit purely for powering up the drive.

Traviss63

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »

Is the light on the CK2 Red or Blue?

This post has been edited by Traviss63: Jun 27 2009, 06:59 PM

raddav

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »

Red and it takes 2 presses of the eject button to open or close.

I am just trying it plugged into my sata connection on the board to see if that works as it did before with maximus on my v78 and slax 2. It has shown up in the drop down menu.

If I do a restore to check, should I pick v47 and raw mode if it is spoofed to a v78?

Is 1.51 the latest firmware for the Hitachi still at the moment

This post has been edited by raddav: Jun 27 2009, 09:42 PM

turny

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(raddav @ Jun 27 2009, 09:31 PM) *

Red and it takes 2 presses of the eject button to open or close.

I am just trying it plugged into my sata connection on the board to see if that works as it did before with maximus on my v78 and slax 2. It has shown up in the drop down menu.

If I do a restore to check, should I pick v47 and raw mode if it is spoofed to a v78?

Is 1.51 the latest firmware for the Hitachi still at the moment
FACEPALM

raddav

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »

Is that a technical term Turny?

Well I reckon it's Jungle flasher with my setup because everything seems to be working in maximus 4.8 toolbox, I can dump the drive and it looks like it will do a restore.

If I restore a spoofed v47 as v78 with Maximus toolbox will it know to restore it to a v47 automatically or do I have to un spoof it first?

xtrilla

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »

Any luck on this ?  I'm trying to do the same thing but with a 46 drive spoofed as 47. I need to restore it to original.

raddav

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »

Xtrilla,

I dumped JF and went back to Maximus 4.8 Toolbox and used the restore function in that (not classic mode as the hack confuses it). Picked my original v47 FW to restore. All went well, now xtreme 1.51 and spoofed to v78 again all with maximus. JF just didn't want to work for me with usb or sata.

turny

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(raddav @ Jun 28 2009, 10:59 PM) *

Xtrilla,

I dumped JF and went back to Maximus 4.8 Toolbox and used the restore function in that (not classic mode as the hack confuses it). Picked my original v47 FW to restore. All went well, now xtreme 1.51 and spoofed to v78 again all with maximus. JF just didn't want to work for me with usb or sata.
glad you got sorted but you never said what usb to sata hardware you were trying to use.I use usb to sata  for hitachi no problems at all .

xtrilla

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »

Thanks raddav I got mine restored also.
I used jungle flasher and did the
1.) "differential flash > restore" it returned my drive to its original 46dj firmware.
2.) Then loaded 46 Xtreme 1.51 copied my key over clicked save key and I chose
3.) differential flash patch left it on the default  *internal flasher. That went fine.
4.)Then I dumped the drive again opened it and chose "spoof firmware" chose my version to report as (47) left everything else default and hit ok. Then I did step Number 3 again. To flash the spoof.

I wrote this all out so I don't forget it and maybe it will help someone. I couldn't find any help on this with the exception of this thread. I did google for a while I just didn't want to brick the drive. I wanted to make sure i did it right.

* ((I got a error the first time using the "46 flash" and i thought i bricked it its said couldn't verify sector 330000 something along those lines so i just redid everything))