xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on Reflash Issue With Jf 162  (Read 30 times)

mikearama

• Archived User
Lite-on Reflash Issue With Jf 162
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »

I now have three Lite-Ons here... all were previously flashed with 1.4.1

For all three drives, when connected to my system (maximus 360connector), the pointer cursor flashes a small disc icon... the first indication of a problem.  

Next, JF 162 takes far longer to load up... second indication.

I can read the drive key fine... save the inq/id/key files without issue.  When I try to save the dummy.bin, I get an error popup with this text:

Dummy.bin is missing some drive specific information.  

You can rebuild the serial info if you have the original drive available.  Double click the serial data to launch the Serial re-build applet.

Do you wish to proceed anyway?

Selecting NO stops the process... selecting YES allows me to continue.  In the dvdkey page, I can load the Dummy file (again, I'm prompted to abort or continue), I can load the targer liteon16 firmware, and I can copy the key to the target.

However, I am, at this point, afraid to continue, knowing full well that something's wrong/missing.  According to the log file, everything is fine until this part:

Loading target file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\iX16_LiteOn\ix16-liteon-repack.bin

Target File MD5 hash is:  c3a17c9726f4be3cc3e597797caba7f9
Genuine Lite-On iXtreme 1.6
Inquiry area found
Current DVD key is 55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA
Firmware is a Lite-On encrypted iXtreme OSIG: PLDS    DG-16D2S        7485
Firmware type is: iXtreme v1.60-12X-FINAL-DG-16D2S
DVD Key copied to target
Inquiry string copied from Source to Target
Identify string copied from Source to Target
Serial strings copied from Source to Target

Source Serial 1 is blank, target not changed !
Source Serial 2 is blank, target not changed !

Target f/w saved as: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\2\16.bin

I figured I had a problematic 360connector and was just about to order another when I received two new 360's yesterday.  Both flashed perfectly with this same setup.  I'm at a loss.  Any insights appreciated.

Mike

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

It's a common problem and it has nothing to do with your setup.  Check the hardware revision number and it should say A0A2.  You can manually fix the missing info but it's a pain because you have to take the PCB out.  I think developers are aware of the issue and working on a fix.

ghaladream

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »

Wow.. you really need to stop giving people advice lord^infamous...

All you need to do is use JungleFlasher to manually enter the Drive's serial listed on the sticker on the top of the drive, that's what I've been doing for A0A2's and it works great. I've never heard of removing the PCB from the drive.

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

yeah. there are 3 stickers located on various sections inside the dvd drive that you need to read. if check "advanced view" in the dvdkey32 tab of jf with ur dummy.bin loaded, go to the drive serial tab, and double click in the text box with all of the data, a window will come up with instructions on where each of the keys is.

PS: the problem is because u used an older version of dosflash/dvdkey/jf to read the original key. it didnt get all of the correct information. this problem has been fixed in newer revisions of these programs, but anyone who used the older version must do this method to complete their key data.

This post has been edited by TheDemonIII: Jun 26 2009, 06:57 PM