xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Digit 17 Of Drive Serial Different Than Label On Certain Liteon's  (Read 64 times)

Nightbird

• Archived User

I have noticed on a couple of Liteon's whose 17 digit drive serial ends in "C" gets reproduced as a "0" (zero) after extraction. I have one drive whose last three digits end in "LCC" and another whose ends in "NTC" and both are reproduced as "LC0" and "NT0" respectively. I also have another drive whose last digits are "0AU" and this is reproduced correctly so I know there isn't a problem with my extractor. I have tried extracting different ways. I have used the Serial port and USB, Jungleflasher and DVDkey in pure DOS but all produce the "C" as a "0". I have left the serial number ending in "0" as "0" on these drives and not changed them to a "C" in the jungleflasher serial rebuild applet. Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?
I thought it was worth bringing up because if folk are rebuilding the serials entirely from drive labels, should they be using "0" instead of "C" for digit 17?

This post has been edited by Nightbird: Jun 26 2009, 03:11 AM

ghaladream

• Archived User
Digit 17 Of Drive Serial Different Than Label On Certain Liteon's
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »

I'm wondering the same thing. I have an A0A2 Lite-On I need to flash, and the serial ends with C.

Traviss63

• Archived User
Digit 17 Of Drive Serial Different Than Label On Certain Liteon's
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »

It should always end in either 1 or 0.