xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Needed With Hitachi 46 Drive And Jungle Flasher  (Read 26 times)

Dave!

• Archived User
Help Needed With Hitachi 46 Drive And Jungle Flasher
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

So basically I just got this PCMCIA Card in the mail today, after reading over the manuals and stuff many times Very Happy

My problem is that JF will not detect the drive. It will show up with the drive's properties on the top left of the hitachi tab. (This is after I realized I need to have Port I/O installed.)

I have the drivers installed for the PCMCIA card that came with it on a mini-cd.

What I do is turn on the 360, and then open up JF. It shows up in the top left of the Hitachi tab, so I click Mode B. It then displays the message about me opening/closing after 15 seconds etc.

When I do that, it still says "No Hitachi Drive Was Found!" after scanning for hardware updates. I am able to open/close the drive with the buttons in the JF program after it is "successfully sent to Mode B," though where before sending to Mode B this will not work at all.

It just seems like it won't see that the drive has been sent to Mode B. When I click refresh in the top right it still won't show up. I can't do anything because JF doesn't realize it is in Mode B, I think.

I can only use the Win API mode in the Hitachi tab, the Port IO one is grayed out, if that is any help.

I can't figure out whether this is a real issue or I am just freaking retarded.

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks!

boneym

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dave! @ Jun 25 2009, 09:28 PM) *

So basically I just got this PCMCIA Card in the mail today, after reading over the manuals and stuff many times Very Happy

My problem is that JF will not detect the drive. It will show up with the drive's properties on the top left of the hitachi tab. (This is after I realized I need to have Port I/O installed.)

I have the drivers installed for the PCMCIA card that came with it on a mini-cd.

What I do is turn on the 360, and then open up JF. It shows up in the top left of the Hitachi tab, so I click Mode B. It then displays the message about me opening/closing after 15 seconds etc.

When I do that, it still says "No Hitachi Drive Was Found!" after scanning for hardware updates. I am able to open/close the drive with the buttons in the JF program after it is "successfully sent to Mode B," though where before sending to Mode B this will not work at all.

It just seems like it won't see that the drive has been sent to Mode B. When I click refresh in the top right it still won't show up. I can't do anything because JF doesn't realize it is in Mode B, I think.

I can only use the Win API mode in the Hitachi tab, the Port IO one is grayed out, if that is any help.

I can't figure out whether this is a real issue or I am just freaking retarded.

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks!

hitachi pcmcia , i could never get it to work, I am sure thats why the jungleteam developed hitachi with usb you may have to use usb to sata adapter and usmodb in jungleflasher with jungleusb drivers installed.

Dave!

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(boneym @ Jun 25 2009, 05:55 PM) *

hitachi pcmcia , i could never get it to work, I am sure thats why the jungleteam developed hitachi with usb you may have to use usb to sata adapter and usmodb in jungleflasher with jungleusb drivers installed.

Damn (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of this before getting one, looks like I'll have to look into a USB thing then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

I have having similar problems. why even bother with JF. its a pos that never actually worked for me(sorry no offense). wish someone released the old school way of doing hitachi drives. you know..with the flash bat. open that, type drive letter, done.

is there a way to flash pre 78/79 drives without using JF?

This post has been edited by SNAAAKE: Jun 27 2009, 10:56 PM

turny

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Jun 27 2009, 10:48 PM) *

I have having similar problems. why even bother with JF. its a pos that never actually worked for me(sorry no offense). wish someone released the old school way of doing hitachi drives. you know..with the flash bat. open that, type drive letter, done.

is there a way to flash pre 78/79 drives without using JF?
snaaake usb to sata utilising jungleflasher is a joy to use ,its worth all the effort to get it working ,if you get it working correctly you can flash all hitachi .the main problem is that ppl think you can use any usb to sata adaptor, this is not the case, the best was tested by the jungleteam and was a usb2 to esata bridge type adapter then using a esata to sata cable using jungleusb drivers.I use jungleflasher to flash all drives using a desktop and the same using a laptop.

This post has been edited by turny: Jun 27 2009, 11:38 PM