xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Liteon Help  (Read 38 times)

alamski

• Archived User
Liteon Help
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

Evening guys, have come across this Liteon drive and cannot seem to get backups working on it.  My method of flashing a liteon drive is to use JF  (i have CK3 Pro) extract the key.  Make my firmware in JF, erase it in JF, then boot up in usb using iprep and flit serial number and write modded firmware.  What is happening is that the xbox boots up to the dashboard however, I have tried almost every game and not a single one works.  I get the screen "To play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console".  Correct me if I am wrong but if the drive key was incorrect, it wouldn't boot to the dashboard, so If the key is fine, what could it be.  I have JF log if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Alam

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
Liteon Help
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

with the wrong key, the dashboard would load. you would get the same exact problem that you are having. if you used jf the chance of you having the wrong key is very low as it extracts like 5 times to make sure its the same. you probly didnt copy the key over correctly, if you still have your dummy.bin just remake the ixtreme.

alamski

• Archived User
Liteon Help
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »

Thanks for the swift response demon, the drive was flashed with ixtreme 1.5, I didn't use the probe method, used the dummy from ixtreme.  This is the log file:

Loading Source File C:\360flash\Backups\4703124\84105\Dummy.bin
Inquiry string found
Identify string found
DVD key found @ 0xA030 key is "REMOVED"
Firmware is a Lite-On Dummy OSIG: PLDS    DG-16D2S        7485
Firmware spoofed as: PLDS    DG-16 2S        7485
Firmware type is:  -2? : w   kf  fJ              

Auto-Loading target file C:\360flash\JungleFlasher v0.1.62 Beta\firmware\ix16-liteon.bin
Target File MD5 hash is:  c3a17c9726f4be3cc3e597797caba7f9
Genuine Lite-On iXtreme 1.6
Inquiry area found
Current DVD key is 55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA55AA
Firmware is a Lite-On encrypted iXtreme OSIG: PLDS    DG-16D2S        7485
Firmware type is: iXtreme v1.60-12X-FINAL-DG-16D2S
DVD Key copied to target
Inquiry string copied from Source to Target
Identify string copied from Source to Target
Spoofing of encrypted ID strings failed
Serial strings copied from Source to Target
Target spoofed as: PLDS    DG-16 2S        7485

I was wondering, the line spoofing of encrypted ID strings failed, would that have something to do with it.  Also firmware type something doesnt seem right to me.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
Liteon Help
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »

Your not using the liteon repack fw.

alamski

• Archived User
Liteon Help
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

Got it sorted at the end but after a lot of headache, yes you are right i did use the 1.6 first release and not the repack, however that wasn't the problem.  When I extracted the keys, it wasn't extracted correctly, a few digits were incorrect.  I am pretty sure there cable's were in all the way.  Where you see firmware type, it should say ixtreme 1.5, now i would like to give the benefit of the doubt to JF as I have been using it for a while and have not had any problems and i think basically the cable from the ck3 pro to the drive wasn't in all the way, hence some were correct others weren't.  Found the original firmware on my system later and retreived the info from there, the lads who replied, thanks for your help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif).

Alam