xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on Oops! Flashing Green Center Light Now.  (Read 79 times)

Faluke

• Archived User
Lite-on Oops! Flashing Green Center Light Now.
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »

I'm not sure what happened here but I went to read and flash a lite-on (done dozens of them) and when I first turned on the xbox it waited a sec and gave RROD. I turned off the xbox and powered it back up. No RROD but the liteon drive won't eject and the middle green light just flashes quickly. Can't read the firmware or dump or anything in jungleflasher. I plugged in a spare Lite-on that I had to see if it was the drive or the box. The spare ejected just fine with no flashing middle green light. Of course I won't be able to use that drive unless I can first get the key off the other drive.

I thought maybe it was the motor or something on the drive so I took the pcb off the working drive and replaced with the pcb from the nonworking original lite-on. Same thing, flashing green middle light and no eject.

Any ideas on how to get the key off the original so I can use my spare lite-on?

By the way, I'm using Vista 32 and a homemade  serial adapter with a via sata card.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »

Is it possible you plugged power into lite-on upside down?
Check the lite-on circuit board carefully for burnt out traces.

Teelu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

this happend to me not to long ago...my problem was a loose connection...i just unplugged everything...and then reconnected it making sure everyhting looked normal....i know you switched ur drive so mayb try to firmly force the wires in...the power wire was what cuased it for me

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

If you have the key to the drive you can recover it with Lo-er-as or however they spell it, anyways there is a sticky about it. If no key then you my friend have a expensive door stop.

If you have the key to the drive you can recover it with Lo-er-as or however they spell it, anyways there is a sticky about it. If no key then you my friend have a expensive door stop.

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »

I've double and triple checked all the connections and they are all in their nice and tight. I don't think I plugged it in upside down. I've done enough hopefully to NOT make that mistake. I did look at the lite-on circuit board and didn't see any burnt traces.

I haven't had the chance to read the key yet so NO I don't have the key yet.

dayvey

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »

I say it's a connection issue, have you checked the ther end of the 2 leads where the plug onto the mobo?

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

Try dosflash if that don't work then you got a dead drive.

Swap the pcb boards around and see if you can eject the drive and all that shit that way. If not then you know its the PCB thats bad n you got a dead drive

This post has been edited by vb_encryption_vb: Jun 25 2009, 10:14 PM

TheDemonIII

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »

the light usually flashes when the tray is trying to eject / is halfway open. my best guess is its just sorta... confused. if you open the drive you can use the manual eject lever on the bottom. open and close it with that and see if that does anything.

This post has been edited by TheDemonIII: Jun 25 2009, 10:14 PM

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

I've checked the connections on both ends. its connected well

I've swapped the PCB's and the problem follows the orginal PCB

I've manually ejected the drive and I can't get it to respond to eject commands by pressing the eject button. Won't move the tray at all.

Is there some method for extracting the key when the drive is stuck like this? I'll try dosflash when I get home and see what I can come up with.

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

One last thought. I've removed actual firmware chips on Sammy's before and swapped them when the PCB's are bad. Can this be done on a Lite-on?  I have a working Lite-on drive that works in this xbox (well it ejects, it wont read discs because missing hacked firmware with key) and if I swap the chips I should be able to extract the key and flash right?

I can see some white epoxy surrounding a chip. Is this the firmware chip that I should swap?

run187

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

is it in vendor mode that could explain the not ejecting i doubt you could swap the fw chip without some acid
shove the drive in jf see what it comes up with ,i dont think vista 32 works well with drive dumping i could be wrong mind

This post has been edited by run187: Jun 26 2009, 08:36 PM

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(run187 @ Jun 26 2009, 12:35 PM) *

...shove the drive in jf see what it comes up with...

what do you mean shove the drive in jf? I can't get the drive to dump the firmware in Jungle Flasher if that's what you mean. It recognizes the command but it says bad serial data.

pogi1100

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »

Have you tried checking the connections inside the Lite-on drive itself? There could be a loose connection.

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »

Yeah I checked that stuff. I think the PCB is hosed so I attempted to remove the chip and swap it over to the working PCB. I've done this before successfully but made some mistakes and messed up the process so I'm officially screwed. Looks like I have a spare xbox for parts only.

Thanks everyone for all your help. This thread can be closed

This post has been edited by Faluke: Jun 29 2009, 06:00 PM