xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 13 On Retail Bios  (Read 100 times)

OcnewB

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« on: August 10, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

Please next time use the search or read the pinned topics. This has been answered a million times.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=167408

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

I have the same problem.   I just modded a 1.4 and used a BRAND new autoinstaller that has the latest MS Dash.
You will notice that if you go to the MS dash with your modchip on you won't have a problem.

It's only when you turn the modchip off.  This of course doesn't help you if you want to go to xbox live.

I have updated the MS Dash to version 5969 and there's no joy.

The pinned topic that was thrown in your face may help.  However, there is only one solution that the person offered and other suggestions I am sure would be welcomed.

Hey OcnewB....if typing is too hard for you, then don't reply.  When people ask for help, how about helping!!

I have looked through the newbie posts and several pages of other posts.  I have used the search feature and have found DI*K.  I thought this was a forum for help, not answers that are equivalent to RTFM.

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

Well, I tried to use some ms data from a separate machine like the pinned topic and now I get error 21.

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Dude, you don't know the half of it.  I have posted a trillion and two posts and nobody has been able to help me.  I did exactly what worked for Ocnewb but still no joy.

The only thing that did change was instead of getting error code 13 I got error code 21.

Here is what I am thinking we need to do.

Do you still have your original retail HD with the Dash that came with it?  I am thinking of connecting the retail HD to the upgraded larger HD via a y-cord adapter.  Then, transferring all the data that is on the retail xbox HD over to the upgraded HD.  If it's a kernel/dashboard compatibility issue then  the problem should go away.

What's ironic is we both have 1.4 MB's.  It has to be a compatibility issue.  But what baffles me is why the FTP that I did still gave me an error, albeit now error 21.

I'll keep you posted if any changes happen, please do the same.

Thanks for replying!

Peace man!

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

I thought about rebuilding it with a Slayers too, but I don't have that autoinstaller.  The autoinstaller that I have is based off of the slayers but has all of these updated apps:

List of Installed Apps:

- BiosCheck 3.1
- boXplorer 0.96
- Complex Tools 1.60 (Public Release)
- Dvd2XboX 0.5.8 (with Rahszhul ACL files 2004-03-04)
- LinksBoks 0.92 (Dr Zoidberg Edition)
- Media X Menu 0.9n.6
- MouseTestApp
- ProjectX HDDLoader 1.3a
- X2Config
- Xbox FTP client 0.62
- Xbox Media Center (XBOX Media Center 2004-06-19 build-IND)
- XBWatch 0.03
- XCommanderR2
- YAMP

* Functions of the Auto-Installer:

- Format C, E, F, and G Drives.
- Flash your Bios.
- Set your Xbox Region (NTSC, JAP, EUR).
- (Re)Install MS Dashboard, plus update to version 5969.
- (Re)Install EvoX Dashboard 3921 or 3935 to either C or F Drive.
- (Re)Install Applications included on the CD.
- (Re)Install Xbox Medaia Center (2004-06-06).
- Lock / Unlock the Hard Drive.
- FTP Support (you might need to configure the network settings).

* Flash your Modchip which your choice of BIOS:

- EvoX-M7 EjectFix
- EvoX M7+137 G
- Xecutor2 4977
- Xecutor2 4978.03
- Xecuter2 4983.06
- Xecutor2 4983.67

* Over 100 EvoX Trainers for various PAL and NTSC Games.

* Improved Menu layout for both Installer + Dashboard Menus.

* 50+ Skins

I'll let you know if I run across anything.  Nobody seems to know what is causing the issue.

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

Okay, I think I have the fix.

The 1.4 Version needs a different MS Dashboard than you have.  I have found someone that is going to file transfer me via MSN Messenger the entire dash.  If you want, I can send it to you the same way and you should be able to fix your problem.

It's actually very similar to the fix that was suggested in the Pinned Post, but without knowing what version dash you need it was a shot in the dark.  I tried several dashes and nothing worked.  Luckily, I found someone who knew.

Let me know if you are game..

later man.

OcnewB

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (realmccloy @ Aug 11 2004, 06:38 AM)
Okay, I think I have the fix.

The 1.4 Version needs a different MS Dashboard than you have.  I have found someone that is going to file transfer me via MSN Messenger the entire dash.  If you want, I can send it to you the same way and you should be able to fix your problem.

It's actually very similar to the fix that was suggested in the Pinned Post, but without knowing what version dash you need it was a shot in the dark.  I tried several dashes and nothing worked.  Luckily, I found someone who knew.

Let me know if you are game..

later man.

I did write the pinned as the 1st reply- topic, so please don't say I don't help ok?
Its good that you got it fixed with the dashupdate function on the games, however this fixed it for me. Somehow i did help because now you knew it was incompatibility. Did you ever write such a long tutorial? No? Well I did, so please don't say i don't like to write text.
wink.gif

realmccloy

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Yes, I have written many tutorials.

Go to www.shop-for-me.com or XS Filter - mate!

And, credit goes where credits deserved!  However, your way didn't fix it because I did try it your way and ended up with error code 21 instead.  For version 1.4 xbox's with the Phillips drive, all 1.5's and all 1.6's need a specific dash that you can't just get from anyone.  The bottom line is we all learned something.  The moral of the story is you need to be a little nicer to newbs instead of scolding them for not knowing what to do, nicely tell them what to do.

If you are too busy to be nice to a noob, then just keep your mouth shut.  I've posted over 2600 useful topics in five different forums.  It just pains me to see snippy answers to people who have posted for the very first time.  I could give a rats ass what you think of me, I am talking about the person who first posted his error 13.  He deserved more than what you told him.  

I have mailed DVD disks with file/autoinstaller/ and emulator autoinstallers to hundreds of xbox modders WORLDWIDE at my own cost.  What have you done besides beg your ass off for a pinned topic!  That info is available anywhere and really didn't need pinned.  Further more, you should update it now that you have more information if you truly want to help people.  If you need the proper files to offer anyone just let me know.  I'd be happy to xfer them to you via MSN messenger file transfer or send them to you via disk.  Or you can just continue to rack up meanignless posts.

Fantoman, let me know how you want me to send you the files.  My MSN Messenger username is [email protected] or you can email me at [email protected] and give me your physical address and I can mail you the contents on disk so you can FTP over to your machine.

later man

Fantoman

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

Glad to see! beerchug.gif

geacmbo

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

Realmccloy

HI, I'd really appreciate your assistance since I am currently encountering this same problem with error 13. My box is modded with the Xcecuter2 chip and I have some practice with slayer's autoinstaller. Just recently I d/l v2.6 and began or tried to prepare my new Maxtor 40GB drive. Well it so happens that after rebooting, bang!!!!...get the error 13 code on screen.

After reading your post, I added your MSN contact, hope we can work something out...I'l lalso be sending you a note...

Regards
G.

BTW. My box version is 1.0, everything else is exactly the same way as it was purchased , nothing has been modified except for when installing the mod chip

MatrixNeo

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

I dont't see the problem in just helping someone when they need it. I find it a great time to sit and try and help people with their problems if i know how to fix it. Plus its just kinda mean to tell people off.

I'm glad I finally found this thread, as my prob has been the same and I hope this is a fix. Thanks for the info.

covenent elite

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

i have a problem that needs help with the 13 error code, and i dont have a modchip and i put in halo 2 and it starts up perfectly, but whenever i start up or take out a game from my xbox it goes to the 13 error code, i used krayzee's installers for MA and i was restoring my xbox to its factory setting i reformatted twice and i think that messed something up but i cant do anything but play games, i just checked and i have no ftp access and slayers 2.6 final and my xox kernal is 5101 and my dash was the newest one, 5901 or something close to that might be 5960 i havent tried hot swapping and rebuilding my hdd, the only files i have from my hdd are shadowc.img and eeprom.bin i hope that will be enough to rebuild if that is what i have to do please  contact me or reply to this thread my msn is [email protected]

flyingjeepman

• Archived User
Error 13 On Retail Bios
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

could  i format a harddrive from my pc then start from scratch on an error 13 using a usb harddrive case?