xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq Spoofed As Samsung  (Read 33 times)

charredfields

• Archived User
Benq Spoofed As Samsung
« on: February 02, 2020, 05:39:00 PM »

my samsung keeps giving me dirty disc errors on clean discs, i want to spoof my benq drive. it seems spoofed as when i put the benq drive in i dont get the blinking eject button.

my question however is. its not reading any backedup games. how do i spoof my benq drive and install ixtreme 1.51?

i looked around but any guide i found doesnt explain the adding ixtreme to spoofed drives. i just read i hack it up before i flash it with the spoofed key. but it doesnt seem to work.

im doing it like this. i hack the benq to 1.51 then copy my samsung key into the benq firmware. then flash again. is this what im doing wrong? do i spoof it then hack it with a benq 151 ixtreme?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Benq Spoofed As Samsung
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:57:00 PM »

dump your samsung. call it orig.bin put it in a folder with ix151-benq.bin and use the command prompt tool firmtool in dos.

FIRMTOOL orig.bin ix151-benq.bin

Then flash ix151-benq.bin to your benq.

I suggest dosflash32 for the reading and flashing of both drives.

Jungleflasher is probably good but i never use it.

charredfields

• Archived User
Benq Spoofed As Samsung
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Mar 22 2009, 06:57 PM) *

dump your samsung. call it orig.bin put it in a folder with ix151-benq.bin and use the command prompt tool firmtool in dos.

FIRMTOOL orig.bin ix151-benq.bin

Then flash ix151-benq.bin to your benq.

I suggest dosflash32 for the reading and flashing of both drives.

Jungleflasher is probably good but i never use it.

i dont know how to do any of this lol, ive only ever used iprep and firmware toolbox to do anything like this.

also after googling i cant seem to find a place to download firmtool. 360mods never loads up for the download

ps: i assumed that simply replacing the dvd key in the ixtreme 1.51 with the samsung key was the same idea. and now im just getting open tray.. before it was just reading everything as "play dvd

This post has been edited by charredfields: Yesterday, 03:00 AM