xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Weird Problem-flash Fxp Related  (Read 147 times)

korvinas

• Archived User
Weird Problem-flash Fxp Related
« on: February 03, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

I'm back at school and trying to connect my xbox to my pc.  i've done this many times before but now its not working.  I've checked out the faqs and did a search.  the wierd thing that i noticed is that my pc seems to get confused when i have the xbox hooked up.  

i have 2 network connections, the internet and the xbox.  the xbox seems to be connected when i turn it on and the "network connection 4" enables.  i can't get the flash fxp to work and so i was playing with my connections.  for some reason, when i manually disable the network connection 4 for my xbox, the internet quits working  :uhh:   but when i don't have the xbox connected, the internet works fine with only the local area connection enabled.

I know i have all the right hardware and software as i've done this countless times before.  It just seems to screw up whenever i move between home and school and change the IP settings.  

I remember my old problem of the ftp not working was that i forgot to disable my firewall,  :lol:   but this is not the case now.  i'll list my current setup below and any help will be appreciated.

Xbox settings
IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Lan settings
Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (v4)

Flash FXP 3.0.2

This post has been edited by korvinas: Feb 3 2005, 07:07 PM <

justaddwater

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

Ahhh...the unfortunate but common failure of ftp...

i hate it

i had the same problem for the longest time...

Do you have windows service pack 2 installed on your computer?

sp2 is horrible and for some reason horrible to you xbox... :blink:

if its on there then just try uninstalling it...it worked for me

- ryan <

korvinas

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(justaddwater @ Feb 3 2005, 10:20 PM)
Ahhh...the unfortunate but common failure of ftp...

i hate it
i had the same problem for the longest time...

Do you have windows service pack 2 installed on your computer?
sp2 is horrible and for some reason horrible to you xbox... :blink:

if its on there then just try uninstalling it...it worked for me
- ryan

nah, i'm running windows 2000 and i think sp2 is only for xp.  i did, however, dl a bunch of different security updates over the last couple months from Windows update. <

korvinas

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

i still don't know whats going on.  i pinged my xbox and didn't get any reply but my computer SEEMS to know that its plugged in as the network connection automatically enables when i turn the xbox on. <

justaddwater

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »

yeah Sp2 comes with security updates, that is how i got it.

did you check just in case?...because your symptoms seem exactly the same as mine were. <

smashly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »

Try binding your network card that's connected to your xbox with flash FXP.

Flash FXP--> Options-->Preferences-->Proxy/Firewall/Ident --> Firewall (PORT) --> tick Bind to external IP and type the IP of your PC network card.
That way when you use Flash FXP it will always look out on the network card you want it to.

I'm aware you said your using Flash FXP 3.02 so I'm only assuming that's where you find the settings but I'm only going by what version I'm using (Flash FXP 2.0 build 860).

I had the same prob and that's how I got around that prob using WinXP with 4 x Nic (1GB , 100Mb , 11g wireless , Firewire 400Mb) and Flash FXP 2.0 build 860.
I'd be connected to the Net on the 100Mbps nic , I had my 1GB nic plucgged to a 8 port 1Gb switch with my xboxes connected to the 8 port switch , I had the wireless networked to my laptop  (I've never tried networking through firewire yet).
When I didn't bind the nic IP to flash FXP I use to have to dissable all network adaptors apart from the one I use to talk to the xbox then it would work. If I didn't It wouldn't connect no matter what I did.

PS Your Xbox network settings don't look right to me , I may be wrong, but your xbox IP should be different to the Default gateway IP ..
eg:
Network : STATIC    
Xbox IP :            192.168.0.2
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Your PC Lan Nic: 192.168.0.3  <--- Bind this in Flash FXP
These are only examples of setting it as static IP

Good luck
 <

korvinas

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

Well I finally got it to work.  I just decided to take out that extra network card i had and use my primary one for the crossover connection.  then i changed the ip settings in network connections to reflect the xbox settings and it works like a charm.  Thanks for the input guys  :D <

justaddwater

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

your welcome (even though my info didnt really help you  :unsure: )

glad you got things sorted out <

korvinas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(justaddwater @ Feb 4 2005, 08:07 PM)
your welcome (even though my info didnt really help you  :unsure: )

glad you got things sorted out

well you may be right about the security updates conflicting with something.  It could have been messing up that ethernet card somehow  :huh:   But taking it out did the trick.  :lol: <