xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Cellphone Data Cable  (Read 949 times)

gogygaga

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »

here is the update :
i managed to flash my first liteon 74850c using the info provided by Datenshiz and ImRickJamesB1tch using a ca-42 nokia cable.
thx a lot u guys saved my ass about 40+ $$$...lol love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif

now i cant wait to layback and enjoy assissins creed brotherhood... pop.gif  pop.gif  pop.gif  pop.gif

throbber

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »

hi all
i have a xbox (74850C)with the "open try" error. iv tryed everything to cure it but nothing has worked so i thought this may be a good time to flash it and see what happens. if it still has the error after its flashed then it binned. but my question is......can i have some working links to  DKU-5 cables that has worked for people please??

This post has been edited by throbber: Mar 2 2011, 05:00 PM

gogygaga

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2011, 03:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(throbber @ Mar 2 2011, 09:47 AM) View Post

hi all
i have a xbox (74850C)with the "open try" error. iv tryed everything to cure it but nothing has worked so i thought this may be a good time to flash it and see what happens. if it still has the error after its flashed then it binned. but my question is......can i have some working links to  DKU-5 cables that has worked for people please??

wht do u mean with eject error? does it open the tray when u click eject? if not then i had the same problem and its very simple to fix...let me know so u will get the appropriate advise and instructions!!!!

throbber

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »

wht do u mean with eject error? does it open the tray when u click eject? if not then i had the same problem and its very simple to fix...let me know so u will get the appropriate advise and instructions!!!!

eject error??. i said "open tray error". its when there is a cd/dvd in the xbox and thats the message displayed on the screen.
and its not related to the lazer coming to rest at the out side of the disk as a lot of people have suggested...iv goggled it and tryed everything iv found to try to cure the problem...seems like its a common problem. and everybody has there own ideas on how to solve it.

btw...iv bought a genuine nokia dku-5 lead with 5 wires.

white
black
yellow
red
blue

any ideas which one is the rx??? with out me cutting it apart.

This post has been edited by throbber: Mar 5 2011, 05:17 PM

gogygaga

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(throbber @ Mar 5 2011, 10:11 AM) View Post

eject error??. i said "open tray error". its when there is a cd/dvd in the xbox and thats the message displayed on the screen.
and its not related to the lazer coming to rest at the out side of the disk as a lot of people have suggested...iv goggled it and tryed everything iv found to try to cure the problem...seems like its a common problem. and everybody has there own ideas on how to solve it.

white
black
yellow
red
blue

oh ok mine was getting stuck when i eas trying to eject it...no dude the one i ordered it was used and has only 3 wires but im positive that i did read in this thread about somebody whom had the same colors as u, u will have to read all full 22 pages on this thread to find out which one is the rx, otherwise if u wanna save the hustle i can sell u mine for 9.99, tested garanteed...lol

gogygaga

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(throbber @ Mar 5 2011, 10:11 AM) *

white
black
yellow
red
blue

well i searched for u on this thread and u seem like u have the same one someone described on page 9,10, and 11...go check it out...good luck...oh by the way if u cant find a way around that error of yours u might wanna go ahead and flash it (after u find out which wire is the Rx in ur case of course) then go get u another drive off ebay and inject the key u supposly will be extracting from ur old brocken drive.
sorry for my native english...im just trying to help.
NOTE: i think the Rx in ur case is either the white or yellow ( [i bet 80% yellow 10% white] i might be wrong tho so dont be hopeless or excited from wht u just read on this NOTE, dont try nothing yet)
ur best bet is to do a hyperterminal test to find out which two cables r the RX and Tx when u contat them together and from here take it easy weezy, because once u find out the two then go ahead and try to read/extract the key, if u get bad seial try the other wire (Tx will not damage ur drive) .
the dude nickname is Lockdown7 (try to PM him)  on page 9, 10 and 11...i suggest you read all 3 of them.

ur cable looks like this supposly according to lockdown7 :

http://www.pici.se/pictures/medium/ioFRVKdwb.jpg

http://www.pici.se/pictures/medium/vxEBlWUXD.jpg

btw forget about the 9.99...lol

This post has been edited by gogygaga: Mar 6 2011, 07:31 AM

gogygaga

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Datenshiz @ Feb 4 2009, 11:49 AM) View Post

I was wondering if anyone tried dumping the Lite-On key using a cellular data cable? A couple of them do RS232 -> TTL conversion within the cable and some do USB -> RS232 -> TTL conversion. Earlier i bought a Nokia DKU-5 cable for this Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDD and it worked fine. So in my mind dumping the key would be as easy as getting one of those cables, cut the wires. Then taking the RX cable and putting it on the TX point on the Lite-On drive?  The Nokia DKU-5 Cable that i have does USB -> RS232 -> TTL and is powered by the USB port. It shows up as COM3 on my computer.

IPB Image

here everybody im selling those on ebay for 14.99 $

here is the link : http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1c1a425f79

wizrdeye

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »

I was having the problem of knowing if my data cable would work also. it is from Insten, the cable says KQ-U8A S/N:WT048000317 only 4 wires blue yellow green white. There is a circular chip and a silver box with 12.000 imprinted on it on the board but no labels as to which wire is RX.
I have pics just not sure how to add them.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »

just use pmt, chances are that hack won' t even work on your drive now.

haroguy1989

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Datenshiz @ Feb 27 2009, 02:23 PM) View Post

Took some pictures, lighting was bad and the camera wasnt top notch either but hope it satisfies someone.

Complete extractor, used a cut off needle as probe and a pen casing for grip
IPB Image

Up side of USB -> RS232 -> TTL pcb.
IPB Image

Down side of USB -> RS232 -> TTL pcb.
IPB Image

sooo basically hack of the cellphone end, solder the pin to the right wire?

haroguy1989

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #265 on: November 28, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »

could someone post something on youtube?

souper

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #266 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »

this hack doesn't work anymore.

haroguy1989

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #267 on: November 28, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »

will it retrieve the Liteon DG-16D2S 74850c dvdkey, not looking to flash JUST want the key
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]