xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Cellphone Data Cable  (Read 948 times)

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »

did you figure out if this will work or not becuze i dont wanna try this usb cord thing if its going to kill a lite-on drive

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »

Hi, what you need to do is make sure you're using the RX wire from the usb/serial cable and connect it to the TX R707 on the xbox, Make sure that you're not using VCC cable since that one contains the USB voltage. Gadgets post, i think it was #5 said that he was using a Serial data cable, those are practicly the same thing but they dont do USB <- RS232 at the end, and those require you to have a Serial port on your PC.
The slightly less old mobile phone data cables are for example the DKU-5 Nokia cable. thats the one i have which starts with an USB connector and end with the RX wire for connecting to the TX on the xbox. Im not able to take pictures of my finished cable atm since i dont have access to a digital camera and my cellphone has like 0.00003 megapixels (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

you get a picture yet? i would really love to see this, i have been using yaywoops thing and it works flawlessly gotten 5 keys now and flashed 5 lite-ons with it

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »

Pepsi, No i have not taken pictures yet. But if you already have a working key extract tool why would you want to change? The point with this method i thought was for a cheap alternative to buying CK3. It is easier then to soldier your own board using the DIY guide on this forum. But the end result are all the same so if you already have the hardware i dont see the point in changing. As i said earlier i do not own an Xbox360 as of now. So any deep guide with pictures of the process, wont be posted until i get one. That is if someone else doesnt beat me to it. As i said i havnt taken pictures of my finished cable, but the image i posted at the first post of the thread is exactly how its done. You wont damage your xbox if you follow what ive said.

yaywoop

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »

using one of those dku-5 usb phone cables will definitely work. they contain (functionally) the same chip as a CK3 pro.
you could also buy one of these, which are the same thing http://alldav.com/in...76d061b39e5640a

also using a serial data cable works too. I pulled one apart the other day, it contained a max3232..

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Feb 10 2009, 07:17 PM) *

using one of those dku-5 usb phone cables will definitely work. they contain (functionally) the same chip as a CK3 pro.
you could also buy one of these, which are the same thing http://alldav.com/index.php?main_page=prod...76d061b39e5640a

also using a serial data cable works too. I pulled one apart the other day, it contained a max3232..

i purchased one of those usb-ttl converters on friday or saturday and it arrived monday! they are super fast and the thing works perfectly with windows key extraction tools.

This post has been edited by STICKY_BUD: Feb 11 2009, 04:34 AM

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »

a. i get bored and b. i like to try new things as i believe i have stated that facted once before in one of my other post

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »

Took some pictures, lighting was bad and the camera wasnt top notch either but hope it satisfies someone.

Complete extractor, used a cut off needle as probe and a pen casing for grip
(IMG:http://www.fetgrek.com/extractor1.JPG)

Up side of USB -> RS232 -> TTL pcb.
(IMG:http://www.fetgrek.com/extractor2.JPG)

Down side of USB -> RS232 -> TTL pcb.
(IMG:http://www.fetgrek.com/extractor3.JPG)

doop

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »

Cheers for the pics going to give this ago tommorow seeing as my CK3 is hopeless.... grr.gif

strawsy

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »

Lol that is nice man. Hey do you know if a cable for an lg fusic would work. Also I don't really need the cable anymore so I don't care about messing it up. So should I just take the usb end apart and check the pinouts? Or does it have to come apart anyways?

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »

Strawsy, i dont know about the LG Fusic you might find documented pinouts on the internet else you could do as i did, open up the casing around the USB chip. and check the solderpoints to figure out what cable is what, else im sure you could google that specific chip.

itz me

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »

I would love if someone would make a easy tutorial to follow.  I want to flash my lite on but the parts are to costly and I can't solder.

XLNC

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

Has this been confirmed working, I'm ready to order one of these data cables as they're dirt cheap on ebay, cheaper than components to make rs232 to ttl coverter.

Can certain versions of this cable mess up the dvd drive or precautions I need to take in order to not mess it up?

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 05:22:00 AM »

There's no obvious risk except if you're dumb and use the VCC ( voltage ) cable instead of the RX one leading out of the PCB. USB port outputs 5v to the PCB inside the cable for powering it, then there's a voltage cable leading out of the PCB. You should find out which one this is to be sure, either by opening the casing around the PCB board inside the cable or using google. What i did was i opened up the cable and checked which cable was the VCC and cut the one leading out of the chip. since we dont need any power except for powering the actual cable PCB its safe to cut it.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that i will probably write a through guide to making these extractors later when i get time. A new thread will be made for that since this one was more for early collection of information and questions if it had been attempted before, there seem to be a fair amount of interested people to write a guide for.

This post has been edited by Datenshiz: Mar 2 2009, 01:40 PM

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »

mistake

This post has been edited by Datenshiz: Mar 2 2009, 01:41 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18