xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Cellphone Data Cable  (Read 950 times)

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »

I was wondering if anyone tried dumping the Lite-On key using a cellular data cable? A couple of them do RS232 -> TTL conversion within the cable and some do USB -> RS232 -> TTL conversion. Earlier i bought a Nokia DKU-5 cable for this Solution for Seagate 7200.11 HDD and it worked fine. So in my mind dumping the key would be as easy as getting one of those cables, cut the wires. Then taking the RX cable and putting it on the TX point on the Lite-On drive?  The Nokia DKU-5 Cable that i have does USB -> RS232 -> TTL and is powered by the USB port. It shows up as COM3 on my computer.

(IMG:http://www.fetgrek.com/xboxlite-on.jpg)

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »

I should add that i bought the nokia DKU-5 cable for 1kr, thats 0,12$ at an auction. If this works its a waaaay cheaper solution to the overpriced junk they sell.

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »

i have been wondering about a usb-ttl converter that i saw available on ebay for about $20. they are nice with rx/tx leds and definitely well made, but since i do not know if it would work, i have not taken the plunge to find out. i have never seen any information about using or not using such a device for liteon dumping, but that tutorial you linked to included a resource for cheap ttl converters and they had a usb-ttl converter for $6! i will be purchasing one of those today.

This post has been edited by STICKY_BUD: Feb 4 2009, 09:12 PM

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »

I currently dont own an Xbox360, but ive been thinking of buying one now that Lite-On's can be flashed. So any reports of your findings would be great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) if you decide to try dumping the key this way that is

-Gadget-

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 03:45:00 AM »

im not sure about the USB kinda cables, and if they did work its a windows only solution remeber.
but the normal Com port phone data cables (from the older type of days) definatly work as thats what i use smile.gif

Mick ...

Mhawk134

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »

Why not just buy an xtractor, or connectivity kit?  Why must you have a different tool for each thing, and not want to spend a little money. I'm all about saving money, but when you have to make your own cable, and ask if the stuff will work, and wonder whats wrong when it doesn't, to me doesn't seem worth it when you can just buy something that you know will work.

Hawk

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(-Gadget- @ Feb 6 2009, 03:21 AM) View Post

im not sure about the USB kinda cables, and if they did work its a windows only solution remeber.
but the normal Com port phone data cables (from the older type of days) definatly work as thats what i use smile.gif

Mick ...

thanks for the info gadget!

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mhawk134 @ Feb 6 2009, 02:54 PM) *

Why not just buy an xtractor, or connectivity kit?  Why must you have a different tool for each thing, and not want to spend a little money. I'm all about saving money, but when you have to make your own cable, and ask if the stuff will work, and wonder whats wrong when it doesn't, to me doesn't seem worth it when you can just buy something that you know will work.

Hawk

dude, both of those tools are seriously overpriced for what they do. I never "made" a cable, what i did was cut the Nokia cable and took out the Rx cable within, this is noway near difficult, a monkey could do it. This obviously work and cost me 12cent for a key extraction. The $ difference for the same thing using CK3 or this method is staggering. There's no soldering necessary and believe it or not, people dont like to spend a lot of cash for something they'll use once or twice. People may even have an old data cable laying around. If you're "all about saving money" you should know that it usually mean some sort of effort from your part, the question would be if the effort is worth the $ saving and in this case, it most definitely is.

Mhawk134

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

I agree on some things but if your going to use it for alot of drives, just get something that if 100% surely going to work, and not have to require building, mine has already paid for it's self a million times over simply by flashing peoples drives for them.  Takes the worry out of having to think about if something will work, and just knows that it will. I just ordered a spear for myself to speed up the process.  

Hawk

soundoffmonte

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

can i ask what type of nokia cable you used?

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 05:35:00 AM »

IPB Image

Nokia DKU-5 cable

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

did you built this yet? im a bit curious to know how this will work since i have already built yaywoops diy, i know that on the usb cord theres 4 wires 5v rx tx gnd, so how would this work?

stoatie_weasel

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 06:42:00 AM »

I have an original DKU-5 cable and have wondered if it was possible to use it to extract the key. After looking at some cable diagrams I found pins 7(Tx) 6(Rx) 8(GND) on the pop port connector but have had little success with the loopback test in Realterm.

Datenshiz

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »

Mine isn't an official DKU-5 but all DKU-5 cables should work. You just need the RX wire connected to the TX on xbox. I opened my USB connector and looked at the board inside and each soldered point was marked with whatever the cable was, RX/TX/VCC/GND and so on. Pictures below are of a DKU-5 cable inside, the solder points of the cables are marked with numbers.
IPB Image
IPB Image

2 (white) - RX
4 (blue) - TX
5 (black) - ground

Other cables that should work are CA-42 and CA-45 and a lot of others. If you have a cable at home and is unsure if it'll work check www.pinouts.ru search for either your cable name or mobile phone.

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
Cellphone Data Cable
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

so basicly ur just saying plug the usb end into my usb port on my pc and then just connect the RX point to the R707 port on a lite-on drive and it will extract the key ?>
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18