xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Liteon Incomplete "drive Serial" - Tool Checker/patcher  (Read 292 times)

xatrix123

• Archived User
Liteon Incomplete "drive Serial" - Tool Checker/patcher
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(GiampyXBS @ Jan 31 2009, 12:35 PM) *

The key is in the right place,i can't know if it's correct or not, it depends on the dump.
Play dvd video doesn't require the use of the dvdkey,viceversa,to play any game (original or backup) the drive need the correct key cause data from the dvd is crypted using the dvdkey and the box decrypt it using the same dvdkey, if the keys don't match the game can't be played.
So, if u can try with a dvd video (from friends or neighborhood...) you can rapidly find if your dvd is ok and the key is wrong(it play dvd video), or if the dvd was "locked" (improper) due to the wrong flash of the dummy.bin directly to the dvd unit instead of the ix.bin spoofed file (it doesn't play dvd video).
You can try to spoof to your benq,but first be sure to dump its data e BE SURE that those data are correct (in case you will need it), if even the benq doesn't work...then the only problem is the key...hope it's not so bad!

Ok i just tested a original dvd and it does not play. Im positive I have used the right file to flash my drive also. I took the new dummy3.bin and used firmtool to use with ix.bin, I then took that ix.bin and wrote that as my firmware. I have also try to go into jungleflasher and load my stuff up through there, and hit spoof to target I then saved that file and wrote it with dosflash. Either both give me same error.

daze81

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »

if you can play DVDs, but no games it must be the key. If anything else is wrong its very likely that the firmware will not work at all.

Th3_Burn3r

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(hakoes @ Jan 31 2009, 08:29 PM) *

can someone explain what "dummy.bin" is? and how to find it and make it?

is it possible to flash liteon only with sata cabel? if i use your program, Drive Serial Dummy.Bin Fixer, is it not necessary to use ck3, just the sata cabel?

for flashing u only need the sata cable. but u have to extract the key at first and this works via serial connection only. ck3 is not needed if u are able to build your own ttl converter. if not buy a ck3

GiampyXBS

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(xatrix123 @ Jan 31 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Ok i just tested a original dvd and it does not play. Im positive I have used the right file to flash my drive also. I took the new dummy3.bin and used firmtool to use with ix.bin, I then took that ix.bin and wrote that as my firmware. I have also try to go into jungleflasher and load my stuff up through there, and hit spoof to target I then saved that file and wrote it with dosflash. Either both give me same error.

uhmm...very strange....
1) A firmware problem: 1 only question, did you take the right ix15.bin (for liteon) ?
2) A drive problem: after flashing the "blank" dummy.bin file.

no other ideas, sorry.

rigger66

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(xatrix123 @ Jan 31 2009, 06:03 PM) *

BTW i also have a benq drive lying around im not using at the moment. Do you think i should try to spoof it with my liteon on firmware to see if that works? Im starting to think one of those files 4 key files are messed up or something because i been working on this problem for like 4 days now.

Real sorry to say m8, but you should have used the benq to test with the extracted liteon key , before
you erased. Hinsight now I know , but I do hope it`s not your key that`s the problem and just something
minor.
Good luck.

Regards

Pepsi2007

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »

Thanks For this Program its AWSOME! i have now succesfully flashed 2 lite-on's after verifying everything with this program its great i have also built Yaywoops DIY gaget that also works great takes about 2-3 trys to get key off, im pretty paitiant so it works out for me :-)

THANKS! Keep up the Great Work!

nilezon

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 03:52:00 AM »

Thanks for a nice tool.

I'm having some trouble (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
I extracted Identify/Inquiry/Key with DvdKey 0.6 and Xtractor Reader 2.3, and Xtractor (I think) generated a dummy.bin based on the three extracted files. This dummy.bin seem to be faulty, cause DSDBFixer reports:
CODE

File opened.
Checking inquiry data...
Inquiry data looks good.
Checking identify data...
Error on Identify check: wrong DVD sn data '6D80GC28859000XA 0  ' (0x2C14)!
Checking DVD key...
DVD Key looks good.
Checking DVD serial number...
CHECK ERROR (Error on DVD serial data check: wrong padder (0x1FF14)!)

Can I create a new dummy.bin based on the three extracted files (Identify/Inquiry/Key) and the serials manually read from the labels on the DVD drive?

nilezon

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(nilezon @ Feb 3 2009, 12:28 PM) *

Can I create a new dummy.bin based on the three extracted files (Identify/Inquiry/Key) and the serials manually read from the labels on the DVD drive?

Found it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
I used JungleFlasher 0.0.43 Beta to generate a new Dummy.bin from my extracted files and then I used DSDBFixer to fix the faulty serials.

Btw, where's the Edit button in this forum?

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:00 AM »

The edit button sometimes disapears :\ i guess its a bug.

R2D2

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »

Hi all, I used this tool last night to check my dummy.bin and it showed as all ok, all the images matched my drive as per the pictures. However when I created my new ix firmware with firmtool 1.3 it said there was a problem with my serial? Is this correct as your tool shows it as ok? I presume I will be ok for a while as my drive flashed ok and is able to read originals/backups and movie dvds!

Hopefully someone will be able to give me an answer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Kurt Hectic

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »

Someone WAS able to give me the same answer yesterday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

So I'll repeat after CASTER:

Firmtool 1.3 suxx and you HAVE to use 1.3.1 version.
Otherwise, welcome to the club with people who don't have a serial in the hacked.bin (me inlcuded (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) )

linnx88

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »

Ok just finished reflashing my Liteon and wanted to run this by:

I used JF 43B, the latest version. I have an nForce SATA onboard, so no freezing for me.

Basically I ran my dummy.bin through Giampy's excellent app and it detected that my OPT and the other serial were blank.

So i filled them in (had to take apart my 360 again (did it in under 5 min this time)) and patched the dummy. Then I opened JF and loaded my dummy as source, it verified it OK this time, loaded the 1.5 ixtreme and it merged with the fixed dummy bin and created my Liteon_CFW.bin and voila, reflashed real quick.

One thing to help out JF users, once you have your Liteon_CFW saved, you don't need to load anything else, in JF just load that file as the target fw and flash away!

Worked great, now I hope MS couldn't read that stuff anyway and if they could, I hope Giampy caught this in time! Thanks a lot!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

This post has been edited by linnx88: Feb 4 2009, 08:50 PM

linnx88

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »

The main question for Giampy now remains. Can M$ read this info? If so and they can pick up the blank serials in the ixtreme firmware, wouldn't they be able to see the DVDKey32 extractor signature (in my dummy it's @ 0x5FC0) in there as well? If you open your dummy.bin in hex, scroll around a bit and you'll find the DVDKey32 info just sitting there. That would be a dead giveaway if they could read it...

So if they can read it, a hell of a lot more info needs to be hidden/fixed and if not, is this serial info critical to force people to reflash? I already reflashed mine, but there are a lot here who can't do it. This is the main question with this issue I guess.

Also why is the Liteon serial label which starts at: 0x1FF00 cuts short the last #? You can see this more easily in Giampy's tool in DVD Label. One number is cut off for mine. Like in Giampy's tool it only shows 16 digits for the DVD Label, but on my actual drive, it's 17 digits long. Any reason for that? When I view the dummy in hex, it's actually 17 digits, but the last one is 1 by default....hmmm

This post has been edited by linnx88: Feb 4 2009, 09:03 PM

GiampyXBS

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(linnx88 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:29 PM) *
The main question for Giampy now remains. Can M$ read this info? If so and they can pick up the blank serials in the ixtreme firmware, wouldn't they be able to see the DVDKey32 extractor signature (in my dummy it's @ 0x5FC0) in there as well? If you open your dummy.bin in hex, scroll around a bit and you'll find the DVDKey32 info just sitting there. That would be a dead giveaway if they could read it...

So if they can read it, a hell of a lot more info needs to be hidden/fixed and if not, is this serial info critical to force people to reflash? I already reflashed mine, but there are a lot here who can't do it. This is the main question with this issue I guess.

Also why is the Liteon serial label which starts at: 0x1FF00 cuts short the last #? You can see this more easily in Giampy's tool in DVD Label. One number is cut off for mine. Like in Giampy's tool it only shows 16 digits for the DVD Label, but on my actual drive, it's 17 digits long. Any reason for that? When I view the dummy in hex, it's actually 17 digits, but the last one is 1 by default....hmmm

Hi linnx88,
someone say that the serial info isn't visible by M$, some other say yes, i lost my serial info so i created that simple tool only for safety after inspecting the data i found (on the web and on the labels)!
The last char of the serial number in the dump is alway 0 or 1 (may be a crc...need a deeper analisys), so i leave it as its default value, i don't recalc this (CRC?).

linnx88

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(GiampyXBS @ Feb 4 2009, 10:30 PM) *

Hi linnx88,
someone say that the serial info isn't visible by M$, some other say yes, i lost my serial info so i created that simple tool only for safety after inspecting the data i found (on the web and on the labels)!
The last char of the serial number in the dump is alway 0 or 1 (may be a crc...need a deeper analisys), so i leave it as its default value, i don't recalc this (CRC?).

Hmm on my liteon, on the paper label, that last digit is 7, not 0 nor 1. That's what made me wonder why it drops the last digit and puts a 1.

I just spent a few minutes digging around the Liteon_CFW.bin and the dummy.bin in hex and found a whole bunch of "markup" strings the firmware tools leave behind. Like the interesting "Wisely Loves Lan" markup string in the dummy and the Liteon_CFW.bin one of the tools used as an identifier. There's the "DVDKey32 extract" signature there as well, and of course the missing serial #s for a lot of people who haven't used your tool yet and had old JF and other tools.

This is definitely somethings only the devs can answer, but it would certainly be interesting to know.

Thanks for the awesome tool, I appreciate safety, that's why I think its important to know from garyopa or c4e or jungle crew if MS can indeed read the serial info.

This post has been edited by linnx88: Feb 4 2009, 10:07 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5