xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Liteon Incomplete "drive Serial" - Tool Checker/patcher  (Read 293 times)

GiampyXBS

• Archived User
Liteon Incomplete "drive Serial" - Tool Checker/patcher
« on: January 30, 2009, 07:21:00 AM »

Can't edit my original post, so i open a new thread to post this info.

Drive Serial Dummy.Bin Fixer - Only for liteon dvd drives

Can be downloaded Here
Required dotNet framework 2.0 (at least).

Version 1.0 - beta
---------------------
Usefull for :
- Recovery the drive serial info block (reading those from the dvd labels)
- Double check your dummy.bin file (with the labels)
- Test the consistency of data in the 3 blocks (identify,inquiry,dummy.bin)
- Change/Verify the dvd-key
- Patch the above data (in a new dummy.bin)

How to use :
---------------
- Click on "Browse..", select the Dummy.bin to check/patch
- Click on "Analize", look at the analisys steps colors and at the result panel for details:
--- All green ==> looks good (double check the labels for your safety)
--- 1 or more red/orange ==> problems, but if the "Patched" option is enabled, the file may be recoverable.
* Now
   - To view/check the label value, simply click on the thumbnail on the right
   - To patch data, select the "Patched" option and edit the boxes (red boxes are missing chars,green are ok), also using on the right thumb, then click on "Save patched file as ..." (DON'T replace the original dummy.bin,its better)

Known issue :
-----------------
Maximizing the form, the "Result" panel is a bit problematic (lost color and span some blank space), click into it and use the cursor keys to scroll.

Hope this help.

This post has been edited by GiampyXBS: Jan 30 2009, 03:36 PM

ImRickJamesB1tch

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

Sweet will take a look. Nice work man  beerchug.gif

Demonmirc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »

very Nice Giampy, well done   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This was all a great find.

GiampyXBS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(ImRickJamesB1tch @ Jan 30 2009, 04:05 PM)  

Sweet will take a look. Nice work man  beerchug.gif

QUOTE(Demonmirc @ Jan 30 2009, 04:55 PM)  

very Nice Giampy, well done   smile.gif

This was all a great find.

Thank you mates, i took my box only a couple of weeks ago, it would be a regret not recover all my data...
wink.gif

jt1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »

GiampyXBS@ This is a great tool! Nice GUI too! Well done! I checked my hex edited one and the output from you program and its spot on! This will help a lot of people.

I think this deserves a pinned post explaining what to do if you used an incorrect program to dump!

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »

Thx!

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »

Ive managed to fix my dummy file with your program.Really easy to use but now that ive flashed with the correct files i wanna check if my dvd rom contains all the data.Is there a way to check it or should i just trust the verification after the writing of jungleflasher.I wanna know for sure before i build my 360 back together.

Im gonna read the drive again and generate a new dummy.bin with the new jungleflasher and see if it contains everything.Maybe i just answered my own question but if im wrong pls correct me.

This post has been edited by ToBbErT: Jan 30 2009, 07:45 PM

xatrix123

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »

So i went to test out your program today and It shows me that my opt serial data and pcb serial data are red. So i click on the picture of each and see this ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ (is this normal i haven't read any posts about people having those y's.) Anyway i went ahead and type the letter/number combination from my drive. Then hit save patch file as dummy3.bin. Anyway i went ahead and reloaded it and yes the new dummy3 is all green and good. So i booted up to dos and did firmtool dummy3.bin ix.bin (just what i name it to, its ix1.5) It told me all information was correct and it got rid of that serial error i had before. So i went ahead and erase that port then went ahead and use dosflash to flash it. when it prompt me for firmware file to use i told it to use that dummy3.bin. Anyway it got done successfully so i went to put it back together and test and i now get the e64 error. What you guys recommend I do? Any help is much appericated since its a brick as we speak.

This post has been edited by xatrix123: Jan 30 2009, 09:03 PM

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(xatrix123 @ Jan 30 2009, 10:34 PM)  

So i went to test out your program today and It shows me that my opt serial data and pcb serial data are red. So i click on the picture of each and see this ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ (is this normal i haven't read any posts about people having those y's.) Anyway i went ahead and type the letter/number combination from my drive. Then hit save patch file as dummy3.bin. Anyway i went ahead and reloaded it and yes the new dummy3 is all green and good. So i booted up to dos and did firmtool dummy3.bin ix.bin (just what i name it to, its ix1.5) It told me all information was correct and it got rid of that serial error i had before. So i went ahead and erase that port then went ahead and use dosflash to flash it. when it prompt me for firmware file to use i told it to use that dummy3.bin. Anyway it got done successfully so i went to put it back together and test and i now get the e64 error. What you guys recommend I do? Any help is much appericated since its a brick as we speak.

you shouldnt have flashed witht the dummy3.bin , u shoulda used the ix.bin that you made

xatrix123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

I went ahead and redid it and flash it with the correct file this time, the ix.bin the problem i got now is that when its hook up to the 360 it doesn't recognize any games at all, even originals(it did get rid of that e64 error though). How can this be possible when the firmtool actually said the serial was correct.

jt1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(xatrix123 @ Jan 30 2009, 09:56 PM)  

I went ahead and redid it and flash it with the correct file this time, the ix.bin the problem i got now is that when its hook up to the 360 it doesn't recognize any games at all, even originals(it did get rid of that e64 error though). How can this be possible when the firmtool actually said the serial was correct.

Wrong KEY.bin make sure you press copy source to target!

xatrix123

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(jt1 @ Jan 30 2009, 05:57 PM)  

Wrong KEY.bin make sure you press copy source to target!

I just double check and I did do that, I took my new dummy3.key made from the program that which says its valid and i loaded it up in jungleflasher .043 beta and I loaded it through load source firmware, then i went to open target firmware and open up ix-liteon1.5. Then I hit the spoof source to target to get the keys to match up. Then i went to save to file. I booted up to dos then, use l-o-eras to erase the drive and then use dosflash to write the lite_cfw.bin file that junglefasher made. After all that I still get the open tray problem where no game is recognize. Is there anything I'm doing anything wrong that u guys can see?

nbitzis

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

Fantastic... great job!

GiampyXBS

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(xatrix123 @ Jan 31 2009, 02:43 AM) *

I just double check and I did do that, I took my new dummy3.key made from the program that which says its valid and i loaded it up in jungleflasher .043 beta and I loaded it through load source firmware, then i went to open target firmware and open up ix-liteon1.5. Then I hit the spoof source to target to get the keys to match up. Then i went to save to file. I booted up to dos then, use l-o-eras to erase the drive and then use dosflash to write the lite_cfw.bin file that junglefasher made. After all that I still get the open tray problem where no game is recognize. Is there anything I'm doing anything wrong that u guys can see?

did you accidentally change one or more char of the dvdkey? check if it is your right dumped key...

(thanks to all)

xatrix123

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(GiampyXBS @ Jan 30 2009, 08:06 PM)  

did you accidentally change one or more char of the dvdkey? check if it is your right dumped key...

(thanks to all)

From what i can see theres nothing wrong with any of the numbers i inputed. I just double check them and they all appear to be fine. Theres only one thing that it could be is if the 0 were actually O, but im pretty sure there zeros since theres numbers around them. Any other ideas?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5