xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 79 Unlock Troubles (by Podger)  (Read 31 times)

kyleerkx

• Archived User
Hitachi 79 Unlock Troubles (by Podger)
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:46:00 PM »

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me through a little problem I am having. I have been working and trying different scenarios for about 10 hours now. I am trying to install the 1.4 hitachi ixtreme firmware on my Hitachi 79 drive, but I keep running into troubles after running podgers unlock track. Everything seems to be going good, but the drive don't seem to be unlocked after running the unlocker. I have read about every fourm I could find on google to see if other had the same problem, but everyone seemed to ask questions different.

Here are my steps I did and all the information about my system.

System Info.....

Dell 8400 (Desktop)
Windows XP Pro SP2
BIOS 09 (Latest version)
Updated SATA Chipset
Using onboard SATA
Bios set to AutoDetect Raid and AHCI (My only option because the system wont work with anything else besides just raid).
Slax 2.0 (couldn't get 2.1 to work)
Using xbox 360 to power drive and sata to the onboard sata (360 video hooked up)
Xbox 360 Hitachi 79FL Drive

My Steps.

1.) Power off pc and 360. Start pc with Slax 2.0 and once Slax 2.0 has started, fired up the 360. Got to the spinning disk......  screen and hit the eject button. After that I let it run its coarse until the end and I powered off the computer(no restart button) and powered it back on (without turning off the xbox).
2.) Booted into Windows XP and went to My Computer to make sure the drive was listed then right clicked on the drive I though was the 360 and hit eject, the 360 drive opened and I wrote down the drive letter (f).
3.) Then I put the 79 unlock cd into the drive and closed the drive hitting the close/eject button 3 times. Opened the track in windows media player and let it play all the way through, then hit play again and straight away I paused it (closed media player). I eject the disk using the 360 drive (not the pc).
4.) Then I went to the folder where all the 79 unlock content was held and opened the command window and typed     79unlock f       and hit enter. Got the message done!.
5.) I tried both toolbox and ixtreme way to see if one was just being a pain and both gave me troubles. First the toolbox, I put in a retail dvd movie (tried original 360 game too) closed the drive hitting the close/eject button 3 times and I could hear the drive start to spin, but then I coudln't here it any more. I still tried to go into toolbox, to tools and hit direct drive dump, then hit RAW Dump Firmware as, but got a error message "cannot read from drive". Second the ixtreme way, went through all steps 1-4 again and went into the ixtreme folder and hit FLASHIX and I select my drive letter (f) and drive speed and named the backup folder and it enter. I got a error that said hitachi drive is not flashing and gave me four options to explain why, but none helped me out any.

I think the podger unlock is whats giving me troubles, but could be elsewhere. Any help would be great. Thanks

podger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »

there is an automated version of 79Unlock in JungleFlasher..... check it out... will do mode-b aswell and also dump the firmware..... flashed isn't finishd yet....

kyleerkx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Podger,

I have searched the net looking for ways to get this to work on my computer, but have been unsuccessful. Any way you could explain what I need to do in a better way then what I have read about? I have flashed a older version of this hitachi on my computer before, but this ones much harder. I am not sure if it is my computer not allowing me to unlock the the drive or what. Any more hints would be great. I usually don't post on these forums I just read them because I hate asking questions everyone has already asked, but this one seems to be stumping me to the point that I need some help.

Thanks, Kyleer