xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Flash Your Liteon For Free!  (Read 770 times)

yifan_lu

• Archived User
Flash Your Liteon For Free!
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »

SUCESS! I finally got the key from the setup I posted earier. My RAID controller is a SiS 180, and jungleflasher can't see it, so I had to manually put "dvdkey32 e300 1" over and over again until the key came (took about +100 tries, but it is probelly because of my lousy soldering skills for the device). Now to flash the firmware...

vincatzero

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 05:30:00 AM »

I'm planning on doing this tomorrow. I'm going to boot the 360 with the power and sata of the drive attached to the 360 and then remove the sata and plug it into my computer. I heard this was safer because the 360 wouldn't make a note that the system was turned on without the sata being attached which could potentially get me banned.

First off, any truth to that?

Secondly, because the sata wont always be connected between the drive and my pc, they wont always share a ground. So if the above solution was a good idea i wanted to add a ground. I'm not 100% on where to add the alligator clip that will attach to the 360 case. what wire do i attach it to? do i also have to connect the ground on the molex? how does that attach? they're not in the schematic.

thanks a lot

gfreeman86

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 05:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(vincatzero @ Dec 30 2008, 02:06 PM) View Post

Secondly, because the sata wont always be connected between the drive and my pc, they wont always share a ground. So if the above solution was a good idea i wanted to add a ground. I'm not 100% on where to add the alligator clip that will attach to the 360 case. what wire do i attach it to? do i also have to connect the ground on the molex? how does that attach? they're not in the schematic.
thanks a lot

Simply connect the alligator clip from the 360 case to the Ground on the serial port (pin 5 if I remember correct). From the pc's molex you have to take only the 5V, no other ground needed.

effbee05

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(ORiGiN4L @ Dec 30 2008, 12:32 AM) View Post

This was posted at the end of the read-me file from the iX1.5 release.

"A new DosFlash will be released very shortly that will include LiteOn DVDKey extraction and dummy.bin capabilities. Note that firmtool uses dummy.bin to correctly spoof information from dumped key/inquiry/identify into other 1.5 firmwares. At this moment JungleFlasher and DVDKey32 support the dummy.bin feature!"

Does this mean we will soon be able to extract the key via dos/sata, or will we still have to extract it via serial/com?  

Could someone clarify that for me.  
I don't mind waiting to flash if it will be possible to do the key extraction without buying or making an adapter for the serial/com transmission.

Thanks.

You will still need to read the key via serial, there is no software only method yet.
They just mean you will be able to use DosFlash to read the key and create a hacked firmware with only the one program.

ORiGiN4L

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(effbee05 @ Dec 30 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

You will still need to read the key via serial, there is no software only method yet.
They just mean you will be able to use DosFlash to read the key and create a hacked firmware with only the one program.

Thanks!  

hujang

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »

Im gonna attempt to flash a lite-on pretty soon, and I thought it'd be best to makre sure I got everything right before I try so I dont break anything. I just made this:

IPB Image

I am not sure if it is right, so can anyone give me some input on if it is or not?
(I guess I am gonna power the dvd with the xbox?)

Also, the probe goes into the hole by r707 right? And no soldering of any ind on the drive itself?

Thanks in advance.

plugin

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »

Yes, the probe goes on the 707 hole. No soldering needed.

MODMANMIKE

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »

I built your alternative circuit after 2 unsucessful attempts on the first one and  it worked great the first time. power cycling the drive to get status 72 after erase was the hard part .turning the xbox off and back on was not working so i unplugged and quickly plugged back in the drives power supply cord .ive done 2 now great work thanks

matt_cooper_1987

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »

hi been trying for a few days now rebulding circuit over and over, i have now got it to work correctly rx = 0 when voltage is applyed to probe

but i cant see anything from it in windows/dos even realterm wont recognise anything going on

tried pin out manual eject scraped a touch of the glue for better contact on hole

any help/ideas would help me loads its a via sata card, but iv got enquiry and identify already!

Shippy

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2009, 07:20:00 PM »

I've been at this for 2 days now.  I bought the npn transistors (15 pack), 1k resistor (5 pack) & 10k resistor (5 Pack) from radio shack.  I removed the serial port from an old serial to ps2 adaptor I had.  I used a pin from a sewing kit.  I re-used some wire I had from previous projects.  I also used a pen & hot glue to hold the spear.  Everything is solder'd together.  I rebuilt the kit 3 times, testing the connections with a multimeter as I go to make sure everything was ok.  I tried with long wires and also with the transisitor soldered directly to the serial port.   My motherboard uses an Intel ICH5 chipset and has 1 serial port external and connections internally to add another port.

Anyways I'm 100% sure I wired everything correctly.  Everytime I run Jungleflasher I get the inquiry & identity but the key always invalid (all zeroes).  Duriing my approximate 100 tries I'd say around 3-5 times Jungle Flasher would freeze while reading the key and I would have to close the program with an error.

I'm using the 360 to power the drive.  I have pin 3 removed from the power cable and the drive 1/2 out.

When I try to test my circuit with hyperterminal, I would press the probe to the 3.3v point on the dvdrom.  sometimes it would give a few charactes and others it wouldn't (about 4/5 of the  time).  When I touched it to the 5v point I would get more consistant characters than when I touched the 3.3v point, but it was still iffy (only about 1/2 the time).

My serial port is set up standard 9600 8n1 no flow control.

I tried Realterm and I get similar results.  The Rxd light blinks then BREAk and ERROR show up.  Sometiems it will give a constant stream of characters (all the same one) even after I removed the probe.

Does anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

FatSean

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shippy @ Jan 2 2009, 03:56 AM) View Post

I've been at this for 2 days now.  I bought the npn transistors (15 pack), 1k resistor (5 pack) & 10k resistor (5 Pack) from radio shack.  I removed the serial port from an old serial to ps2 adaptor I had.  I used a pin from a sewing kit.  I re-used some wire I had from previous projects.  I also used a pen & hot glue to hold the spear.  Everything is solder'd together.  I rebuilt the kit 3 times, testing the connections with a multimeter as I go to make sure everything was ok.  I tried with long wires and also with the transisitor soldered directly to the serial port.   My motherboard uses an Intel ICH5 chipset and has 1 serial port external and connections internally to add another port.

Anyways I'm 100% sure I wired everything correctly.  Everytime I run Jungleflasher I get the inquiry & identity but the key always invalid (all zeroes).  Duriing my approximate 100 tries I'd say around 3-5 times Jungle Flasher would freeze while reading the key and I would have to close the program with an error.

I'm using the 360 to power the drive.  I have pin 3 removed from the power cable and the drive 1/2 out.

When I try to test my circuit with hyperterminal, I would press the probe to the 3.3v point on the dvdrom.  sometimes it would give a few charactes and others it wouldn't (about 4/5 of the  time).  When I touched it to the 5v point I would get more consistant characters than when I touched the 3.3v point, but it was still iffy (only about 1/2 the time).

My serial port is set up standard 9600 8n1 no flow control.

I tried Realterm and I get similar results.  The Rxd light blinks then BREAk and ERROR show up.  Sometiems it will give a constant stream of characters (all the same one) even after I removed the probe.

Does anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Ditch JungleFlasher and Windows. Make a DOS boot disk. I had a lot of trouble, until I gave up trying in Windows.

Also, put pin 3 back in. Boot the comp into DOS with the 360 already powered on. When you get into DOS, just eject the drive with the 360 and push it halfway in, pull the drive's power cable, wait a second and reconnect it. Connect your serial cable and probe. Run dosflash. That's all it took for me, got a good key first shot with that procedure first time trying in DOS... after almost 5hrs messing around in Windows.  pop.gif

Stoka

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Ok guys I have a question. I don't want to build a probe. I saw this tutorial and thinking is it possible?
Check out these pictures

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now i was thinking of buying this cable

IPB Image

and then cut that cable apart. And rearrange the cables on the 9 pin connector if necessary so that they fit  
(Rx, Tx, GND, V+), and then strip the wires on the other side and then directly solder those stripped wires in the appropriate places on the PCB of the Lite-On. Only I would solder the Tx from the 9pin serial to Rx on the PCB and Rx from the serial 9 pin to Tx on the PCB. The power to the drive would be from the 360 itself. And I would solder the R707 connection.

Can it be done that way or can I simply forget that and try something else. And BTW if this is in the wrong topic please put it in the right place.

Shippy

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(FatSean @ Jan 2 2009, 03:07 AM) View Post

Ditch JungleFlasher and Windows. Make a DOS boot disk. I had a lot of trouble, until I gave up trying in Windows.

Also, put pin 3 back in. Boot the comp into DOS with the 360 already powered on. When you get into DOS, just eject the drive with the 360 and push it halfway in, pull the drive's power cable, wait a second and reconnect it. Connect your serial cable and probe. Run dosflash. That's all it took for me, got a good key first shot with that procedure first time trying in DOS... after almost 5hrs messing around in Windows.  pop.gif

I had the same problems in DOS as well (about 1/2 attempts were in Windows the other half in DOS).

FatSean

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Shippy @ Jan 2 2009, 10:12 AM) View Post

I had the same problems in DOS as well (about 1/2 attempts were in Windows the other half in DOS).

If you're having the same problems with dosflash.... in that case, I think it's safe to assume the cable is your problem.

Shippy

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(FatSean @ Jan 2 2009, 10:35 AM) View Post

If you're having the same problems with dosflash.... in that case, I think it's safe to assume the cable is your problem.

Here's a picture of my cable.
IPB Image

This is the 5th version I made.  Luckily I got the 15 pack of transistors from RS.  This one is using the 2n2222.  I had an old db9-db25 cable that I cut and tested the pinout.

It is still doing the same thing as the first 4 cables I made (the 4th one was solderless).  Either through dos or windows I still get a key of all zeroes.  It is very frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12