xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Flash Your Liteon For Free!  (Read 768 times)

shookie

• Archived User
Flash Your Liteon For Free!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »

Yaywoop...

First and foremost... Happy Holidays... and thanks for enlighting us with your creations...

I managed to find an old walkman and cracked it open to find a PNP transistor... i know the layout so i well use that. However... im having a hard time identifying resistors... Is there any special way to know which i s 1k and 10k... my multimeter broke so i dont have one at the moment. thanks...

Also i don't have a comport... how do i do this with no com port.... im using a laptop with no comport.

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(shookie @ Dec 27 2008, 05:39 PM) View Post

Yaywoop...

First and foremost... Happy Holidays... and thanks for enlighting us with your creations...

I managed to find an old walkman and cracked it open to find a PNP transistor... i know the layout so i well use that. However... im having a hard time identifying resistors... Is there any special way to know which i s 1k and 10k... my multimeter broke so i dont have one at the moment. thanks...

Also i don't have a comport... how do i do this with no com port.... im using a laptop with no comport.

Nevermind...

brubaldu

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

I made this diagram, its ok? or something is missing? thanks for te Guide.
(IMG:http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2507/dibujo2au5.jpg)

This post has been edited by brubaldu: Dec 27 2008, 07:47 PM

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

(IMG:http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii375/substancev/Untitled2.jpg)
(IMG:http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii375/substancev/Untitled1.jpg)

blue wire is ground (pin 5)
red go's to pin 2
black goes to the molex

base ping from the transistor is bent backwards... so gold points to the yellow wire which connects to Tx

Am i missing anything?? besides the serial port... (and serial capabilities on my laptop :\) This setup fits in a pen...

Please advise.

yaywoop

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »

shookie, what transistor is that?

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 27 2008, 08:31 PM) *

shookie, what transistor is that?

pn2222a

I used hot glue to protect from shorts.

the point was a dremel bit that i had plenty of. That should make a good contact.

Also i just got my hands on a DB9 male to male gender changer. I was going to solder to the pins and leave it at that... that should work right?

also would a usb to db9 cable do the trick?

one more thing should i ground pin5 to the molex and splice in a bull dog clip for the case?

This post has been edited by shookie: Dec 28 2008, 02:56 AM

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(shookie @ Dec 27 2008, 09:30 PM) View Post

pn2222a

I used hot glue to protect from shorts.

the point was a dremel bit that i had plenty of. That should make a good contact.

Also i just got my hands on a DB9 male to male gender changer. I was going to solder to the pins and leave it at that... that should work right?

also would a usb to db9 cable do the trick?

one more thing should i ground pin5 to the molex and splice in a bull dog clip for the case?

I didnt need to solder the pins to the other side of the port... that connector i had was able to make the connection simply by splitting it in two and wedging it to the correct pins.

IPB Image

BioFUSION

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »

ok, my attempt didnt work, could be a number of reasons, from using an old celeron desktop I had lying around because my main system doesn't have a serial port, or shotty soldering, could be the female ends used to connect to serial port, the needle may not be skinny enough, it touches r707's hole but doesnt go inside the hole or anything, blah blah blah. Please check out these images and give me any advice. I had electric tape on everything, but removed it to take pics.

So you know, the pc is a 1.3ghz celeron processor, 256mb ram, I threw my via rc-212 card in it.

http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img1.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img2.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img3.jpg

Hope I made everything descriptive enough.

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(BioFUSION @ Dec 28 2008, 01:26 AM) View Post

ok, my attempt didnt work, could be a number of reasons, from using an old celeron desktop I had lying around because my main system doesn't have a serial port, or shotty soldering, could be the female ends used to connect to serial port, the needle may not be skinny enough, it touches r707's hole but doesnt go inside the hole or anything, blah blah blah. Please check out these images and give me any advice. I had electric tape on everything, but removed it to take pics.

So you know, the pc is a 1.3ghz celeron processor, 256mb ram, I threw my via rc-212 card in it.

http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img1.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img2.jpg
http://i2.photobucke...liteon/img3.jpg

Hope I made everything descriptive enough.

I haven't done this yet... actually im in the process of doing it myself. However i do see some "potential" problems....

1: The contact between the probe and the board (r707). I suggest getting a sewing needle or a kitchen knife and carefully scrape around the r707 hole. You will slow see the copper starting to expose...

2: Access wiring? You may have some signal loss?

Hope this helps some... try my first suggestion i just did it because my tip didn't look like it was making contact.

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

Looks like a successful erase and flash... Originals boot fine... creating a backup at the moment and will post results...

yaywoop:  Thanks for the schematics on creating this free key dump... take that ck3 & maximus

BioFUSION

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »

Not sure what you mean by access wiring, I used wire removed from a dvd player I scrapped looking for the components, I figured if it was good enough for that it would work for this situation, let me know if I am wrong.

Maybe you mean signal loss from twisting the spots on a few of them?

goremania

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:00 AM »

Hi, i've got trouble reading my lite-on key. i managed to build the schematic as shown in the first post.
The transistor work fine, i tested it with my multimeter, it does invert. I've put my motherboard who is a asus p5ld2 on compatible mode sata only, the computer does reconize the drive. then i opened the tray, cut off the power, push the tray half way , removed pin3 from the drive, power on again. then i tried to get the key from various software like dvdkey32,jungle flasher and xtractor, all of them could get the inquerity.bin and the identity.bin but they all said key is invalid and they gave me an outpout like 00000 or CCCCC.I even probe the r707 test point and the rx pin of the serial port with a scope to see if the data was correctly retrived from my conection and it was. I've even test my serial port entrance with a loopback on the tx-rx with hyper terminal and with the help of a diode and a variable power supply i've found that my port accept up to 0.8v for -3.3v signal rs232. Then i check back the scope with the circuit and the 0 at the rx is a perfect zero and the 1 is a good 5v. Now i think i've eliminated a lot of error factor, but i  still can't get the key, any advice ?

ps: sorry for my english

yaywoop

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2008, 05:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(goremania @ Dec 28 2008, 09:12 PM) View Post

Hi, i've got trouble reading my lite-on key. i managed to build the schematic as shown in the first post.
The transistor work fine, i tested it with my multimeter, it does invert. I've put my motherboard who is a asus p5ld2 on compatible mode sata only, the computer does reconize the drive. then i opened the tray, cut off the power, push the tray half way , removed pin3 from the drive, power on again. then i tried to get the key from various software like dvdkey32,jungle flasher and xtractor, all of them could get the inquerity.bin and the identity.bin but they all said key is invalid and they gave me an outpout like 00000 or CCCCC.I even probe the r707 test point and the rx pin of the serial port with a scope to see if the data was correctly retrived from my conection and it was. I've even test my serial port entrance with a loopback on the tx-rx with hyper terminal and with the help of a diode and a variable power supply i've found that my port accept up to 0.8v for -3.3v signal rs232. Then i check back the scope with the circuit and the 0 at the rx is a perfect zero and the 1 is a good 5v. Now i think i've eliminated a lot of error factor, but i  still can't get the key, any advice ?

ps: sorry for my english

do any of the tools say 'your serial appears to be working' or something like that?

you could try it in DOS using dvdkey.

I just found a siemens rs-232 data cable ( IP40 ) I cut it open and found it contained a max3386.. for anyone else who has one lying around, the wires are colored black = ground, red = 3V to 5V, orange = Rxd (connect this to Tx on the drive) white = Txd

valex76x

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »

Hi,

After 2 days that I fight with my PC I'm here for ask your help.Sorry for my english!
My proplem is that DosFlash don't see my Liteon.
This is the situation:
PC motherboard is an ASUS a7n8x-e_deluxe with 2 SATA ports. The SATA RAID chipset is Silicon Image Sil 3112A.
The Liteon is connect to the second SATA port (in the first there is the PC hardisk) and poweed by the console. From the Hardware proprieties, if i select the SATA controller Silicon Image I can see 2 devices connected: The PC hardisk and the liteon.
I can't unistall the SATA drives because when I reboot the pc Windows xp find the new hardware and install again the drivers.

DosFlash don't see my Liteon. I have tried the 32 version from windows and the 16 version from a bootable floppy disk. In both case the program sees only the 4 IDE ports and gives the message No Atapi device present.
Also with iPrep is the same story.
I have tried with the program XtractorReader and clicking in Search All Sata Ports and Scan for 360 Drives it give me the message XBOX 360 Device found on Port 9C00. This program see 4 IDE ports and 4 SATA ports. In one of the sata ports there is the Liteon.
I did a bootable floppy disk with Dvdkey inside.
I have connected my home made rs-232 (transistor, 2 resistors and the pin) and booted the pc from the floppy.
I have given the command dvdkey 9C00 and the program has given me the 3 files Key.bin,Inquiry.bin and Identify.bin .
I have tried 3 times this and the key is alwais the same.
With JungleFlasher I have created the file dummi and the hacked firmware Lite_CFH.
Also in JungleFlasher, when I select DosFlash (or MTK Flash 32) I can see only the 4 IDE ports but not Sata.

Please help!
Thank you

This post has been edited by valex76x: Dec 28 2008, 02:59 PM

shookie

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(BioFUSION @ Dec 28 2008, 04:17 AM) View Post

Not sure what you mean by access wiring, I used wire removed from a dvd player I scrapped looking for the components, I figured if it was good enough for that it would work for this situation, let me know if I am wrong.

Maybe you mean signal loss from twisting the spots on a few of them?

No... not that.. i just though that your setup has a lot of wiring. However....i would recommend scraping r707 hole to slightly expose the copper pad. If your crazy about maintaining your warranty like i am... a little unnoticable scrape with a needle or xacto knife will do the trick.

BTW my flash was successful. My media and possibly my burner is no good. burner is stock hp pavilion laptop (SlimType)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12