xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: IXtreme 1.5 LiteOn - BenQ - Samsung - TEAM JUNGLE  (Read 1976 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
IXtreme 1.5 LiteOn - BenQ - Samsung - TEAM JUNGLE
« on: December 23, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »

Posted by Iriez | December 23 02:18 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

A new firmware release for a variety of Disc Drives on the Xbox360...
TEAM JUNGLE Presents IXtreme 1.5 firmware
-----------------------------------------

World first IXtreme fw for the unhackable Liteon drive!
Also for Benq and Samsung drives!

This has been a huge effort by everyone in Team Jungle comprising of the best talent in the world. It has been a privilege to work in the team which has enabled us to get to this point. Truly a worldwide effort and the greatest hack that i have been involved in!
The road has been a long one:
   - getting the key serial output
   - decapping the 1319L chip
   - reading the embedded flash, very difficult!
   - decrypting fw
   - creating iXtreme
   - creating Jungleflasher GUI+tools

Greatest teamwork eva!

Features
--------
Support for Liteon DG-16D2S unhackable drive
Flash from Windows with new Jungleflasher GUI
Smart Inquiry cdb for enhanced spoofing - Liteon
Enhanced c/r timing - all drives
Enhanced disc jitter - all drives
Enhanced spoofing support for Liteon - Samsung and Benq
Enhanced bad angle support - all drives
Secret Liteon MS Inquiry cdb support - Samsung and Benq
Half Open tray on powerup for Windows inquiry/flash mode - all drives
Disc lock/unlock cdb - Liteon Windows mode
Drive key+serial info cdb - Liteon Windows mode
More secure firmguard - Benq

Hitachi 1.5 is set to be released shortly. Hold onto your pants Hitachi owners! Release will be in early january. =)

There is ALOT of new information to digest, in regards to this entire project, and the utilization of the LiteOn IXtreme firmware. With this release, also includes a new FirmTool (version 1.3), a beta version of JungleFlasher, which is a new GUI based all-in-one flash that includes a firmware tool, DVDKEY32 0.7, MTK flashing and Hitachi support. Please note that this software IS BETA and will not function 100%. Yes, there will be plenty of bugs :) JungleFlasher logs all errors/actions and will ask you to save a log upon exit. If you have a error please help us improve the software by emailing the log file to JungleFlasher - at - gmail - com. At this moment, we have had quirky issues in regards to VIA chipsets and flashing/reading/erasing the LiteOn drive. Please pay attention to the 2nd prompt in particular after hitting the Lite-On-Erase button. Power cycling the drive at the correct time is very important for VIA users. If the VIA polls the drive after erase, it WILL freeze/lock your computer. Tools for DOS erase/flash/key/spoof are included in this release for any users having difficulties within windows.
JungleFlasher REQUIREMENTS:
-PortIO32.exe - you MUST run this exe to install PortIO onto your system! (included in release)if you have issues installing in vista please reference here:here
If you have a x64 system PortIO is not currently supported. Please use a x32 system to modify your drive.

-.NET 2.0 or above

Please note that at this time, IXtreme 1.5 still requires the utilization of a RS232 to TTL serial hardware, or a popular variant such as CK3 with Probe or Maximus Xtractor. This is necessary to extract the key/inquiry/identify .bin files. These files are neccessary for spoofing & gathering your key, even if you are just flashing the 1.5 IXtreme to a LiteOn drive. They contain serial information that is required for proper identification and security related issues. Note that spoofing to previous versions of IXtreme are NOT stealth, and is not supported.

If you have a CK3 please refer to this tutorial for dvdkey extraction:here

If you have a Maximus Xtractor please refer to this tutorial for dvdkey extraction:here

We have compiled a tutorial on flashing the Liteon drive prior to the release of JungleFlasher. Tutorial is located here:here

Instructions on flashing a LiteOn with JungleFlasher are as follows:
1: Hookup LiteON to sata port and power drive
2: In JungleFlasher select MTK Flash 32 Tab.
3: Select correct port (see above tutorials for figuring out the correct port)
4: Hit Lite-On-Erase button. NOTE - This is done AFTER you have already successfully transferred your inquiry.bin / identify.bin / key.bin files!!! Please read the Prompts VERY carefully! It is important to power cycle the drive at the correct moment to prevent your computer from freezing with VIA cards.
5: After power cycle, drive should return status 0x72 and display Flash information. If it does not, click Device ID and power cycle as prompted. If still not successful then you did not successfully erase the drive.
6: Once Flash information is displayed, you are ready to write! Go to firmware tool 32 tab and select "Load from dump files" and select your key/inquiry/identify .bin files. Then select ix15-liteon.bin after pressing "Open Target Firmware". Press "Spoof Source To Target". Then "Save to File" and save your CFW.bin.
7: Go back to MTK Flash 32 tab and select Write. It should automatically take the liteon firmware you loaded in the Firmware 32 tab and flash to the drive. It will automatically verify flash. If verified your done :)

If write verification fails, then there is likely a issue with JungleFlasher and your sata chipset. Please use DosFlash(info)(info) to flash the drive with the CFW.bin with the correct spoofed information. If the drive is successfully erased, dosflash will see the flash information and will be capable of writing!

DOS Instructions:
You will need to have your key.bin/inquiry.bin/identify.bin handy using the windows applications! If this is the case, please use firmtool 1.3 or JungleFlasher to prepare your ix15-liteon.bin with the correct dvdkey and spoofed serial information(inquiry/identify). At this moment, DOS based dvdkey/inquiry/identify extraction is not fully supported by TEAM JUNGLE. There is DOS based instructions for the CK3 by xecuter in the tutorial above.
1: Run L-O-Eras.EXE with the correct port specified (see tutorial above for Lite-On-Erase.exe information)
2: Run DosFlash.exe
3: Select correct number that represents your sata port / LiteOn drive. Note that the drive has to be successfully erased in order for DosFlash to see the drive!
4: Select write, and choose your liteon firmare .bin that you have prepared with your dvdkey / correctly spoofed identify / inquiry data!
5: Write, plug in drive and play xbox :)

A new DosFlash will be released very shortly that will include LiteOn DVDKey extraction and dummy.bin capabilities. Note that firmtool uses dummy.bin to correctly spoof information from dumped key/inquiry/identify into other 1.5 firmwares. At this moment JungleFlasher and DVDKey32 support the dummy.bin feature!

Official Site: n/a
Download: JungleFlasher 0.0.26 BETA here
Download: FirmTool 1.3 here
Download: DVDKey32 0.7 here
Download: Updated iPrep Definitions here
Download: IXtreme 1.5 n/a (built with XDK)
News-Source: xbins.org

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 01:16:00 AM »

Please note that if you have a x64 system, there is not a currently known way to install PortIO to your system! If anyone knows a work-around please feel free to PM me and I will investigate.'

In regards to the above, bigbugga7373 PM'd me and said....

hello i found a way to  install PortIO on my windows xp pro 64bit system,i just installed it failed went to the driver folder it made copyed all the driver files to the same folder as the JungleFlasher .26 BETA folder and now JungleFlasher .26 BETA works great just flashed my jasper 360 with a lite on drive and i flashed my falcon elite with benq drive.big thanks to you and the whole team

QUOTE(Big_Dave @ Dec 23 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

BIG thanks to all involved - even the coffee guy!

Can't seem to change JungleFlasher to my SATA port "EFF0" - Any ideas?

You have not correctly installed PortIO32.

QUOTE(ilin @ Dec 23 2008, 04:54 AM) View Post

So awesome, will try this in couple hours. Is there any way i can make donation for such awesome team?

JungleFlasher will be released with a banner for donations. This was intented, but the rush to get this to everyone prevented it. Future versions will have it.

QUOTE(Dead Echo @ Dec 23 2008, 05:07 AM) View Post

Very nice job Team Jungle!

We just need an updated tutorial for newbies like me looking to update his BenQ drive - The old 360mods tutorial have been rendered null and void by various changes apparently.

Yes, im sure someone will update the tutorials to include JungleFlasher. However this is ixtreme like any other ixtreme. You can flash with DosFlash16 or DosFlash32!

QUOTE(paul543 @ Dec 23 2008, 05:14 AM) View Post

is there going to be a new Dos Version of DVDKey? There is a new version for windows and it seems that the current DVDKey dos version doesn't create the dummy.bin file.

Not yet. Soon smile.gif

QUOTE(Nismo @ Dec 23 2008, 05:21 AM) View Post

Great stuff smile.gif

What's the best way to update a BENQ with 1.5? Should I be using this new Jungle Tool, or wait for definitions to be updated for the iPrep method?

New definitions are out! Get them here: Download: Updated iPrep Definitions:...1.5-ixtreme.rar

QUOTE(antonchigurh @ Dec 23 2008, 05:29 AM) View Post

No good.  I just tried to erase my firmware computer froze on me.  After reboot liteon drive will not respond.  I think its bricked.  I was using a via chipset.  I hope you guys can help me out.

Manually uninstalling the VIA then deleting the drivers yourself (system32/vmraid.sys) so that windows does not automatically install the card will fix your freezing problems. However, this WILL cause windows to flip out and tell you that you have new hardware every damn boot and 3 seconds tongue.gif The VIA drivers constantly poll the drive, and this is a issue, especially with erased liteon drives.

The liteon is VERY difficult to brick. As long as you dont flash some stupid shit, you can always fix it. It is normal for the drive to not eject after erase!!!

QUOTE(bissmo @ Dec 23 2008, 05:47 AM) View Post

ive got the same problem started erase got 0x72 so i switched it off and on like it says and now its just freazing up on me does this mean its been wiped ..should i just try dos for the flash.... and im using via 6421 card

also the drive will not eject

Yes, try dosflash or the msg above to get it working in windows.

QUOTE(--NZ MODZ-- @ Dec 23 2008, 05:58 AM) View Post

Wicked - I have tried it out and it works a treat, at least at getting the Lite On key - I have been trying all day to get a valid key using the ck3tool_v1.2.4 but kept getting CCCCCC's - then first time using Team Jungle - JungleFlasher I got a valid key!!! Stoked I checked Xbox-scene before bed smile.gif Thanks for the effort put into this tool and the firmware, much appreciated.

My first attempt wasn't quite 100% successful as I did not know how long to wait before power cycling the drive during the Lite On Erase - and now the drive seems munted, cant eject and not being recognised - so I need to find out whether or not it is salvageable - if I undo the solder connections will it still work? I havent tested it yet. At least I have the valid key, identify and inquiry strings I can flash onto another drive if I have to, but it would be good to get a hacked firmware on the Lite On finally.

Just like the Hitachi 78FK/FL - Took a long time but we got there.

Now lets get these drives to report discs present so we can play games from just the hard drive.

Can anyone offer any help regarding my now non-responding Lite-On? I am using the Xecuter CK3 Pro and USB - no RS232 cable. Have successfully read off keys etc but unable to erase and flash.

Glad to hear the success smile.gif The CK3 is not required for flashing. ALSO....xecuter is using dvdkey 0.6. USE THE 0.7 VERSION FOR KEY EXTRACTION!! Just power and sata. It sounds like you are having issues getting your liteon hooked up, and in the correct mode (half tray open) and seeing it on the correct sata port, with PortIO32 installed.

QUOTE(cardyology @ Dec 23 2008, 06:22 AM) View Post

First of all let me just say kudos for achieving what they said could not be done.  You guysa are seriously skilled ph34r.gif

My 360 is rocking a BENQ on ix1.4 spoofed as a liteon in my 360Elite... as Im sure many lite-on users have also.

Will peeps who have replaced their lite on drives be upgrading to 1.5? If so, will it be best to continue to use the spoofed BENQ drive & flash it to this new 1.5 fw or can we go back to our lite-on drives? Is there a "better" one to use? Any advantages/disadvantages to going back to liteon or sticking with BENQ>?

Thanks again guys, this is gonna make my flashed-console-wanting, lite-on-owning friends very very happy this xmas! cool.gif

YES. Updated to 1.5 ABSOLUTELY. Previous versions of ANY firmware are NOT compatible with spoofing from LiteOn. There is extra security features in 1.5 that relates to cross drive spoofing for liteon that is a MUST.

stevenalvarado

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »

let me be the first to say THANK YOU for all the people in the world that have been waiting for this.

beerchug.gif

gaatjenixaan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »

nice job!! love it    thnxxxx

tronix.co.nz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »

Awesome will try this out now

eyepartie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

Works GREAT!!! IM GOING TO TATTOO TEAM JUNGLE TO MY ARM!!!!  jester.gif

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

Thought it was impossible LOL.  

Thank you very much for all of your ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE work.   smile.gif

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 02:06:00 AM »

HELL YEAH. Xbins here I come.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 01:34:00 AM »

Very nice work guys!!!

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »

All right C4e, geremia, iriez, Team Jungle. Right on! This is one day earlier than expected. beerchug.gif

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(lord^infamous @ Dec 23 2008, 04:06 AM) View Post

HELL YEAH. Xbins here I come.

thats my boy! smile.gif

sargos

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 01:36:00 AM »

GO JungleTeam GO!

Pseudo99

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »

The entire X-S community's got JUNGLE FEVER! WOOOOO!!!!

Great job guys!!!!!!!

angelbless

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »

I cant say how much I apreciate this work... really team jungle did the impossible and now all of us Liteon possessors will see the light  rolleyes.gif

I cant be more happy...  smile.gif thxs a lot..

Now if just textbook could do a guide to hack the 360 for a really starter in all the Xbox scene like me... then this would be paradise  laugh.gif

Kurto2022

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 01:40:00 AM »

should probably have this in there for probe users

http://team-xecuter....iteon_probe.htm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26