xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: (free) Simple Spear For Use With Ck3 Pro  (Read 245 times)

barzi

• Archived User
(free) Simple Spear For Use With Ck3 Pro
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Dec 24 2008, 09:44 PM) View Post

Once you see the key appear you can remove the probe.. take a look at my pic on the first post in this thread, it is the top left wire as you look at it
Kipper

Thanks. So one wire to the upperleft wire? No more wires (I see two wires at the official probe, maybe because of the LED?).

And what is the theory behind the probe? I know that the wire from the powercable is the GROUND wire, so the place where you put the pin must be something else.. But what? Whats under that hole?

kipper2k

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(barzi @ Dec 24 2008, 09:49 PM) View Post

Thanks. So one wire to the upperleft wire? No more wires (I see two wires at the official probe, maybe because of the LED?).

And what is the theory behind the probe? I know that the wire from the powercable is the GROUND wire, so the place where you put the pin must be something else.. But what? Whats under that hole?

The second wire on the official probe is for the LED, all we are doing with the spear is just completing the circuit so we can read the key, the second wire is not needed

barzi

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2008, 05:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(mac456 @ Dec 15 2008, 08:27 PM) View Post

Hi, i have made a very basic spear in preperation for when my ck3 pro arrives.

can someone confirm for me that i have done this right? (obviously it still needs connecting to the ck3, will do that when it arrives)
IPB Image
IPB Image

thanks

Isn't it dangerous to touch the actual metal when you are obtaining the drive key? There is no elektricity on that pin?

vi3taznprid3

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

what type of metal can i use?? i tried a paperclip and a clotheing pin and cant get a good read.  i;ll try a safty pin later.

360GamesBackup

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(ashegam @ Dec 15 2008, 11:31 PM) View Post

Just use a freaking flat head screwdriver (non magnetic) to bridge the two 707 points, which you would normally by soldering the two.  and extract with usual software.

Are they the only things you need to connect with the Flat head Screwdriver?  I see some pics with solder all over the place.

Thanks

snmp

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »

rofl,

NO NEED TO SOLDER.  DONT, that was the way keys were dumped two months ago
first off the solderpads that need to be soldered are uber small, not for the average BLUNT soldering iron that the average joe blow owns somewhere in his garage, along with the lead solder thats so thick it could be used for welding.

ive repaired three boxes already because of noobs attempting to solder.....
metal touching is kind of the point here, how do you expect the data is transferred telepathy?
basically what he built above will work but its kinda ghetto

another thing connectivity kits are a waste of your money
power = 360
eject = 360

but, you are welcome to do what you want, click the link in my signature to see how easily it can be done without a connectivity kit.

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(snmp @ Dec 26 2008, 11:38 AM) View Post

rofl,

NO NEED TO SOLDER.  DONT, that was the way keys were dumped two months ago
first off the solderpads that need to be soldered are uber small, not for the average BLUNT soldering iron that the average joe blow owns somewhere in his garage, along with the lead solder thats so thick it could be used for welding.

ive repaired three boxes already because of noobs attempting to solder.....
metal touching is kind of the point here, how do you expect the data is transferred telepathy?
basically what he built above will work but its kinda ghetto

another thing connectivity kits are a waste of your money
power = 360
eject = 360

but, you are welcome to do what you want, click the link in my signature to see how easily it can be done without a connectivity kit.

FlipmodeBG

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

can somebody actually tell me WHY do i need to wire teh spear to the CK3 power cable, what is the real reason ?

and if i don't wanna use a spear, do i have to wire the flathead screwdriver to my cK3 or just touch the r707 points without any wires whatsoever ??

darkingthereturn

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »

hi everybody...i've made a probe correctly, wire 11 etc etc. When i connect it to ck3 lite and i power on, the pc shut down (STRAAANGE). But If i put the original wire it works correctly (for example the eject button works...) Have i bricked my dvd rom? can you explain why this happens? thanks wink.gif  unsure.gif

darkingthereturn

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

EDIT: i've reconnected it to the 360 and it works, so it isn't bricked, but i have the same error. when i try to connect my own probe the pc shut down. I've made it correctlyyyy (like the photos). what's wrong?

SlayerQC

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »

How about wire gauge size?
Can I use a 26 gauge wire while the #11 wire is only 22 gauge?

The reason I'm asking is that I have an already made spear  -it's a probe from a non-functional multimeter- and the wire gauge is 26, not 22.
Would that be ok to use?

SlayerQC

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

I can't edit my post??

Anyways, I meant to say that the probe wire is 22awg and ck3 kit is 26awg. not 26 and 22, sorry.

TheGlow

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

I dont even have any paperclips around here.
I just have a mess of old ps2 guitar hero controller wires and ethernet cable I use for splicing.
Cant I just splice in some ethernet cable and just hold the wire into the hole in the event I dont find some paperclips or anything?

TheGlow

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Jan 3 2009, 12:43 PM) View Post

I dont even have any paperclips around here.
I just have a mess of old ps2 guitar hero controller wires and ethernet cable I use for splicing.
Cant I just splice in some ethernet cable and just hold the wire into the hole in the event I dont find some paperclips or anything?

Yup, worked no prob. Took one of the smallest pieces of the wire on the ethernet cable and just poked it through the hole and made sure it touched the sides.
2 dumps, same key. alls good.
Had some trouble erasing the flash. ck3 lite refused to eject and my via card acts up, so I did the dos approach, erased and flashed in less than a minute.

barzi

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheGlow @ Jan 3 2009, 10:42 PM) View Post

Yup, worked no prob. Took one of the smallest pieces of the wire on the ethernet cable and just poked it through the hole and made sure it touched the sides.
2 dumps, same key. alls good.
Had some trouble erasing the flash. ck3 lite refused to eject and my via card acts up, so I did the dos approach, erased and flashed in less than a minute.

Does the pin that goes into the hole has to touch something on the otherside? Or does it have to touch the sides of the hole?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7