xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: (free) Simple Spear For Use With Ck3 Pro  (Read 240 times)

oxide32

• Archived User
(free) Simple Spear For Use With Ck3 Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »

thanks kipper, much appreciated!

RepsolAL

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

I have CK3 Lite and been trying do read keys for a while now.............. with no luck

Today I spliced into the wire like you did, and added a spear made from some wire and a paperclip
and voila !!   Keys from my lite-on !!          Read them with CK3 tool and again with the maximus reader
and got the same keys both times just to be sure.

thanks

hetster

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

ok 1 quick question before i do this..i also have a couple of spare drive cables..
in the first image by kipper the wire is spliced and then shared back. but in neildo's image the end is attached to the paperclip homemade spear jobbie direct and not shared back with the dvd drive..so can that wire be safely used solely for the spear or should it be for the spear and the drive..soon as i get confirmation i'm gunna build it..well i allready have it built but no lite-on to test it with so need to know wether to join the wire oe leave ot on spear only..
great little cheap free mod by the way..

This post has been edited by hetster: Dec 12 2008, 10:46 PM

RepsolAL

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »

Both images show the same thing
they simply bared the wire and spliced a wire for the spear onto it.
Which is what i did, not exactly cutting the wire in the power connector, just removing the outer cover
enough to bare the wire and solder the wire for the spear to it.

kipper2k

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(hetster @ Dec 12 2008, 11:21 PM) View Post

ok 1 quick question before i do this..i also have a couple of spare drive cables..
in the first image by kipper the wire is spliced and then shared back. but in neildo's image the end is attached to the paperclip homemade spear jobbie direct and not shared back with the dvd drive..so can that wire be safely used solely for the spear or should it be for the spear and the drive..soon as i get confirmation i'm gunna build it..well i allready have it built but no lite-on to test it with so need to know wether to join the wire oe leave ot on spear only..
great little cheap free mod by the way..

There is a slight difference, On my connector i left the wire intact that was going to the DVD Rom pad, on Niels, he removed it, the wire if you follow it would go to a pad on the DVD Rom which is disconnected from everything so it doesn't matter if you leave it off or connect it up.  I just left mine tied in just in case it is needed down the road.

Kipper

SimianEtza

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »

Here's my shot at the spear. Still gotta wait for the CK3 before I can splice the wires though.

(IMG:http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o238/SimianEtza/Spearrr.jpg)

Dan-FDD

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(SimianEtza @ Dec 13 2008, 04:12 PM) View Post

Here's my shot at the spear. Still gotta wait for the CK3 before I can splice the wires though.

whats that u used?

SimianEtza

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dan-FDD @ Dec 13 2008, 05:28 PM) View Post

whats that u used?

Safety pin, a pen, wire, tape and some hotglue.

Teun.

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »

Do you need to wire your "spear" to the ck3?
cuz i see on all the images a wire that is connected with ck3

SimianEtza

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Teun. @ Dec 13 2008, 05:56 PM) View Post
Do you need to wire your "spear" to the ck3?
cuz i see on all the images a wire that is connected with ck3

You connect your spear with the power connector supplied with the CK3.

sasch77

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

(IMG:http://s10b.directupload.net/images/081213/luceq66o.jpg)

look at my solution with a needle

very easy to handle

(IMG:http://s10b.directupload.net/images/081213/luceq66o.jpg)

look at my solution with a needle

very easy to handle

Teun.

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(SimianEtza @ Dec 13 2008, 06:38 PM) View Post

You connect your spear with the power connector supplied with the CK3.

But why is it needed to connect it?
if you don't connect it, is there still the possibility to read the liteon key?

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Dec 12 2008, 12:29 PM) View Post

Why would you want to solder the 2 points and then have to remove them again afterwards when you can

why remove the bridge?  If you follow the contacts all you are doing is completing the connection to the spot on the DVD Power cable for tx and if you check the power cable it does not have any wire on it so there is no need to remove it.  once it is soldered the advantage (which doesnt matter now) is that the drive doesnt have to be opened again if you have a cable with the wire on the power cable going to the tx pin.  so for some it is an advantage but you do not have to remove the wire.  it is easy for some to just bridge it.  for anyone not handy with a soldering iron use a spear or homemade version.

kipper2k

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:58 PM) View Post

why remove the bridge?  If you follow the contacts all you are doing is completing the connection to the spot on the DVD Power cable for tx and if you check the power cable it does not have any wire on it so there is no need to remove it.  once it is soldered the advantage (which doesnt matter now) is that the drive doesnt have to be opened again if you have a cable with the wire on the power cable going to the tx pin.  so for some it is an advantage but you do not have to remove the wire.  it is easy for some to just bridge it.  for anyone not handy with a soldering iron use a spear or homemade version.

From what i am reading on the forums, once you have the key you will not need to reopen the DVDrom anyway as it will be able to be flashed by the Sata bus so why not try to leave the DVDrom in its original condition

QUOTE(Antman1 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:58 PM) View Post

From what i am reading on the forums, once you have the key you will not need to reopen the DVDrom anyway as it will be able to be flashed by the Sata bus so why not try to leave the DVDrom in its original condition

D-Reapper

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

I am just wondering cant I stick a wire between the connections or is the solder really necessary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7