xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Lite-On iXtreme coming soon....  (Read 1371 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Lite-On iXtreme coming soon....
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »

Posted by Iriez | December 8 23:06 EST | News Category: Xbox360

A iXtreme firmware is soon to be released for the Xbox360's LiteOn DG-16D2S drive.

Release is scheduled for the day before Christmas. More details will be available upon release. In preparation of the release, it is recommended that you purchase some of the available hardware listed below to assist you in the process of extracting the key. If you already possess and are capable of using a RS232 to TTL converter (serial) then you do not need to purchase any of the hardware listed below. If you have already dumped your key, no other modifications will be necessary.

Both Xecuter and Maximus offer Solderless (with the usage of the "Spear" or "Probe") methods to extract your key.
If you already own a Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3, a tutorial on how to extract the key is listed here
If you already own a Maximus 360 Xtractor, the manual may be viewed here for usage.

Buy Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 PRO: mrmodchips | divineo | consolesource | shopneo
Buy Xecuter Connectivity Kit v3 LITE: mrmodchips | divineo | consolesource | shopneo
Buy Xecuter  Connectivity Kit v3 Probe: mrmodchips | shopneo

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Dec 9 2008, 12:40 AM) View Post

Iriez, can you confirm the Dec 24th release date, or is that just speculation...

Yes, I can confirm. Depending on how quickly development and testing goes, we might even see 1.5 for the other drives aswell, to fix liteon spoofing for hitachi/samsung drives, aswell as a few other small features previously discussed.

QUOTE(cRACKmONKEY421 @ Dec 9 2008, 12:53 AM) View Post

I was read somewhere that lite-on drives would probably never be able to be flashed because they use a different kind of memory for the flash that can't be re-written.  Is that wrong?

Yes, it is for the most part incorrect. The patent on the technology basically stated that there would be no way to read the firmware out of the drive. Obviously we managed that wink.gif

Also, so there is no confusion, this was not done by just c4e. This was a project that took a VERY large, and a extremely talented team of hackers. When I say hackers, I mean the REAL kind. This was a decent shot by MTK and PLDS, but fortunately we had some help from the inside wink.gif

QUOTE(markyk1974 @ Dec 11 2008, 12:05 PM) View Post

OK i have read through this thread twice now and there is still a question asked that no one has answered.  Perhaps people don't know yet so appologies if this is the case or if this has been ansswered somewhere else.

Is a VIA card/chipset essential to flash the lite on? or can it be done without this chipset like more recently with the benq.

thanks in advance

No. Infact, VIA has been kinda qwirky for us. It works sometimes, and sometimes  not (in windows), and tends to have issues with erased drives. One thing is for sure, you need to have no greater than 5.30A drivers for it, or it will not work at all with the erased drive!

You will be able to use ANY sata card to flash liteon.

LiteOn Youtube

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »

Iriez, can you confirm the Dec 24th release date, or is that just speculation...

farntheplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

interesting

I just bought 10 samsung drives sad.gif

swg1251

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »

Sorry if this is a bad place to ask, but is this date just a speculation for the LiteOn iXtreme, or for the new iXtreme for all drives? It only says liteon in the first post, but I thought it was all going to happen at once? Thanks..

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(swg1251 @ Dec 8 2008, 10:49 PM) View Post
Sorry if this is a bad place to ask, but is this date just a speculation for the LiteOn iXtreme, or for the new iXtreme for all drives? It only says liteon in the first post, but I thought it was all going to happen at once? Thanks..

The topic in #fw is that they will both be released on Dec 24th.

cRACKmONKEY421

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

I was read somewhere that lite-on drives would probably never be able to be flashed because they use a different kind of memory for the flash that can't be re-written.  Is that wrong?

leorimolo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

they didn't include this but spoofed lite ones are Unsafe, they have a hidden command

swg1251

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Dec 8 2008, 11:52 PM) View Post

The topic in #fw is that they will both be released on Dec 24th.

Ok, thanks

El3M3nT

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

Ah very nice, knew it wasn't impossible!  smile.gif

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(cRACKmONKEY421 @ Dec 8 2008, 10:53 PM) View Post

Yes, that is wrong, thank god (and C4EVA biggrin.gif )

swg1251

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »

I was read somewhere that lite-on drives would probably never be able to be flashed because they use a different kind of memory for the flash that can't be re-written. Is that wrong?

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Dec 8 2008, 11:55 PM) *

Yes, that is wrong, thank god (and C4EVA biggrin.gif )

I think it is sort-of right. From what I understand, the fw can't be overwritten, it has to be fully erased, then you prepare your hacked firmware and inject your key, and then the drive is able to be flashed with the hacked firmware since the drive's fw is currently blank. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe i am correct.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(swg1251 @ Dec 8 2008, 10:59 PM) View Post

I think it is sort-of right. From what I understand, the fw can't be overwritten, it has to be fully erased, then you prepare your hacked firmware and inject your key, and then the drive is able to be flashed with the hacked firmware since the drive's fw is currently blank. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe i am correct.

You are correct, you just need to dump your key, inquiry.bin etc and then erase the fw, then flash with the new hacked fw which needs to be injected with your key etc.  At least that is my understanding.

xeroer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »

swg1251 is correct.
Release for iX 1.5, all drives, is Dec 24 (US).

f575gtc

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »

man i cant wait for the day the lite on can be dumped via sata like the other drives..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24