xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using The Total Noob Benq Tutorial, Run Into A Problem At Step 12, Can  (Read 55 times)

PetriesLastWord

• Archived User

I am admittedly still a newb, but I've done my homework and still can't find a solution to my problem.  I've gotten to step 12 of the total noob tutorial for hacking a benq, specifically:

12. Run the DosFlash command to Read/Dump the firmware.
a. A:\>DosFlash r (port #) 1 a0 1 4 a:\orig.bin 0

b. Answer Y to the next question. It will hang on 0x7F.

I believe I've followed correctly up to this point, but my system is instead hanging on 0x00.  If anyone has a clue what might cause that message instead of the intended one, it would be greatly appreciated.

ghatway

• Archived User
Using The Total Noob Benq Tutorial, Run Into A Problem At Step 12, Can
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:44:00 AM »

Do the following steps in the following order, don't worry, you have a common problem. Happened to me and probably about 70% of the other BenQ flashers.

1. Click yes, but don't hit enter just yet.

2. Make sure you have a small screwdriver or toothpick, or anything to turn the 360 on or off.

3. Make sure the 360 is on, and you are ready to press the button.

4. Click enter, 1 second after you hit enter (YES), turn the 360 off.

5. Wait 5 seconds and turn the 360 back on, it should begin to read.

If it still doesn't read, experiment with different times try 3 seconds, 4, 5, 6 ect. Five seconds didn't work for me, mine was about 3 or 4, but just try anything within that time frame.

Hope it helps, and happy modding.

PetriesLastWord

• Archived User
Using The Total Noob Benq Tutorial, Run Into A Problem At Step 12, Can
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:32:00 AM »

Perhaps I'm using the wrong port or something, I simply can't get this to work.  I'm using the ASUS P5Q PRO motherboard, and on the lists i've seen it's claimed to work, but thus far i'm having no luck, maybe the board is the issue?

Any other ideas?