xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible To Chip A Swapped Drive?  (Read 47 times)

360newb22

• Archived User
Possible To Chip A Swapped Drive?
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

I was curious if it is possible to install a chip in a drive that has been replaced.  I got a console that a buddy wanted an NME2.0 installed in, but the drive in it has been replaced before by someone else.  It had a Hitachi originally and has been replaced with a Samsung.  I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to install the NME on this drive?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(360newb22 @ Dec 3 2008, 02:58 PM) *

I was curious if it is possible to install a chip in a drive that has been replaced.  I got a console that a buddy wanted an NME2.0 installed in, but the drive in it has been replaced before by someone else.  It had a Hitachi originally and has been replaced with a Samsung.  I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to install the NME on this drive?

Dont install a chip, they are a waste of money and firmware is better and near free if you dont have to buy a via card.  Just flash the firmware.  Also if you are installing these chips, hope you are good at soldering.

This post has been edited by BoNg420: Dec 3 2008, 09:15 PM

360newb22

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

I install them all the time, and it is not my money that is wasted so it doesn't matter.  I could easily flash it if I wanted to but the person has provided the chip and I was curious whether this is possible., not whether its a good choice or not.

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Dec 3 2008, 03:15 PM) *

Dont install a chip, they are a waste of money and firmware is better and near free if you dont have to buy a via card.  Just flash the firmware.  Also if you are installing these chips, hope you are good at soldering.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »

You cant use one of the money wasters on a spoofed drive.

Tell him you are going to save him money and flash his drive. That way he has money saved and has a safer more reliable drive.