xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats The Best 360 Drive To Use?  (Read 36 times)

360NI

• Archived User
Whats The Best 360 Drive To Use?
« on: February 03, 2020, 03:49:00 AM »

Hi

I just replaced my Liteon with a samsung  MS28 and have had some problems with the laser so the guy on ebay is willing to exchange it for any other drive, but im not 100% sure whats the best to go for in regards reading DVD-R DL's?

I had a Hitachi in my las 360 and it read everything no bother and the problem with this MS28 that im returning is it will play all orinigals but is very picky on backup media, it will play some, just struggles on most.

I keep hearing that the Benq is very good cos it hard to detect and quieter but im not going on live at the moment and noise dosent bother me, I just dont want to have to reburn all 180 of my backups to a different media.

Thanks in advance.

360NI

• Archived User
Whats The Best 360 Drive To Use?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »

I heard about the pot trick and I was going to give it ago but didnt want to mess with the drive too much, though it did seam that this was the problem in the first place.

I have asked for a Benq from the guy insted and am willing to pay the difference so hope to get it before the end of the week, if I get the same problem again I can just adjust the pot.

Thanks for the advice.