xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]

Author Topic: Liteon Key For Free!  (Read 2753 times)

spy007zz

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #825 on: October 07, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »

Just a question on the dvd connector pin 3.

If I remove pin 3 and manually touch the wire to the dvd case, does it mean I am grounding the wire and should cause the DVD drive to open and close?

ach

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #826 on: November 09, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(jeremydammit @ Dec 15 2008, 06:09 AM) View Post

IPB Image

hello

how do I turn off the power please

thank you

roboguy

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #827 on: November 23, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

Heres my contribution, i was bored and wanted to play with eagle 3d

schematic

IPB Image

board

IPB Image

render

IPB Image

it worked fine for me, i used a usb cable for the 5v

rudedog209

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #828 on: November 23, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

Damn what did you stay up all night tweeking and figured it out? lol nice job. Making a tool for xell hack i realized with a serial port and cut wire you can do damn near anything

roboguy

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #829 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »

your an ass

dbizz

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #830 on: September 30, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

Thank you very much for the wonderful tutorial. I spent a frustrating afternoon trying to extract my key with your circuit and jungle-flusher without success. I kept getting the "Bad Serial Data" warning. For those of you with the same problem read on...

Tooling around with hyperterminal I eventually figured out that (with my particular serial port) I would register inputs when brushing my probe against a 5V source, but not from a 3.3 V source. With my multimeter a 5V probe would register as ~0.2V on the serial input, but a 3.3 V source would register as 1V which was not low enough.

The solution - I justed added a second NPN, creating a 'Darlington Switch' using the same resistor values. That dropped the serial low enough to trigger on the 3.3 V input. I've attached the schematic for anyone interested but all you need is an additional NPN and it solders easily on the back of the D-Sub connector.

(IMG:http://www.softwareforeducation.com/electronics/notes/AS/WorkSheets/bipolar-darlington.gif)

frit0pie

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #831 on: March 19, 2011, 07:41:00 AM »

Ok sorry for bumping this thread but this the best place to post this and after spending days reading everything on the internet about DIY homemade probes and having no success i thought i would ask here for some help. I followed the tutorial and im sure i soldered everything correctly but when i hook it up serial port and run hyperterminal with ground to the negative end of 2 AA batteries and probe on the other end i get no output. I have also hooked it up to a usb to serial adapter and get the same result , nothing. i check the volts with volt meter going to the the 1k ohm resister and its 4.94 volts not sure if it needs to be exactly 5v.

Another thing i have made 3 of these devices and tested it on 3 different computers all rendering the same result, so im sure its not the transistors or at least i think its not. The correct com port is selected and just for safe measure i tried com2 as well.

My questions are what am i doing wrong?
From the pics i attached is there any flaws in my design.
Is usb not a good source of power should i go with molex?
Is there any other checks i can do with multimeter if so what checks are left to do and what should be the out puts?

Thanx in advance.

(IMG:http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4451/liteonprobe2.th.jpg)

(IMG:http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/503/liteonprobe3.th.gif)

This post has been edited by frit0pie: Mar 19 2011, 02:44 PM

Buzzcut

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #832 on: March 19, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

Forget that method, it's now outdated.  Search for "PMT Probe" to see the latest way, it uses a probe made up of one needle, a switch and works on all Liteons, stock or flashed.

Here's mine.

The pin is connected to the GND wire and the push-to-break switch cuts the 3.3v.

This post has been edited by Buzzcut: Mar 19 2011, 06:16 PM

frit0pie

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #833 on: March 20, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Mar 19 2011, 06:11 PM) View Post

Forget that method, it's now outdated.  Search for "PMT Probe" to see the latest way, it uses a probe made up of one needle, a switch and works on all Liteons, stock or flashed.

Here's mine.

The pin is connected to the GND wire and the push-to-break switch cuts the 3.3v.

Thanks for the reply been researching it. Yours is so simple i seen others with 2.5v capacitor is there not a need for the capacitor? also just to be on the safe side this works with liteon 74850c correct?

Buzzcut

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #834 on: March 20, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

Nope, that was just for the original design.  Works on all Liteons flashed or stock.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56]