xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56

Author Topic: Liteon Key For Free!  (Read 2757 times)

Senaxx

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »

Is it possible to get some more pictures? and detailed pictures how to solder everything? and how the wires are running? I would be happy to see that, before i'm frying my lite-on tongue.gif

I've got all the tools, resistors and transistors and the serial connector and i'm not that good in scheme's tongue.gif

Thanx

yaywoop

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(psykiller @ Dec 5 2008, 07:49 AM) View Post

can i use old executer connectivity kit for powering the drive? and computer case for grounding the drive?

can we use maximus xtractor reader software to read the keys?

thanks in advance.

yes you can use the connectivity kit to power the drive.
and any software should work. the hardware functions in the same way as the maximuis and xecuter extractor hardware

baltazor

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(jeremydammit @ Dec 3 2008, 01:33 AM) *

your just scurrd...put your purse down and give a shot with both hands   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

If i had an "purse" i woudnt hesitate to do it myself.. But you see... Lately , my purse has been reduced to just an empty wallet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 3 2008, 02:35 AM) *

this is not complicated! it is as simple a DIY solution you will get! 3 components!
if you follow the instructions and do some reading on how transistors work it should be very straight forward.

Sure,, Nothing is complicated as long you know how things work!  But whitout that knowledge... good luck !!
 And i rather dont want to put my new xbox at stake to test my luck you see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) !
Cuz, to you it sounds all so simple...  But i read allot posts about poeple frying their drive..  In this thread ive read a somewot similar thing about "overheating" using this method !!!
you said it yourself :

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 3 2008, 02:35 AM) *

you may have also damaged the transistor with excessive heat.

you see such an statements tend to stick in the back of one his/her head (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Nice though , to see poeple like you sharing their inventions to help others (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

rgds,
baltaatje

This post has been edited by baltazor: Dec 5 2008, 03:55 AM

psykiller

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 5 2008, 03:51 AM) View Post

yes you can use the connectivity kit to power the drive.
and any software should work. the hardware functions in the same way as the maximuis and xecuter extractor hardware

this is ultra cool. i have 4 liteon drive needs to be dumped. will post the results as soon as its done.

but before that i need some help, I desoldered few resistors and transistors from old dialup modem and tried other few devices. But I am unable to find 10k and 1k resistor. So is there any range of resistor we can use or its only 10k and 1k? and will a modem transistor work with this diy? is there any polarity issue with the transistor?

thanks

QUOTE(baltazor @ Dec 5 2008, 04:19 AM) View Post

If i had an "purse" i woudnt hesitate to do it myself.. But you see... Lately , my purse has been reduced to just an empty wallet huh.gif

Sure,, Nothing is complicated as long you know how things work!  But whitout that knowledge... good luck !!
 And i rather dont want to put my new xbox at stake to test my luck you see wink.gif !
Cuz, to you it sounds all so simple...  But i read allot posts about poeple frying their drive..  In this thread ive read a somewot similar thing about "overheating" using this method !!!
you said it yourself :
you see such an statements tend to stick in the back of one his/her head blink.gif

Nice though , to see poeple like you sharing their inventions to help others smile.gif
rgds,
baltaatje

For some this might be the only option available. I am from india and most of the sites don't ship mods to india. I was stuck with 4 liteon drives.
This really rocks....

yaywoop

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(baltazor @ Dec 5 2008, 02:19 PM) View Post

If i had an "purse" i woudnt hesitate to do it myself.. But you see... Lately , my purse has been reduced to just an empty wallet huh.gif

And i rather dont want to put my new xbox at stake to test my luck you see wink.gif !
you said it yourself :
you see such an statements tend to stick in the back of one his/her head blink.gif

Nice though , to see poeple like you sharing their inventions to help others smile.gif
rgds,
baltaatje

can i just straighten something up? this literally is the simplest hardware for dumping a liteon key. one transistor! the max232 contains hundreds of transistors. and there are a lot more pins to solder if you want to put it together yourself.
the overheating i spoke about is when desoldering the transistor to build the adapter, because transistors are sensitive to heat, it won't actually damage the liteon drive if you manage to damage a transistor..
as long as there is a 10k resistor between whatever you build and the liteon drive, it is near impossible to damage the drive if you are using a pin to connect the TX point. its very safe because you don't have to solder anything on the drive its self.
and I am trying to share my knowledge... if you don't understand how the circuit works, read! wikipedia is a great source of info. and a simple google search "how transistors work" will help a lot.

QUOTE(psykiller @ Dec 5 2008, 04:51 PM) View Post

this is ultra cool. i have 4 liteon drive needs to be dumped. will post the results as soon as its done.

but before that i need some help, I desoldered few resistors and transistors from old dialup modem and tried other few devices. But I am unable to find 10k and 1k resistor. So is there any range of resistor we can use or its only 10k and 1k? and will a modem transistor work with this diy? is there any polarity issue with the transistor?

thanks
For some this might be the only option available. I am from india and most of the sites don't ship mods to india. I was stuck with 4 liteon drives.
This really rocks....

yes transistor polarity matters. read my first post carefully and you should probably learn the basics of how a transistor works (not needed but useful)
if the transistor from this modem is an NPN it will work. to test for this see my first post. you could also try googling the code on the transistor and see if you can find a datasheet for it (would make it a lot easier)

any resistor value around the stated value should work. the 10k res value is not that important 5k to 50k should work also.

psykiller

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 5 2008, 08:06 AM) *

any resistor value around the stated value should work. the 10k res value is not that important 5k to 50k should work also.

got a 36k for 10k replacement, what can be the safe range for 1k?

psykiller

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »

got few npn transistors, same as yours in the pic. tested using the details on the first post.
but i am unable to find the emitter and collector point. since there is nothing mention on the pcb from where i have taken.

yaywoop

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(psykiller @ Dec 5 2008, 06:15 PM) View Post

got a 36k for 10k replacement, what can be the safe range for 1k?

500ohms to 5k should work.
preferably around 2k
you can always test if its  working with a multimeter and a 3v battery

QUOTE(psykiller @ Dec 5 2008, 06:39 PM) View Post

got few npn transistors, same as yours in the pic. tested using the details on the first post.
but i am unable to find the emitter and collector point. since there is nothing mention on the pcb from where i have taken.

just try it if it doesn't work you probably have the collector and emitter mixed

psykiller

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 5 2008, 08:45 AM) *

500ohms to 5k should work.
preferably around 2k
you can always test if its  working with a multimeter and a 3v battery
just try it if it doesn't work you probably have the collector and emitter mixed

I noticed a strange thing, this might help in identifying the collector and emitter point.
when i connect the positive end of my multimeter to the base, both the other points give some reading. but if i connect negative end of my multimeter to the base, then only one point is giving reading.

yaywoop

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(psykiller @ Dec 5 2008, 07:13 PM) View Post

I noticed a strange thing, this might help in identifying the collector and emitter point.
when i connect the positive end of my multimeter to the base, both the other points give some reading. but if i connect negative end of my multimeter to the base, then only one point is giving reading.

are you sure it's a transistor?
if it is a transistor it must be damaged somehow.
does your multimeter have a diode voltage drop function? tell me what the readings are with that.
otherwise an old CRT monitor will have plenty of transistors if someone is throwing one out..
the diode equivalence on this page might help  http://www.st-andrew...olar/page1.html

allbon

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 06:25:00 AM »

You should definately warn ppl that your circuit works only on serial ports with flawed implementation of RS232 standards.
RS232 standards:
1 is received for V lower than -3V
0 is received for V higher than +3V

yours:
1 is received for V =OV (not standard)
0 is received for V =+5V (ok)

That means it may not work on every serial port!

Best way to test it is to make the Rx part aswell with another transistor, then short Rx and Tx and check if you receive echo in any Hyperterminal software.

Although I'd say best is to make this http://www.xboxhacke...g66359#msg66359 which better complies with RS232 standards.

yaywoop

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(allbon @ Dec 6 2008, 01:01 AM) View Post

You should definately warn ppl that your circuit works only on serial ports with flawed implementation of RS232 standards.
RS232 standards:
1 is received for V lower than -3V
0 is received for V higher than +3V

yours:
1 is received for V =OV (not standard)
0 is received for V =+5V (ok)

That means it may not work on every serial port!

Best way to test it is to make the Rx part aswell with another transistor, then short Rx and Tx and check if you receive echo in any Hyperterminal software.

Although I'd say best is to make this http://www.xboxhacke...g66359#msg66359 which better complies with RS232 standards.

correct. I mentioned that in the first post.
and yes you could instead use a PNP and a diode and capacitor to make it rs232 standard. but i thought this was simpler and would still work with most computers

allbon

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »

Well, no offence but its far from clear in your first post smile.gif

Especially when you state that this is a "common emitter amplifier", which is wrong.
In your circuit, the transistor works as a switch 5V/0V - it doesnt amplify nor inverse voltage (V never goes below 0V).
A real CEA circuit uses low voltage alternative current as input (TTL is all but alternative and low voltage) and requires at least some capacitors to remove the continuous voltage part (thus giving -2.5<V<+2.5 instead of 0<V<5 for example).

hurricane02

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »

Where is the Pin 3 TxD from RS232 go to? Can you post a close up picture of it? Thanks

baltazor

• Archived User
Liteon Key For Free!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 5 2008, 08:06 AM) View Post

this literally is the simplest hardware for dumping a liteon key.

Iam sure you dont speak for all of uss ohmy.gif !!  

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Dec 5 2008, 08:06 AM) View Post

it won't actually damage the liteon drive if you manage to damage a transistor..
as long as there is a 10k resistor between whatever you build and the liteon drive,

You see, thats wot i find troublesome about this whole thing!!   It seems, there are still some safety measures which can be overlooked and thus therefor damage the drive !!  Can you say whitout a doubt in your mind that your "simple" guide is 100% brick proof sort of speak !!

rgds,

baltaatje,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56