xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Save Transfer Software?  (Read 119 times)

beestung

• Archived User
Save Transfer Software?
« on: October 15, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

Is there any software that can be used to transfer Xbox saves to a standard USB flash drive? I made a USB to Xbox cable so I can hook my flash drive up to my Xbox (and it works fine), but I can't seem to find software that will let me dump saves on to the flash drive. The Action Replay software and Mega X-Key software only want to work with the official hardware but I know I've heard of people transferring saves to regular flash drives.

The one tutorial for making a Xbox to USB cable(http://www.xbox-saves.com/MXK_HW_Guide.htm) mentions using it with the Saves Manager software from xbox-saves.com but that software only lets you transfer files directly between an Xbox and a PC as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Cool_Z

• Archived User
Save Transfer Software?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

It should show up in Windows XP as a removable storage device. Just access it from My Computer and place the saves in ZIP form onto the Thumb drive and place it in the controller.

Reply back if that works

beestung

• Archived User
Save Transfer Software?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

No good. The file system is different between PC and Xbox so any files written to the card in XP just get formatted when I stick it in the Xbox and vice versa.

jcupp114

• Archived User
Save Transfer Software?
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

Im having the same problem. I have a huge amount of pintech 64 usb flash drives which can be formatted, for backup, from the xbox yet pc's, after format, can not find the usb flash drive. I have modded a xbox dongle (plugs to xbox) to usb (female end) and usb (male end) to (xbox controller end). Basically I cut the dongle in half / then the usb extension the same way and WOW: you will end up with a 21 foot xbox controller cord that works! hehehehhe

However, if anyone knows any work around with this. It would be so awesome! If more information is needed I will try to gather it.

I have done the megaxkey downloads yet no joy. The AR software works when I insert the oem memory card into the controller then into the usb of the pc. That does work.

My hope is to get this to work with the 64meg usb flash drives I have then try and send it to the masses. Thank you for your time.

Take care

Jcupp114