xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Atapi Inquiry Timeout Error In 360 Xtractor Reader  (Read 75 times)

360newb22

• Archived User
Atapi Inquiry Timeout Error In 360 Xtractor Reader
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:00 PM »

Hello all,

Just got my 360 Xtractor today and I am trying to swap a liteon with a samsung.  When I try to extract the key it reads the key(or so it seems) and then just before it tries to save the files it gives me the error:

Error sending ATAPI inquiry (TIMEOUT)

It then asks where to save the files, but after doing so I end up with three 1K files.

Any ideas what is going on, and what I can do?

Thanks

antonio010

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »

I was getting that error as well and when it happens you get a blank inquiry.bin file. (You can verify it in hex) What I did was read the key first then turn off the chip and exit the program, turn on the chip and reopen the program, read the keys and then get the files. Basically you need to get the files without getting that ATAPI error.

360newb22

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(antonio010 @ Nov 7 2008, 06:21 AM) View Post

I was getting that error as well and when it happens you get a blank inquiry.bin file. (You can verify it in hex) What I did was read the key first then turn off the chip and exit the program, turn on the chip and reopen the program, read the keys and then get the files. Basically you need to get the files without getting that ATAPI error.

Thanks antonio010.  I will try this later.  When you say turn off the chip are you referring to the Xtractor?  Anyone else having this issue?  This is my first experience with a Lite-on.  I bought the 360 Xtractor so I could use USB to dump the key.  I don't know if it has something to do with legacy mode, but I am using a 6421 based PCI card, and I don't know whether I can configure legacy mode on it since there is no BIOS control over the card.  I have done a few early hitachis using the card through windows (iXtreme batch method) if that matters.

Thanks!

antonio010

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

Yes, the xtractor.  It doesn't have anything to do with legacy mode.  I have the same via card as you and get that same error.  You are showing your card under SATA ports in the program, right?

macca125

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

yeah i got same prob to but i sorted it, what i did was use dvdkey32 then when that has finished use xtractor reader straight after and it reads all ok. wink.gif

Cyminator

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »

Hello,

I´m from Germany!
I have the same problems with error Message! After a few test´s I found out that with the new driver Package Via Raid v580c - the Problems killed. Here the Download Page: http://www.viaarena....mp;SubCatID=117.

It works now without error Message on my PC. OS is Vista 32bit, Controller Via 6421

I hope it will help you...

Greetings

360newb22

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cyminator @ Nov 7 2008, 05:52 PM) View Post

Hello,

I´m from Germany!
I have the same problems with error Message! After a few test´s I found out that with the new driver Package Via Raid v580c - the Problems killed. Here the Download Page: http://www.viaarena....mp;SubCatID=117.

It works now without error Message on my PC. OS is Vista 32bit, Controller Via 6421

I hope it will help you...

Greetings

Thanks a ton Cyminator!  This did it for me.  After loading the driver and rebooting I tried and everything was perfect.  Thanks!