xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [spoofing] Lite-on ---> Samsung  (Read 106 times)

Proppo

• Archived User
[spoofing] Lite-on ---> Samsung
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

Well, extracting the drives key is that hard part.  If you do that, you may aswell just use the liteon drive.  Spoofing from one drive to the next isn't 100% life safe, no one has been banned as far as I know, just each drive responds differently.

So basically, if you go to the hastle of getting the key, you may aswell use that drive.

Torgospizza

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Proppo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:50 PM) *

So basically, if you go to the hastle of getting the key, you may aswell use that drive.

That is what I was thinking.  I can still use the Sammy in a PC I use just for making backups.  Who knows... maybe I can get the Xenon working again, now I have a replacement to aleviate "downtime" for the kids.  I'll be doing something soon.  I still don't trust my four-year old with the original disks and I can't be around when I'm at work.

All things considered, I'm surprised the Xenon lasted this long.  I picked a Jasper replacement on purpose hoping the smaller die sizes will pay off in the long run when it comes to heat issues.

kaneda_77

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(letsmod @ Oct 23 2008, 10:41 AM) View Post

clarified:

Lite-on to ms28 or ms25
Use firmware toolbox 4.8

Basically
1) Get key of original drive (Lite-On Phillips) ---- 360xtractor or usee rs232
2)Dump your MS28
3)replace MS28 key with lite-on Key
4)convert to IX14
5) spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
6) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset)

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a NON-legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset) (basically Via card)

I don't have the option to go back to the Lite on drive. I have a Samsung TS-H943 drive(MS25). I got all of the files from the Lite-on via Xtractor(inquiry.bin, dummy.bin, key.bin.. etc). Otherwise I would just flash the liteon drive. I want to flash to ix1.5 and it seems that the tools are not as cooperative. So here is my questions.
Legacy means onboard right? vs. a non-legacy pci card?
I've flashed several drives in the past but never spoofed one. First thing I need is a MS28 dump SAM-OFW.bin correct?
Do I have to convert to ix1.4 before I do the ix1.5 step?

I'm using these for reference:
http://team-xecuter....ck3/samsung.htm
http://beta.ivancove...D2S_Extract_Key

LoS HimSelF

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »

i dont think anyone really answered the question?

I have a lite-on that i am 99% sure i bricked but i have the Key, but not any of the bin files... Cant i just copy and paste the key and spoof it like that, or do i need the inquiry bin file? Any help would be great

kaneda_77

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 03:44:00 AM »

Technically from what I have read, I think you can get it to work with the key, but you may stand a higher chance of getting banned by M$. The pros will pipe in when they get a chance.

subliminaltrips

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(kaneda_77 @ Mar 19 2009, 05:44 AM) View Post

Technically from what I have read, I think you can get it to work with the key, but you may stand a higher chance of getting banned by M$. The pros will pipe in when they get a chance.

can anyone confirm this? i have my key written down and cant pull .bin's. can i just enter the key into my sammy?

modguru.gr

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(subliminaltrips @ Mar 24 2011, 07:41 AM) View Post

can anyone confirm this? i have my key written down and cant pull .bin's. can i just enter the key into my sammy?

yes you can do this but ..
in the new dasboards  after the kinect you can not spoof a samsung as liteon the m$ has locked .
but you can buy a lite on drive any lite on 74xxx 83xxx 94xxx and spoofed with your key and you are done ...

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »

that isn't 100% right either.  you can spoof all day long, u just won't be able to play any ap25 games and you are detectable.
Pages: 1 [2]