xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Samsung Ms28 To Other Samsung Drive  (Read 73 times)

Lynas

• Archived User
New Samsung Ms28 To Other Samsung Drive
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:40:00 PM »

I've got an MS28 here and want to swap out an old tired drive that won't play originals (it's unflashed)

Now as I see it here's what I should be doing:

1. Read OLD key using Iprep to get key (dsam 1234567 12345)
2. Unplug old drive and connect new one
3. fsam 1234567 12345 to NEW drive.

Question, should I use Toolbox and do this in windows or is my simple method acceptable ie, if it's an MS25 will this work or if not what's the best tool to spoof an MS25 to MS28?

If they are the same variant, would the simple 3 steps above work?

I've searched and read and couldn't find a definate answer.

PS: Apologies for the stupid question but it's not my box and I don't want to brick it.

PPS: I did a 79f using the slax method, worked a charm first time. Good stuff!

arjunanand1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lynas @ Oct 22 2008, 11:40 PM) *

I've got an MS28 here and want to swap out an old tired drive that won't play originals (it's unflashed)

Now as I see it here's what I should be doing:

1. Read OLD key using Iprep to get key (dsam 1234567 12345)
2. Unplug old drive and connect new one
3. fsam 1234567 12345 to NEW drive.
Question, should I use Toolbox and do this in windows or is my simple method acceptable ie, if it's an MS25 will this work or if not what's the best tool to spoof an MS25 to MS28?

If they are the same variant, would the simple 3 steps above work?

I've searched and read and couldn't find a definate answer.

PS: Apologies for the stupid question but it's not my box and I don't want to brick it.

PPS: I did a 79f using the slax method, worked a charm first time. Good stuff!

Its simple to swap sammy drives. Get a dump of the original fw from the drive you are going to replace. Throw it into the ixtreme folder and use the "Make ixtreme fw" tool and spoof it to ms28.
Copy this new ix12.bin to the usb drive which you made with iprep. Restart pc, boot the usb and then type in:

mtkflash w /m ix12.bin

Flash and ur done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Do you want a hacked firmware?

If you don't want a hacked firmware you can just swap the circuit boards. This saves from having to do any flashing of any kind and only takes a minute.

ghaladream

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Oct 22 2008, 06:56 PM) *

Do you want a hacked firmware?

If you don't want a hacked firmware you can just swap the circuit boards. This saves from having to do any flashing of any kind and only takes a minute.

^^ What he said. I did this for a friend a while back who didn't want hacked firmware, worked like a charm.

Lynas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 04:13:00 PM »

Hi guys, at first he didn't want a modded FW now he does...

Is using the fben and dben way not the best to do then, swapping drives over after dben from iprep or is MKTFLASH better?

I'm still pretty new to this... I thought getting the key with dben and then flashing with fben would have been the way forward...

I take it no specific spoofing is required then even if it is a different variant?

Can you use windows based tools to read etc..?

This post has been edited by Lynas: Today, 12:16 AM

ghaladream

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 04:44:00 PM »

I use Dosflash32 1.6 to flash my BenQ. It's a windows-based app, and it sends the correct "Magic" strings to the benq drive to make it writable. I *think* you have to have a VIA6421  SATA card/interface for it to work though, but I'm not sure. I don't even use iPrep anymore.

Here's how I do it:

While in windows, connect the SATA cable to the BenQ drive and power it up. Nothing will happen initially.
Open DosFlash32, after a few seconds a popup will appear that says "MTK vendor info failed on port xxxx". Click NO until you see a message that says "BenQ VAD6038 was detected on port xxxx (remember this port), do you want to send the magic keys etc" then click YES and choose the port it said from the pull down list. Make sure the TYPE is "Serial with Status 0x73" and you're ready to flash the BenQ!

This post has been edited by ghaladream: Today, 12:50 AM

arjunanand1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »

dude follow the method i posted above or check this post from sosotiit for "extra detail".