xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [spoofing] Lite-on ---> Samsung  (Read 115 times)

potatoes2

• Archived User
[spoofing] Lite-on ---> Samsung
« on: October 23, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »

Just a quick question, since Lite-On is still all the rage since there's no "easy" way to do it.

I'm sure my situation is the same as hundreds of other forum lurkers..

So my question is..

If I wanted to spoof a samsung drive with a key that was extracted from the lite-on.. then all I have to do is get the key somehow (Xtractor 360....), then make the new FW in Iprep and use MKTFlash etc to "inject" the spoofed key into the FW right?

Drjones

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

never done a lite-on..

I imagine it's the same as other spoofs...

get the lite-on key
get sammy fw
inject key into sammy and spoof in fwtoolbox
flash with mtkflash

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(potatoes2 @ Oct 23 2008, 04:51 PM) *

Just a quick question, since Lite-On is still all the rage since there's no "easy" way to do it.

So my question is..

If I wanted to spoof a samsung drive with a key that was extracted from the lite-on.. then all I have to do is get the key somehow (Xtractor 360....), then make the new FW in Iprep and use MKTFlash etc to "inject" the spoofed key into the FW right?

Lite-on to ms28 or ms25
Use firmware toolbox    
Basically
1/ Get key of original drive---- lite-on   use rs232
2/open your new drive firmware   e.g. ms28
3/ insert key of original drive----lite-on use key.bin
4/ patch with extreme 1.4
5/ spoof drive as original drive --- lite-on     select custom use inquiry.bin
6/ flash new drive---- use iprep mtkflash

This post has been edited by buddy6: Oct 23 2008, 08:05 PM

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(buddy6 @ Oct 23 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post

Lite-on to ms28 or ms25
Use firmware toolbox    
Basically
1/ Get key of original drive---- lite-on   use rs232
2/open your new drive firmware   e.g. ms28
3/ insert key of original drive----lite-on use key.bin
4/ patch with extreme 1.4
5/ spoof drive as original drive --- lite-on     select custom use inquiry.bin
6/ flash new drive---- use iprep mtkflash

Pretty much sums it up.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »

clarified:

Lite-on to ms28 or ms25
Use firmware toolbox 4.8

Basically
1) Get key of original drive (Lite-On Phillips) ---- 360xtractor or usee rs232
2)Dump your MS28
3)replace MS28 key with lite-on Key
4)convert to IX14
5) spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
6) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset)
1) DUMP Samsung orig.bin
2) convert to IX14
3) get 3 files using xtractor software
4) spoof (self explanitory in xtractor software)
5) flash Samsung with new file

If you have a 360xtractor tool and a NON-legacy SATA mainboard (intel chipset) (basically Via card)
1) DUMP Samsung orig.bin
2) convert to IX14
3) Using DVDkey32 get key.bin and inquiry.bin
4) Open Key.bin in hexeditor and write down keys
5) replace MS28 key with lite-on Key with FW toolbox 4.8
6) Convert Samsung to IX14
7) Spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting (fw toolbox) --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
8) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

yaro127

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »

I replaced liteon drive with samsung ms28 in my xbox, spoofing and flashing process without problems(inquiry.bin,identify.bin,key.bin, iXtreme 1.4 firmware ,360drive switcher, Iprep) new sammy works fine, its recognised by xbox, dvd movies are working,original games too but.. the backup copies of games are not  sad.gif  why? I do not understand  blink.gif  please... some one can help me???

gevurgazi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

Did you hack the original firmware with Xtreme 1.4? What i mean is, you might have just added the key and spoofed sammy original firmware without installing Xtreme. I can't think of anything else to be honest.

buddy6

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaro127 @ Nov 10 2008, 11:21 AM) View Post

I replaced liteon drive with samsung ms28 in my xbox, spoofing and flashing process without problems(inquiry.bin,identify.bin,key.bin, iXtreme 1.4 firmware ,360drive switcher, Iprep) new sammy works fine, its recognised by xbox, dvd movies are working,original games too but.. the backup copies of games are not  sad.gif  why? I do not understand  blink.gif  please... some one can help me???

does the firmware that you flashed to your ms25 look like this
open it up in firmware toolbox have a look
IPB Image

Spadesluck

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(potatoes2 @ Oct 23 2008, 04:51 PM) View Post

So my question is..

What kind of DVD'rs are you using? I found mine did not like to certain brands. I did the exact same thing you are trying as well went from Lite-On to Samsung and I use TDK DVD+DL R.

yaro127

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(buddy6 @ Nov 10 2008, 07:01 PM) View Post

IPB Image

Yes it looks exactly like this ! and I was mistaken , original games dosent work too,only movies are working.  I guess the key is wrong sad.gif the guy who extraced key just f..k me or he mess something up and give me wrong key  mad.gif

after all thx for help   smile.gif

IPB Image

Yes it looks exactly like this ! and I was mistaken , original games dosent work too,only movies are working.  I guess the key is wrong sad.gif the guy who extraced key just f..k me or he mess something up and give me wrong key  mad.gif

IPB Image

Yes it looks exactly like this ! but I was mistaken , original games doesn't work too,only movies are working.  I guess the key is wrong sad.gif the guy who extracted key form liteon just f..k me or he mess something up and give me wrong key  mad.gif

xb-360

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 02:34:00 AM »

IS this basically the hardware you use and the software that I have a link at the bottom of that page,  Youtube Tuts.  3 of them.  I see Maximux mentioned here and toolbox but none of these tools are mentioned from this ebay link below.  no mention of toolbox nor iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6.  WIll I need the toolbox or any of these other tools mentioned if I use that hardware and software link below?

I will be buying the new Elite Xbox which will have the liteon drive.  I will also be purchasing a Samsung/LG ms28 so not sure if this ebay item and software will work or not?

I will still have to jumper the drive as some links show correct?  Using conductivity paint is what I would use or jumper wire?

Here is the link:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330284864050&_trksid=p2759.l1259

It seems reasonable because for me to purchase the R3232 and connectivity devices separately I probably would spend nearly that amount.

I will also help out some friends as well so it might be well worth the money?

Also this way everything is in one board.

The question is will the software they provide work to flash the Samsung drive or will I need some other software you mention in this thread?

I have linux fedora and mandriva running on the same machine as the windows xp machine

Windows XP on a gigabyte MB using intel chipset core 2 duo and no legacy chipsets  With SATA of course.

Mac OSX on 2 quad core Macintosh workstation less than 6 months old with vmware fusion running both xp and linux.  Not slax but easy to install in vmware fusion.  Although there are no RS232 ports on a MAC!!

Thanks

This post has been edited by xb-360: Nov 11 2008, 10:45 AM

lilmike09

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(letsmod @ Oct 23 2008, 12:41 PM) View Post

clarified:

Lite-on to ms28 or ms25
Use firmware toolbox 4.8

Basically
1) Get key of original drive (Lite-On Phillips) ---- 360xtractor or usee rs232
2)Dump your MS28
3)replace MS28 key with lite-on Key
4)convert to IX14
5) spoof drive using CUSTOM Setting --- lite-on select custom use inquiry.bin
6) flash new drive---- use iprep, mtkflash, or dosflash 1.6

Is this possible to do without inquiry.bin? i had someone on ebay extract my drive key, but they say they cannot get the inquiry.bin, becuase they damaged my lite-on drive (but have sent me a replacement samsung ms28). When i use firmware toolbox i follow all the steps you say, except when i get to step 5, i cannot choose custom, becuase i don't have inquiry.bin, but there is an option to spoof as lite-on, it says it will work but is reccomended to use "custom" option with inquiry.bin...  Long story short, i don't have inquiry.bin will the spoof still work without it by choosing the spoof as lite-on option?

frosty1

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 05:47:00 AM »

Hi .. quick question... in order to spoof the sammy (assuming the sammy has already been flashed with Ixtreme at one point) as a lite-on do you need the original firmware of the sammy or can you dump the hacked one and then inject the keys of the lite-on?

This post has been edited by frosty1: Jan 7 2009, 01:47 PM

Bravo1

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(frosty1 @ Jan 7 2009, 04:23 AM) View Post

Hi .. quick question... in order to spoof the sammy (assuming the sammy has already been flashed with Ixtreme at one point) as a lite-on do you need the original firmware of the sammy or can you dump the hacked one and then inject the keys of the lite-on?

Anyone able to answer this one yet?

I have a Lite-On drive and have extracted my key.  Could I just inject this key into my Sammy MS-28 that is running the ixtreme 1.4 and drop it into my 360?

Torgospizza

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

I find it an interesting question since I find myself in a similar situation.  I just purchased Jasper Arcade to replace my RROD 1st Gen.  (It got to the point where adjusting the heatsink any further is pointless.)

Now I find myself in the situation where I can either flash the Arcade's Lite-On or use my old Sammy 25 in the Arcade.  I might post this in a separate thread later, but is there any advantage to use the Sammy in the Arcade with spoofed firmware?  (I'd probably update the iXtreme to 1.5 while I was at it.)

Opinions?
Pages: [1] 2