xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hd To Pc (alternative To Ftp) Please Help  (Read 136 times)

pakman21

• Archived User
Xbox Hd To Pc (alternative To Ftp) Please Help
« on: October 14, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »

Hi, I want to transfer all my games off my 120 XBOX HD, and put a bulk of them on my PC hard drive. I need to do this temporarly while i update my xbox with slayers 2.6 disc, but i dont want to reformat and lose all my data.

I was wondering, is there a program that I can use that would let me (if i took out my XBOX HD and connected it to my PC)... allow me to explore the XBOX harddrive and copy and paste folders and files directly onto my PC?

please help, FTP is not an alternative... lately i've been getting speeds of 200 KB/sec with a cross over cable.

This post has been edited by pakman21 on Oct 14 2004, 07:34 AM

1hotjob

• Archived User
Xbox Hd To Pc (alternative To Ftp) Please Help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

Why don't you want to FTP? Start it and let it run all night. You will have it done faster than waiting on a good work around. (I believe the file formats are different)

You can use windows explorer to copy the files over with the crossover cable if you don't like the FTP software.

There is a tutorial on this on xbox scene. I have used this many times. The command should be ftp://xbox:[email protected] or whatever your xbox's IP address is.

Hope this helps. I am new, but read everything I can to learn. I am having problems and am hoping someone here can help me too.