xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Read, Bricked, Cant Write (ms25)  (Read 36 times)

RoCk-Box

• Archived User
Read, Bricked, Cant Write (ms25)
« on: October 10, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

Hey guys. I had a fresh ms25 with original f/w on it. I decided to flash it. I have the VIS chipset card that everyone reccommends. I was able to read the firmware just fine and i have the key. After the reading process i restarted my pc and upon trying to flash, it said no f/w existed on the usb drive and the drive only blinked from then on. I decided to try to patch the xtreme fw myself with the key and i did so. I made a recovery usb in iprep using my hacked f/w (thus flashing the "original" f/w back onto the drive with the key and ixtreme. When i try to flash, i try to do the bad flash recovery method (10 second trick). The drive does get read by MTKFlash but when i select the option for my xtreme pri master and turn the drive on 10 sec after that, it does nothing. ive tried many different timings. once in a while it will detect the chip type and it looks like its starting to flash. If i let it go for a few minutes it will at first hang at 00% and then zoom all the way up to 100%, it then says Bank0 Done! and then looks like its flashing bank1. it then hangs at 00 forever. I have no clue why i cannot get this thig to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »

Try this, hook up another samsung drive, go through the process

type mtkflash w /m hacked.bin

it will bring up the thing were you select your port the drive is on, remove power and SATA from the other samsung drive and  then select the port, then plug in the SATA on your samsung drive, then plug in the power.  This might work, the hot swap method.

If not I got spare samsung drive boards if you need a new drive board I sell em for $20 + ship, will throw on hacked firmware with key for $10 more.

This post has been edited by BoNg420: Oct 10 2008, 04:20 PM

RoCk-Box

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »

I have tried the "bad flash method" with a drive. It actually still recognizes my drive in mtkflash it just doesnt want to flash it. I dont understand why this would happen as i was about to talk o the drive and retrieve the firmware and key for it. I can see my drive even now in mtkflash but when i hit the option and try the timing trick it sticks at the a0 message or the 00 thing from my first post happens. there has to be a way to fix this.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »

Yea did you try the hot swap method like I explained

I believe the bad flash method is another name for the 10 sec trick