xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on To Hitachi Flash  (Read 77 times)

Zellcorp

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »

Ive extracted my lite-on key and spoofed the new firmware ive tried then flashing this new firmware onto a Hitachi 59 but after tring many options to flash it just began flashing then froze fw toolbox 1/2 way though the flash and then bricked the drive.

Im willing to accept that this 59 is now bricked but I also have a 47dj here now how exactly do I go about flashing this drive without bricking it like the 59? What are the steps I need to take after ive created my firmware spoof?

thanks
Z

Dra60nSlayer

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »

I did the exact same thing...
bricked a 59..

this is why (i think)
The drive seemed to be original.. but later i realized that it had a firmware with FirmGuard..
Allways return the drive to original before flashing a new firmware.
"boot" the 0800 disk.. just to be sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I had to desolder the flash memmory on mine to recover the 59

calloused labia

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Zellcorp @ Oct 9 2008, 11:13 AM) *
Ive extracted my lite-on key and spoofed the new firmware ive tried then flashing this new firmware onto a Hitachi 59 but after tring many options to flash it just began flashing then froze fw toolbox 1/2 way though the flash and then bricked the drive.

Im willing to accept that this 59 is now bricked but I also have a 47dj here now how exactly do I go about flashing this drive without bricking it like the 59? What are the steps I need to take after ive created my firmware spoof?

thanks
Z

IMPORTANT Before you flash make sure the HATACHI drive you are flashing has the stock firmware. Some of the information in the following instructions are specific to the 47dj

Making the spoofed firmware

Open 360 Firmware Toolbox 4.8
Select File==>Open, and find the hacked firmware for the Hatachi 47 Drive.  In your case you would want 47_16-8x.bin for 8x.
 Copy the Lite-On DVD key and paste it into the Key field under the Key and Click "Save Key".
Select Tools==> Spoof Firmware. In the selection box pick "Custom (Requires inquiry.bin)" and click "Apply Spoof."
In the next file dialog that's popping up, find and select the INQUIRY.BIN file from the Lite-On
dump. This file includes the unique identifier for the drive. Click Ok and a message will report the
change was made.

To verify and view the unique identifier, select Tools and Spoof Firmware again, and look at the top of window under Current Detection String. This is the real spoof string.

The firmware should now be ready and can be flashed back to the drive.

FLASHING TO AN OLDER HATACHI USING FWTB 47dj

Load your recently spoofed FW into FWTB. Or if you haven't done anything since the last step it should already be loaded.
Click on Tools==> Direct Drive Flash (GDR ONLY)==> Differential Flash (PATCH)
Select "USE CLASSIC MODE TO READ DIFFERENCES"
CLICK READ AND DETECT DIFFERENCES
On this screen, you will have a drop down menu with the option to choose an external programmer or use  hatachi flashing programs for the older drives. Make sure to choose the program in the drop down for the 47.
Click  START FLASHING

This post has been edited by calloused labia: Oct 9 2008, 09:24 PM

MODMANMIKE

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »

Worked like a charm 4 e tks

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »

how can you tell if the hitachi drive has it's original "virgin" factory firmware in it?

calloused labia

• Archived User
Lite-on To Hitachi Flash
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(SpIdErXeN @ Oct 10 2008, 05:13 PM) *
how can you tell if the hitachi drive has it's original "virgin" factory firmware in it?

When you dump the firmware and open it in FWTB it will tell you. Textbooks Tutorial also explains how to do it with another proggie.

http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/details/id=61.html

This post has been edited by calloused labia: Oct 10 2008, 10:22 PM