xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite On Replacement Issues  (Read 106 times)

MODMANMIKE

• Archived User
Lite On Replacement Issues
« on: October 09, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »

ok guys i bought a maximus xbox 360 extractor properly dumped my info used 360 xtractor to create my new firmware for a samsung drive ,flashed drive ok it will play backups fine ,but open tray errors on originals????? any ideas i have a hitachi to try next .btw what tool are u guys using to hitachi as a lite on ty

calloused labia

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(MODMANMIKE @ Oct 9 2008, 11:09 AM) *
ok guys i bought a maximus xbox 360 extractor properly dumped my info used 360 xtractor to create my new firmware for a samsung drive ,flashed drive ok it will play backups fine ,but open tray errors on originals????? any ideas i have a hitachi to try next .btw what tool are u guys using to hitachi as a lite on ty

Very strange you can't play originals. I wish I had a solid answer. I know there are reported problems with Maximius's connectivity kit. Perhaps this is another problem that arises when using it under certain conditions. (speculation)

Please make sure you used the latest version of the Maximus software to spoof, cause the older versions are leaving people with improper ID strings that could lead to bans.

For Hardware,
I am using a VIA 6421 L card,  the original xecuter connectivity kit (for power) and a, $10 cable with 3232 chip (for liteon key extraction).

For Software
For software I am using dvdkey to extract info from the Liteon,  FWTB 4.8 to spoof the firmware, and depending on which drive I am going to use in place of the Liteon, I either use MTKFLASH (samsung), DOSFLASH (BenQ) or FWTB ( Hatachi) to flash the spoofed hacked firmware back to the drive.

smokeDOGGbaby

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

Maybe the samsung wasnt a new drive and cant read some media , I have had this happen to me before. If you can try another drive and see if the same happens.

Hope this helps

dragon45801

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

what speed firmware did you flash with and what speed do you burn backups at? just curious

MODMANMIKE

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »

flashed it with 8x burns at 4x

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »

I had a similar issue but was a random E-65 error on originals.

I took my MS28 orig.bin from samsung, created a ix14.bin, opened IX14 in FW  toolbox 4.8, used CUSTOM setting to spoof, pointed to the inquiry.bin, then flashed that to samsung, no isses since, maybe it was B_06 or just needed to be flashed again.