xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Maximus - 360 Xtractor Reader Beta 0.3  (Read 149 times)

Yoshihiro

• Archived User
Maximus - 360 Xtractor Reader Beta 0.3
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 12:49:00 PM »

New version out : Beta 05

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Maximus - 360 Xtractor Reader Beta 0.5
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Intherim Release, this functionallity will be added to Fw Toolbox soon

New on B.5
   - FIXED : Bug showing wrong key when it contains a "00" on it
   - ADDED : SPOOF File Generation Option (it patches both, inquiry and
             identify routines).

*Note: If you plan to flash the resultant firmware with Firmware Toolbox
       (if the destination drive is a hitachi), take note Firmware Toolbox
       will not open properly the resultant file since Toolbox does not
       yet full spoof, we are working on a new release to fix that.
       Samsung generated files can be flashed with mtkflash as usual.

(IMG:http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7515/xtractor360toolro3.th.jpg)(IMG:http://img338.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif)

Download here : Xtractor Reader Beta 05.rar

This post has been edited by Yoshihiro: Today, 08:58 PM

farntheplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

do i need to use the maximus xtractor tool for this to work?

because when i hooked this up to my via sata card it didn't work

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Sep 24 2008, 03:48 PM) *

It was in 4.0

yes but what does it do

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 01:00:00 AM »

AKA - The anti Passkey patch, as it was named when it was first publically released.

The info was always there, and 'others' knew about it but it was never made public until Podger.

Leaving a v79 flashable after first hack, no unlock/passkey required.

Removes the one bit protection the passkey initially overcame.

Yoshihiro

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(farntheplaya @ Sep 25 2008, 04:42 AM) *

do i need to use the maximus xtractor tool for this to work?

because when i hooked this up to my via sata card it didn't work

Hi Yes you can use it without 360 Xtractor if wont work you can contact the maximus team .

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Sep 25 2008, 09:00 AM) *

AKA - The anti Passkey patch, as it was named when it was first publically released.

The info was always there, and 'others' knew about it but it was never made public until Podger.

Leaving a v79 flashable after first hack, no unlock/passkey required.

Removes the one bit protection the passkey initially overcame.

hi oggy you know how work the 79 Flash R/W Enabler ?  
you need to enable it in hitachi drive RAM so you need to write the good byte to good offset i can say that can be done without the data track . but need some work smile.gif

PS: where you have read maximus can do it since longtime to firmware toolbox you cant compare a modchip hack and a sata ram hack on xbox 360 drive .

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »

I have never compared a hardware mod to a software one (only praised them both for doing what they were intended for)

Also, I said the nocheck firmware was in toolbox 4.0 not the soft unlock.

Either, your English is letting you down, or you want to believe Im saying something Im not.

The anti passkey patch (or nocheck firmware) removes the one bit protection after intial passkey install (well, it did upon release) - the passkey was always needed for this, of course until 79unlock.

I know maximus knew about this before, it was disabled in F/W TB 4.0 but not released until 4.7

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Oct 8 2008, 11:00 PM) *

So, this tool, is infact a waste of time (as of 0.8b) unless, you have a motherboard that supports SATA as Native IDE....9/10 will use DVDKey 1.2 / 32 anyway.. rendering this almost worthless????

And only now, 0.8b does it actually do more than toolbox done in the first place, therefore, shouldnt have been released until it surpassed toolbox, as that was its intended purpose????

Why rush these things out? The overpriced tool isnt even on sale yet and we have had how many unreliable beta's?

What happened to closed doors beta testing??? Not letting people who could spoof it with no Identify/Inquriy and know no different because they assume its been beta tested before public release...Yes its beta, but completely untested beta?

You are shitting me?

Not a waste of time buddy, this tool did the identify.bin before other tools did it, also you can use cheap IDE-SATA adapter to do the trick, you will suprised how many people are taking that way instead of configuring their pcs or getting the sata addresses.

The intended purpose is to provide our own tool with our own support and the hability to do our own customization when we need it.

And m8, the issues we have found on the application since first release are not critical, just the one pointed by podger (and he refused to give us details on first instance), but fortunatelly we fixed it before the product reach stores so I think the beta was tested enough before launch.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 12:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Oct 9 2008, 02:16 AM) *

Not a waste of time buddy, this tool did the identify.bin before other tools did it, also you can use cheap IDE-SATA adapter to do the trick, you will suprised how many people are taking that way instead of configuring their pcs or getting the sata addresses.

The intended purpose is to provide our own tool with our own support and the hability to do our own customization when we need it.

And m8, the issues we have found on the application since first release are not critical, just the one pointed by podger (and he refused to give us details on first instance), but fortunatelly we fixed it before the product reach stores so I think the beta was tested enough before launch.

How ironic, the guy who done the main bulk of your beta testing and highlighted the flaws, was the same guy who smashed your passkey out of the water.

You state it was the first tool to support Identify.bin handling/insertion....Wasnt the sole aspect of this 'part' of the tool to actually insert it properly?? It clearly wasnt tested internally as isnt that what you 'should' have been checking??? I mean, the first tool to insert it and it wasnt even doing it properly. Where do I sign?

6USD for a IDE->SATA converter?? How much are the RS3232 Interfaces, and USB ->Serial converters these days? Alot cheaper than 'the xtracter' +PATA->SATA converters thats for sure- Lets buy a tool that supports it all, but I still need a converter to get it to work....Go figure.

Oh wait it supports modeb, not sure if it does for v78/v79's - You dont even need to reboot for modeb anymore thanks to that guy again, your main beta tester, podger.... So thats a pretty null selling point

As of 0.7 it was only ever as good (or not as godd??? stealth?) as Toolbox, which, I must thank you for, fantastic tool.....Why didny you just incorporate it into this?

Or did you need a selling point for your Xtracter?

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »

*** Important ***

As Maximus didn't say it I will.

If you spoofed your BenQ with version 0.7 and below you need to spoof again with 0.8 and re-flash it....If you want to keep the best possible prtotection against bannings

Let me first start by saying, the intention here is not to start a pissing contest with Maximus...

A serious flaw was spotted by Podger in version 0.7, to call this a bug is and understatement to say the least...

The flaw was posted on IRC 3 days ago in private channels where people who often speak for Maximus hang out, Maximus has to be out of his mind if he thinks anyone not to mention serious hackers/developers are going to contact him via e-mail, especially not at c*rranz*[email protected].... FFS, does he not know Hotmail is owned and maintained by M$....

The test was as basic as it gets, and yet 2 weeks after release, no-one in Maximus' team had performed it...

Identity.bin returned from lite-on was as follows..

CODE

0000: C0 85 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .................

0010: 00 00 00 00 44 36 30 38 - 43 47 38 31 36 38 30 39 .....D608xxxxxxxx

0020: 30 30 32 51 30 20 20 20 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 34 37 002Q0   .......47

0030: 35 38 43 30 20 20 4C 50 - 53 44 20 20 20 20 47 44 58C0  LPSD    GD

0040: 31 2D 44 36 53 32 20 20 - 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 1-D6S2

Notice PLDS is obfuscated because of the big to little endian conversion of the 16 bit data port, this is normal, this data should then be patched into the donor BenQ firmare in such a way that the BenQ responds in an identical fashion to the target Lite-On....

*** This is the whole concept of spoofing ***

However, Maximus's "Untested" tool (0.7b and below) the Identity.bin returned from the Benq was as follows...
CODE

0000: C0 85 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .................

0010: 00 00 00 00 36 44 38 30 - 47 43 31 38 38 36 39 30 .....6D80xxxxxxxx

0020: 30 30 51 32 20 30 20 20 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 37 34 00Q2 0  .......74

0030: 38 35 30 43 20 20 50 4C - 44 53 20 20 20 20 44 47 850C  PLDS    DG

0040: 2D 31 36 44 32 53 20 20 - 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 -16D2S

Notice it's not swapped any more??? Making the identify a complete magnet to any Ban Hammer....

With a flaw like this, Max can't possibly stand over this body work... Releasing this to the public in this condition is nothing short of wreckless....

This post has been edited by OggyUK: Oct 9 2008, 04:43 PM

calloused labia

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »

Wow. This is good to know. This new tool is an over priced POS as I suspected.

So not only does it offer nothing new, it is also gonna ban your 360 unless you update it. Sad.

Thanks Podger, Oggy, Seventh son, Germania ( forget spelling),  C4eva, and anyone else who is bringing reliable software to the masses instead of trying to make a quick buck.

Has anybody checked FWTB for shoddy workmanship?

This post has been edited by calloused labia: Oct 9 2008, 05:27 PM

sparky2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

OOhhh indeed unreliable / overpriced / guess it aint gonna get that ronseal stamp off approval then. IE: Does exactly what it says on the tin. Well maybe it does but by the sounds of it no more than is already out there.

Well also given the fact it was a preorder item on 29th Sept any issues should have been well and truely ironed out before release, i for one assumed beta was a term used for testing a product, so were looking at testing this tool at a price and maybe even a higher price with a ban then report back stating this and that aint working??.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

This post has been edited by sparky2k1: Oct 9 2008, 10:53 PM

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(calloused labia @ Oct 9 2008, 12:26 PM) *

Well, the exact issue that Oggy is discussing above (identify string) is not changed by 360FWTB when it performs any spoofing, unless max has fixed it in the most current revision.  I have done this for a long time in both samtool and firmtool.  When you attempt to open a firmware where the identify is spoofed, it incorrectly detects the firmware type and loads incorrect information.  I assume that when he says above, "this tool did the identify.bin before other tools did it" he is purely referring to this application only.  Why not implement it in your other applications as well?

In addition to that, he does not copy the BENQ serial when creating/patching hacked benq firmware from an original benq source.  This is used to unlock the drive and should be checked/copied in my opinion.  This is the primary reason it was not recommended to use 360FWTB with BenQ firmware when it was released until he fixed it.

Regards,

Caster.

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »

Posted in another topic but it relates to what i said above...

(1) Firmware created with firmtool
(IMG:http://caster420.360mods.net/ftsamsungspoof.jpg)

2) Firmtool created firmware opened with 360 Firmware Toolbox
(IMG:http://caster420.360mods.net/360fwtbftspoofed.jpg)

3) 360 Firmware Toolbox v4.7 spoofing the same type of firmware...
(IMG:http://caster420.360mods.net/360fwtbspoof.jpg)

4) Hex comparison of two generated firmware...

(IMG:http://caster420.360mods.net/comparison.jpg)

Regards,

Caster.

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Oct 9 2008, 04:25 PM) *

*** Important ***

A serious flaw was spotted by Podger in version 0.7, to call this a bug is and understatement to say the least...

The flaw was posted on IRC 3 days ago in private channels where people who often speak for Maximus hang out, Maximus has to be out of his mind if he thinks anyone not to mention serious hackers/developers are going to contact him via e-mail, especially not at c*rranz*[email protected].... FFS, does he not know Hotmail is owned and maintained by M$....

Come on, you think M$ will delete my email just for giving me details of the bug ?  lol, he can also could pass the info to the ones that speaks with me instead of refusing

Identity.bin returned from lite-on was as follows..
bla bla bla

*** This is the whole concept of spoofing ***

However, Maximus's "Untested" tool (0.7b and below) the Identity.bin returned from the Benq was as follows...

With a flaw like this, Max can't possibly stand over this body work... Releasing this to the public in this condition is nothing short of wreckless....

Yes M8, and figure what...  if you only spoof inquiry like it was done on previous tutorials BEFORE this tool you are on same BANNER RISK (I would love to see somebody refuses this point)

Also, the bug just affected BENQ target drives, samsung and hitachis were OK, and OHH figure also this....   If you PATCH the ATA STRING mannually on hex editor (pasting the data on the identify.bin file over the target BENQ firmware) you will be on same situation as the bug !!!   so...  yes, I agree, thanks for pointing it... but the only reason to find the bug was because the tool was the first to attempt to patch it, before that you were on BANNER SITUATION  (even with first dvdkey32 not giving even the identify.bin at all).

And no, I dont care who did the finding on the bug, if he just gave me the detail I will be giving thanks as I always do, but he preffered use that information for his own purposes, At least I didnt leave the bug affected intentionally.

QUOTE(calloused labia @ Oct 9 2008, 05:26 PM) *

So not only does it offer nothing new, it is also gonna ban your 360 unless you update it. Sad.

Thanks Podger, Oggy, Seventh son, Germania ( forget spelling),  C4eva, and anyone else who is bringing reliable software to the masses instead of trying to make a quick buck.

QUOTE(sparky2k1 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:41 PM) *

Well also given the fact it was a preorder item on 29th Sept any issues should have been well and truely ironed out before release, i for one assumed beta was a term used for testing a product, so were looking at testing this tool at a price and maybe even a higher price with a ban then report back stating this and that aint working??.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)

Yes m8 go spoof benq manually or with previous tutorials who only patched INQUIRY and you will be surprised you will be on same situation.  And I think my software is also downloadable for free?  isn't?

If you could really understand 100% the problem you will see you need update your spoofing not just because "max had a bug" its because previous spoofings (done manually or spoofing only the inquiry) are also on same situation.  Nobody knows if ever will be used for banning but like you like to dramatize it I need to point it.

QUOTE(caster420 @ Oct 9 2008, 11:05 PM) *

In addition to that, he does not copy the BENQ serial when creating/patching hacked benq firmware from an original benq source.  This is used to unlock the drive and should be checked/copied in my opinion.  This is the primary reason it was not recommended to use 360FWTB with BenQ firmware when it was released until he fixed it.

Yes M8, I do know both situations and are fixed on next release, its fair to say works fine 99% times on the keys, and about the benq serial is same situation as before, fortunatelly I added on Toolbox 4.8 the "ASK" for inquiry.bin instead of patching with hardcoded values, that reliefs a bit while I have time to finish next release

This post has been edited by carranzafp: Oct 10 2008, 08:27 PM

carranzafp

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Oct 9 2008, 07:11 AM) *

Lets buy a tool that supports it all, but I still need a converter to get it to work....Go figure.

Oh wait it supports modeb, not sure if it does for v78/v79's - You dont even need to reboot for modeb anymore thanks to that guy again, your main beta tester, podger.... So thats a pretty null selling point

As of 0.7 it was only ever as good (or not as godd??? stealth?) as Toolbox, which, I must thank you for, fantastic tool.....Why didny you just incorporate it into this?

Or did you need a selling point for your Xtracter?

No need to buy ide-sata if your PC has legacy, also (and Podger knows this) If my xtractor reader application can work writing to standard IDE ports nothing is stoping me to write to any SATA port there is no BIG DEAL with that, just matter of changing hex address.  Its just limited (at this moment) to these well know addresses.  The hard job is done with the ata/atapi layer, after that just point to another address and away you go.

M8, you dont needed to reboot also with Xtractor Reader application using the button MODEB, and I just must say I incorporate this function since b.01, was my initals tests, and NO !!  I dont was the first to publish it, and also was not Podger, sorry if you are disappointed, the first was Seventhson, he released a ModeB application for windows .   Didnt you know it?  well you know it now

*** Important ***

Let me first start by saying, the intention here is not to start a pissing contest with Maximus...

Of course not...  lol

This post has been edited by carranzafp: Oct 10 2008, 08:45 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3