xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq Drive Bricked Or Not?  (Read 27 times)

n4pst3r1987

• Archived User
Benq Drive Bricked Or Not?
« on: September 19, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »

hi guys i have just replaced the lens in my benq vad6038 drive and put the drive back in my xbox everything was fine it booted to dashbored so went to open the drive it opened fine so powered of the xbox then turned it back on and tried to open the drive but it didnt open i dunno what to try it has a bran new rubber onit and a bran new laser there is power going to it cos i can see red coming out of the lazer and yes both plugs are plugged in just it wont open at all have i damaged it in anyway please guys any help would be nice thx

darkshadow2k8

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »

when u open the drive does the laser work is the motor spinning u may have a bricked drive but u may not

n4pst3r1987

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »

i dont hear anything all i see is red light coming out of the laser it was working but now it aint i dont understand it there is no visibal damage to the drive it just stopped working its really annoying the hell out of me

darkshadow2k8

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

yea it might of went happened to my dvd burner best thing i could say is get another benq than put the board from your old one to the new one so u dont have to flash a new key to it

Mushy2000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »

You might have screwed up the laser rail angle or something...have you tried to manually open the tray and put a dvd in there and see what happens?

n4pst3r1987

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 07:34:00 AM »

just realised why it wasnt working because i put the wrong drive in there both benq vad6038 drives but now i have a new problem i have no red lights but the light in the center is constantly flashing its as if im stuck in eject mode or something anyway to fix this?

n4pst3r1987

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »

any 1 know to fix this?