xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd_driver  (Read 191 times)

wally4000

• Archived User
Hdd_driver
« on: August 08, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

I hot swapped my xbox console into my pc (before seeing drives in dos) and then i could backup with hdd_driver but couldnt see any contents in the tree view!
I could see the drive in the device manager

Any help would be appreciated

Dell 170L computer
Celeron 2.4 ghtz
256mb ram

Wally

zipo1200

• Archived User
Hdd_driver
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

u may want to consider looking into the xboxhdm_v1.9 tools loocated under tools > hdd tools

the driver.exe is way out of date and is buggy. u should do some more research on how to look for your eeprom (liveinfo.exe) to find your hdd key. and use hdunlock and hdd disable to unlock and disable the lock of the hdd. then u can insert files and edit your ms dash.

before installing your hdd again to your xbox. its absolutely necesary to lock your hd again and use a password....probably better using the master password (xboxscene)

if your soft modding and want to install a new bios to the tosp, u need to look at your xbox version number and solder (v1.2 and higher) 2 drops of soldier) or (v1.0,1.1) with the sharp chip it gets more complicated.

good luck. unfortunatly my liveinfo gave me the wrong eeprom hdd password and i am trying to find information on how to locate it

more info and tutorials on soldiering  to enable tosp flashing in the tosp flashing forum

wally4000

• Archived User
Hdd_driver
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

hey hey it works :D:d

Thanks i owe you all :)

now to get to xbe signing.. :(

Thus tip for dell users dont use your dell try a HP instead as dell doesnt work with this mod for some reason
shitty ey