xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need Help With No Drive Detected While Flashing  (Read 331 times)

OggyUK

• Archived User
Need Help With No Drive Detected While Flashing
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(OggyUK @ Sep 1 2008, 08:00 AM) View Post

Let me know what you prefer and  Ill assist you further. I log in every day so dont get impatient.

Ho hum, I suppose you DO want a brick?

Im getting sick of spending hours helping people for them to throw it away in an instant because of impatience.

I bet you havent eben created your hacked firmware properly yet.

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

I'd be happy just using my original firmware again, but if we can get it to work hacked thats fine too.  Either way, I need help getting my PC to detected and write/read the dvdrom again

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(bencrinkle @ Sep 1 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

once you get to the part where it says you want to resend the MTK vendor intro command. and you press Y does it show your drive?

have you unplugged ALL your IDE/SATA cables except the 360?

Before I told the other fella I would not tinker until instructed further, my drive would not be found.  It would just keep searching.  I didnt let it try for more than a few minutes.

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »

The badflash method only works with via 6421 chipsets, not jmicron.
I've bricked samsung drives on purpose and I have never gotten the badflash method to re-write to it after it was bricked.
Good thing is that you seem to have a valid backup, because firmtool or whatever you used didnt write the key to sam-cfw.bin and then you flashed that on the drive, and that is the reason it wont read games.
It sounds like to me that it isnt bricked, being that when you flash a hacked firmware on the drive it enables a firmguard and because of firmguard you must unlock the drive first before you gain read/write privledges. Either use the badflash method using a via 6421 chipset or use the 0800 enable disc w/ your jmicron controller to unlock the drive for read/write access.
If it is indeed bricked the most sure shit fire way of unbricking it is hotswapping.

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

Hotswapping is using another samsung drive to enable read/write access on the bricked drive.
I have bricked them on purpose and this has worked everytime. biggrin.gif

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »

Just open your original firmware in fw toolbox and transfer the key to an xtreme firmware, rename it Sam-CFW.bin and place it in your backups folder and flash it on the drive.

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

holy crap I got my original firmware back on my system! thanks for all your help guys!  but when I took the ix14-8x.bin and updated my key with firmware tools, then I renamed it sam-cfw.bin and used Fsam serial # I got the flashing red lights?  Re-flashed original firmware and i'm golden! but how about the hacked?

KIPPERMAN32

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »

To be on the safe side m8, Id forget iprep and do it the manual way with mtkflash.

ie..

A - read firmare with command mtkflash r/ m orig.bin
B - Take ORIG.bin and place in folder with ix1.4 in windows and run bat file (agree yes to spoof as ms28)
C - Put the new file u just created back on floppy/usb pen and run  mtkflash w /m (wotever output file is called).bin

Hope this helps m8

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(KIPPERMAN32 @ Sep 4 2008, 03:15 PM) View Post

To be on the safe side m8, Id forget iprep and do it the manual way with mtkflash.

ie..

A - read firmare with command mtkflash r/ m orig.bin
B - Take ORIG.bin and place in folder with ix1.4 in windows and run bat file (agree yes to spoof as ms28)
C - Put the new file u just created back on floppy/usb pen and run  mtkflash w /m (wotever output file is called).bin
Hope this helps m8

So i'm spoofing ms28 and not ms25?  I thought sincei ts a ms25 drive i'd have to spoof that?  As in, I open the iextreme bin file, add my key and click spoof ms25 right?

KIPPERMAN32

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 03:47:00 AM »

Just use the bat file that comes with ix1.4.(forget toolbox etc...this all u need). Place ur orig.bin in the same folder and run the bat file. A dos window will open and say that ur `orig.bin` is ms25, and do u want to spoof the ix1.4 to act as ms25.  Just hit Y.. Reason is ix.1.4 is based on ms28 fw, so it needs spoofing to report back has ms25.(Ur origional drive type).    Honestly M8,,, this way will take u 10 mins max...when dos window opens and u hit Y.. It will show u your drive key...compare this say to the one u have already...although from experience it works everytime this way...Hope u understand wot i mean m8.  BTW in post above i meant spoof has ms25 not ms28 soz for the confusion. remember to put ur orig.bin in several safe places.

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(18visions @ Sep 5 2008, 09:27 PM) View Post

I get the red ring of light again after plugging in my HD, is it possible my HD has a anti hack update on it???

make that two rings, the burnt games work for a bit and then I get two red lights.  And the console sounds louder, its the fans?  What the eff now sad.gif

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »

It seems when putting hte case on I get 2 lights, as if I messed with a heatsink sensor or something and it over heats?? i'm lost heh.  Works fine with case off.

Just a Shadow

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »

So it will not rrod without the HDD?
Sounds like the memory might be overheating.

18visions

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Just a Shadow @ Sep 7 2008, 02:48 PM) View Post

So it will not rrod without the HDD?
Sounds like the memory might be overheating.

figured it out, I loosend a few black screws by accident.   Just had to re-tighten them.  All good now!
Pages: 1 [2]