xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Suspicious Of Extract-xiso's Reliability  (Read 218 times)

trejkaz

• Archived User
Getting Suspicious Of Extract-xiso's Reliability
« on: June 01, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

The first few images I created using extract-xiso were all peachy, but I'm starting to wonder how reliable it is.  The last few backups I made of various games don't seem to work, but there is really a big spectrum.

Some work fine.  (Halo is in this category.)

Some recently haven't even been readable on the Xbox at all.  (Blinx is in this category.)

But the really weird thing is, some don't boot, but both the media and data are perfectly okay because I can copy the files to the hard drive and run the same game off the hard drive!  (Manhunt is in this category.)

It's really confusing because creating a new image with identical content on it will always screw up in exactly the same fashion.  So it's not related to the actual burning software, but most likely something to do with the image itself.

At the moment I've switched to using UDF for all burns, which seems to work just as well as XISO format, plus it works on the PC just as well as the Xbox.  Oh yeah, and I can run games out of subdirectories on the CD fine with UDF too...

So I ask, what is the point of XISO format anyway, if UDF works just as well and is supported everywhere?

This post has been edited by trejkaz on Jun 2 2004, 12:32 AM

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »

I don't know if extract-xiso is the same as xiso or based on same code but read this.

And if you use craxtion to make or extract the iso's then it'll work perfectly every time.

trejkaz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

Well Craxtion doesn't really support the OS I run as far as I know, and neither does XISO...

And I'm still not sure what XISO format gives above simple, fast UDF.

This post has been edited by trejkaz on Jun 2 2004, 01:41 PM