xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Total Noob Needs Help (benq Drive)  (Read 46 times)

_shaka_

• Archived User
Total Noob Needs Help (benq Drive)
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:44:00 AM »

My xbox is brand new, Lot # 805 .

I used Iprep 101 v007.2 beta, a usb drive

(IMG:http://img195.imagevenue.com/loc134/th_87493_iprep_122_134lo.JPG)

and i followed the textbook tutorial and video, but i had no success =(

Im a total noob at this, but i read a lot about flashing before doing it, i tried to find a solution to my problem, but i didnt found anything.

I download home everest edition, and this is the information about my sata chipset (VIA VT8237)

(IMG:http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc83/th_88237_chipset_122_83lo.JPG)

When reading my drive, bank 0, 1 , 2 and 3 reads ok, then another screen appears saying :

"Error: File BACKUPS\serial#\serial#\Ben-OFW.bin does not exist! Program aborted!!"

here i made a video of my problem, its only 1:55 min

Benq Flashing Error

I dont know what am i doing wrong, then i go into windows and look at my usb drive files, and the file Ben-OFW.bin exist! and its 256kb, i dont know if its a good dump and thats why im afraid of flashing my dirve without first knowing if its a good dump of my OFW.

I opened my Ben-OFW.bin file in FwToolbox, and this is what appeared:

(IMG:http://img243.imagevenue.com/loc440/th_87492_fw_toolbox_122_440lo.JPG)

I dont really know what does it mean

Any ideas? and perhaps this is a stupid question... sorry if it has been answered, i really searched and found nothing that could help me, my xbox has now 2 days open and i dont know what to do.

This post has been edited by _shaka_: Jul 16 2008, 09:03 AM

j0shin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:01:00 AM »

I had the exact same problem yesterday when I flashed mine. From what I could figure out, it's just the file name that's wrong, I had a file named "benq-ofw.bin" in the backup folder, instead of "ben-ofw.bin". I solved this by downloading the iPrep 101 v006.2 Beta and used that instead.

In the forums on the X-Projects site there's a replacement exe, for people with problems when flashing BenQ drives, but I couldn't get that one to work either. You could have more success than me though, if you want to use the v007.2, which doesn't require any "manual" work.

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:15:00 AM »

Ive not encountered this issue but it appears iPrep has an error in its coding.

Use an older version of iPrep for now (0.6 as stated)

The coding appears to be creating a batch file for the filename Ben-OFW but it should be BenQ-OFW

Easy mistake to make and could have just been a typo (samsungs are 3 letters SAM-OFW, benq 4 letters BenQ-OFW......3 letters of BenQ would have been Ben-OFW as you are experiencing.)

_shaka_

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:19:00 AM »

Thanks a lot for your help, i flashed my drive successfully with v006.2 beta, the replacement exe for iprep v007.2 beta (fix) didnt worked,

but now it appears that my drive has a little of slow loading times, i will keep testing different backups and consider buying a samsung drive if the problem is too big

thanks again

j0shin

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:07:00 AM »

I have the same problem, loading BioShock takes forever. I have an MS28 drive lying around, but I don't think it was that much better with the samsung, if at all. Race Driver: GRID seems to be about the same.

It works, and I'm happy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

_shaka_

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »

really??? from what i have read, i thought samsung reads and loads everything perfect. My last xbox had a hitachi and it loaded everything perfect...... Then are hitachi drives better?

xmod4u

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(_shaka_ @ Jul 16 2008, 07:19 AM) *

but now it appears that my drive has a little of slow loading times, i will keep testing different backups and consider buying a samsung drive if the problem is too big

thanks again

What firmware speed did you take ?