xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Benq iXtreme 1.41 Rev 2 Non-Stealth Multispeed  (Read 36 times)

PaddyPat

• Recovered User
Benq iXtreme 1.41 Rev 2 Non-Stealth Multispeed
« on: July 05, 2008, 12:48:00 AM »

I was wondering if this would ever be released. It didn't seem like there was anything stopping them from releasing it....just wasn't a priority.
Thank you for finally releasing it.

Mike4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »

Forgetting the various speed choices for a second, I don't understand why anyone would want the Non-Stealth version of the new iXtreme?  Is there an advantage to using it?  I understand if your console is banned then you don't really need the Stealth ability, but I can't see how it hurts anything, other than the fact that maybe you can't play your older, non-stealthed backups.  Even then, couldn't you just use and old xtreme 5.x firmware (which should boot everything)?

Base8

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 01:24:00 AM »

I thought people just used an Xtreme version if they wanted non-stealth FW.  It seems like the best way to avoid confusion in to leave the "i" out of it.  I may be missing something about the differences between iXtreme and Xtreme.  I guess there are other reasons the firmware is stealth other than blocking non-stealth games, but if someone wanted to play on live i don's see why they would purposely play a non-stealth game.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:00 AM »

there is no Xtreme firmware for Benq drives, so the iXtreme Non Stealth firmware is there only option

crisdo98

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »

Nice work guys..  great to see that you guys are still alive!  Think it was almost 12 months since the last release.

Whilst on the topic of alive or not is there any confirmation that the newer Phillips-Liteon drive will ever be hacked or atleast have the key ripped from it??

All repairs from Germany to the UK are now the newer unmoddable drives as are the new GoPro retail packages found throughout the UK.

Would be great if we could get a hint if this was in the works or not.

Thanking you for all your hard work in the past and the future.

Regards,
Chris

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(legssmit @ Jul 5 2008, 07:51 PM) View Post

which is an iXreme 1.1 Non-stealth. exact same feature set as the iXtreme 1.1 firmware, just non-stealth and outdated (buggy).

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(legssmit @ Jul 5 2008, 03:03 PM) View Post

no it isnt...it says at the top :

C4EVA_XTREME-Benq V1.1

XTREME not iXtreme  dry.gif

Hmm didnt think you were right there either but actually it is true

Technical details
------------------------

Boots Stealth and Non-Stealh Xtreme backups - will be detectable and banned on Live if using non-stealth backups!
Thanks to all the beta testers,everyone involved for without their effort this would not have been possible. Schrtom for Dosflash. Caster420 for firmtool. Keep up the good work everyone.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(legssmit @ Jul 5 2008, 11:03 PM) View Post

no it isnt...it says at the top :

C4EVA_XTREME-Benq V1.1

XTREME not iXtreme  dry.gif

i was refering to the fact that its the same as the iXtreme 1.1 firmware as it has the same feature set as iXtreme 1.1 firmware (ie, stealth backups, lack of DVD5 xbox backups) so its basically the non-stealth iXtreme 1.1 version. i was still un aware of the Xtreme option, but thats due do its age and bugs.

Base8

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(v_lestat @ Jul 5 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

i'm still using 5.2 firmware and honestly have saw no reason to upgrade.

That's my point, and your FW will also launch games on dvd5 and has support for multi speed if I'm not mistaken.  Why would you want an iXtreme FW, i guess i don't understand why this isn't another Xtreme revision

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Base8 @ Jul 5 2008, 02:58 PM) View Post

That's my point, and your FW will also launch games on dvd5 and has support for multi speed if I'm not mistaken.  Why would you want an iXtreme FW, i guess i don't understand why this isn't another Xtreme revision

the point is that there is no xtreme 5.x for a benq drive. no benq drive will give the ability to boot from a single layer disc. also, the stealth and nonstealth versions of benq support multi speed.