xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hitachi 47 Probs  (Read 42 times)

absvicandmark

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 Probs
« on: February 03, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »

I have a hitachi 47 with latest firmware and I recently upgraded my uncles xbox which also has a hitachi 47 to the latest firmware (was original before).

All my backups before worked on his xbox (using Aeon DL). However my new set of backups (uisng ritek dye but unknown make at present but given good write ups) doesnt work on his system properly (game crashes etc) however work on mine perfectly.

I checked his pot calibration which was at 4.08 so I adjusted to about 3.2 but the results are the same. Does this mean he needs another drive and if so which drive is best to go for or can his drive be more suspectible to my new quality discs?

This post has been edited by absvicandmark: Yesterday, 09:23 PM

OggyUK

• Archived User
Hitachi 47 Probs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:52:00 AM »

The problem here is 1 of 2 things no doubt:

1) Using poor grade media will, as you have experienced, always create doubt......Use Verbatim only at least that way you can always tell the problem is something else.

2) Hitachi's especially earlier models (78/79's seem to have improved) have the worst available lasers, using crappy media cxertainly shortens the life of the laser/drive.

My suggestion, get some backups on Verbs.....If that doesnt fix it, get a new drive!