xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replace Hitachi 47dj Drive  (Read 18 times)

slowspeed

• Archived User
Replace Hitachi 47dj Drive
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:09:00 AM »

Hey guys i have been trying to replace my bricked hitachi 47dj drive for a new one that i baught. So as i understand it i don't have to spoof since is the same drive so all i have to do is change the key. So i got the key from my bricked drive and put it into the new drive. So here is how i did it. I had already copy the bricked drive's key which i got from 360 firmware toolbox, open the new drive firmware replaced the key with the bricked ones. the when up to tools, then i choose direct drive flash (grd only) i choose flash keys. It flashed the keys. To make sure it was working i dumped the new drives firmware and it confirmed it had the new key. I shut down the computer, disconnected sata cable from computer and then connected xbox360 sata cable, powered it up but it doesn't work. I can't eject or anything.

i did the 2 wire trick which i already know how to do since thats how i bricked the first. Anyone know what i am doing wrong. Oh yeah i have the new drive's firmware but only with the replaced key already i dont have the real original one. is that gonna be a problem?

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 03:20:00 PM »

If the 2 wire trick bricked your first one why go risking that method again?

Did you test this new drive before flashing your key to it to make sure it ejected and worked then? I'd assume yes since FwTb has to spin up a disc to dump the FW.

Are you trying the eject button on the 360 or from the dashboard?

I'd have to guess right off that the flash went bad somehow and since ya already have a bricked one under your belt and did the 2 wire method, no offense just the facts, I'd lean more towards the flash that went screwy.

I'd pull both chips off and dump them with a programmer and check them against a good v47 FW to see what the deal was, then reflash them both, unbricking the original one and hopefully straightening out the other one as well. If ya don't have access to that sort of thing you're kinda stuck at the moment unless you can get that new drive detected by the PC again and see what's going on there.

slowspeed

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:15:00 PM »

the pc does detect my drive. Ok i have another question. The original drive that the xbox braught i restored its fw to the original state. I bricked it with the two wire trick so that just fried the eject. So i was thinking that if i open it thru windows put a game in close it and connect it to the 360 with the game in there that the game should work but it doesn't. Could there be something wrong with my 360 instead of the drives?

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:08:00 PM »

Ya may have fried the drives MCIC or Logic IC on that first cross wired one, either way it's not gong to be able to spin up a disc even if ya put it in there manually, so that drives out of the picture for trying anything if that's the case.

The new drive, from the sounds of everything anyway, went as it should have and should be working. You replaced the key and dumped it again to check it, so it was working up to that point at least. How does it act on the PC now? and keep in mind that you may fry or could have already, this other drive with the 2 wire trick.