xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Yet Another Hitachi 79fl Thread  (Read 37 times)

XROMX

• Archived User
Yet Another Hitachi 79fl Thread
« on: April 28, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »

I'll keep this short and sweet:

I can't extract my 79FL key for obvious reasons and I'm not good enough at soldering to buy a maximus passkey.

Is it possible to buy a 78K and just swap the PCBs?  Does this process require soldering?

I've been researching the best way to play backups for my 360 for a month now & after mispurhcasing a Samsung ms28 & a VIA sata chipset, I'm ready to just send it out and get it flashed professionally.

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been answered before but I've used the search function 3 times and came up with nothing regarding this specifically.  (on whether the PCB swap requires desoldering & resoldering)

Thanks, again.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »

This will not work. Since the drive key is on the circuit board when you swap the boards you will still have a Hitachi 79 drive with Hitachi 78 case and laser.

There is no way around it. If you want to play backups you will have to install a Passkey chip to read and write the flash.

XROMX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 28 2008, 01:52 PM) *

This will not work. Since the drive key is on the circuit board when you swap the boards you will still have a Hitachi 79 drive with Hitachi 78 case and laser.

There is no way around it. If you want to play backups you will have to install a Passkey chip to read and write the flash.

Thank you for your speedy reply. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)